Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm one of the people who think season 4 was the best yet (and my favourite TV of 2014 other than Fargo), so I'm really very excited indeed for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Possibly even more because one of those episode is like a full hour

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked it at the time but have felt very little desire to revisit it. It's super interesting as an example of how he's matured recently though, because he tells the story in one of his older specials but there it's all "oh man those teachers were so fuckin dumb and i got so high it was great"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are there really still people who don't understand that scene? Good god y'all.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Saying Pamela wasn't actually in danger isn't the same as saying that what Louie was doing was right.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Btw I got really uncomfortable during the Louie/Amia scene where he was pushing her to have sex but then the scene ends with them having sex and I'm like, alright that is kindof a lovely thing morale; but then the following week there is literally a break in the story; Elevator is put on hold and the first part of Pamela is shown, in which he does literally the same thing and Pam shuts him down while telling him in so many words that it is rape, and I'm like yes! Does it not occur to you that there is a purpose to that juxtaposition? I can only read it as a condemnation of forcing yourself on others.

Nah dude you see the scene didn't end with Louie suddenly stopping and saying "I am sorry, Pamela, what I was doing was wrong, and something no man should ever do" while looking into the screen therefore Louis CK is pro-rape

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to need a source for that. I want it to be true pretty desperately.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Absolutely incredible. Oh my fuckin' god Louis.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
42351 if we're doing the ranking thing. Maybe swap 1 and 5 but 5's best episodes were INSANELY good, especially the horror one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Counter-point: season 4, while slightly pretentious and over-obvious at times, makes a strong case for being the best season. Of course I'm not one who cares if this show is constantly laugh-out-loud funny or not so I don't expect that to be a common opinion.

• Locked thread