Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warcraft 3
gently caress yeah!
I prefer non-Blizzard RTS games (retard option)
View Results

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
FRIDAY APRIL 17TH, 7:30 PM PACIFIC TIME. Lordaeron server, channel "gamesaregood"

http://www.twitch.tv/fiwer1

A few people said playing Warcraft 3 would be pretty cool, so let's do it. This isn't the shitposting challenge so there's no call-outs, just post in this thread if you're interested in participating or make some suggestions. 1v1 tournament with brackets? 4v4 all random with wacky rules? Some stupid loving custom map bullshit for baby retards who can't handle the complexity of an RTS? Prizes? Maybe avatars or something if Kewpuh is cool with it. If you're participating, suggest dates and times that work best for you.

Also:

quote:

ban stux

What is Warcraft 3?

Check out the official trailer

Warcraft 3 is the epic tale of Arthas, the lich prince,

who falls in love with Jaina Blackmoore against all of the rules of lich society.

Eventually he becomes the lich king and sits on the frozen throne and the lich dad Sargeras tells him he has to stop dating Jaina

Can the heat of Jaina's love melt his frozen heart? Or will she be forced to FrostMourn him?

In the sequel, Warcraft III-II, the Lich King Arthas meets Illidan and his love for Jaina is tested even further as he's forced to grapple with feelings long supressed

But then Illidan and Arthas fight and this happens.

Finally, the lich king stops being made of ice and is made of fire instead, so he spends a lot of time looking at his hands and wondering why his throne doesn't melt

Adam Bowen fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
im fine with avatars

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i suck nads at rtses but good luck with the tournament OP

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Not as part of the tournament but an FFA game with as many people as can fit would be fun in my opinion.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Custom map randomizer. :getin:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
1v1 with seeded brackets based on ur ladder ranking *pops in with rank 30 and chaos golem chat av*

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Contest Winner posted:

Not as part of the tournament but an FFA game with as many people as can fit would be fun in my opinion.

Its 12 op

And i believe there are 2 6v6 maps but no 12 player ffa maps

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Saturday evenings

Orv
May 4, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Its 12 op

Someone remade Temple as a 12 player FFA map for some reason. I'm sure you could find that horrific thing somewhere.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
i would participate but i can't risk ruining my computer, who knows what damage could occur installing a video game. i'm also extremely busy all the time, any possibly dates we set will probably conflict with my schedule. i might be able to get away with correspondence chess, as long as it's by mail, but again very busy.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I'd be down but I don't have the Ice Throne expansion, is that gonna be needed?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
ill play but you need to ban blademaster and demon hunter

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dat one portagee posted:

i would participate but i can't risk ruining my computer, who knows what damage could occur installing a video game. i'm also extremely busy all the time, any possibly dates we set will probably conflict with my schedule. i might be able to get away with correspondence chess, as long as it's by mail, but again very busy.

same

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
i wanna play but idk if my cdkey is banned

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Pookum posted:

It's $10. Sell some plasma or hit up your mom and tell her its for autism medicine

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Pookum posted:

TFT has all the ccool heroes like crypt lord and death knight

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

TFT has all the ccool heroes like crypt lord and death knight
reign of chaos had death knight wtf

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
actually yeah there was only 1 hero added for each race... i hosed up... sorry guys

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.
I only have Reign of Chaos, otherwise I'd honestly be all in on this.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Its 12 op

Divide and Conquer and Emerald Gardens were the two popular 12 player maps.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
epic tier:
- crypt lord
- warden
- blade dancer (whatever the orc guy with wind walk is)

good tier:
- lich
- demon hunter
- the human guy on the horse

okay tier:
- death knight
- vampire lord
- far seer

crap tier:
- everything else

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

epic tier:
- crypt lord
- warden

good tier:
- lich
- demon hunter

okay tier:
- death knight
- vampire lord
- far seer

crap tier:
- everything else
you forgot firelord for epic tier

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
neutrals dont count

but ok

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'll crush you in DBZ Tribute.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

updated OP with Warcraft 3 info

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

:lol:

I was thinking it would be funny if someone made a terrible video with Jaina and Arthas and that stupid evanescence song and someone already did

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Adam Bowen posted:

:lol:

I was thinking it would be funny if someone made a terrible video with Jaina and Arthas and that stupid evanescence song and someone already did

post it and i'll 5 the thread

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
oh, you Did.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I almost died watching that video

Good work on the OP

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

everybody line up its time for a timg4strok all kill

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
what the heck my account was inactive for 3 years and it got deleted, all my icons are gone. :mad:

I think 1v1 or 2v2 is best, by the way.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

epic tier:
- crypt lord
- warden

good tier:
- lich
- demon hunter

okay tier:
- death knight
- vampire lord
- far seer

crap tier:
- everything else

lol at this guy who never ran Tauren Chieftan w/ raiders (and maybe some shamen I guess)

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I like anything but 1v1 just because 1v1 is going to be very lopsided. I want to see someone legitimately good get paired up with 3 baddies and get totally hosed over and lose in the first round

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Adam Bowen posted:

I like anything but 1v1 just because 1v1 is going to be very lopsided. I want to see someone legitimately good get paired up with 3 baddies and get totally hosed over and lose in the first round

3v3 is the biggest melee game size that's fun, if you do 4v4 with a good player + 3 scrubs it'll probably just be "hey retards get a firelord with lava spawn" or whatever. Cheese is fun/funny but it's better when it isn't everything i m o.

You're right that 1v1 would be too lopsided though, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

12 player free for all

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i fell for this in the smash bros tournament everyone who said 'oh im just a casual player' starts hitting you with 38 point combos

edit

adam has the right idea throw some rng into this fucker so we can see some newbs get wins over some nerds, 2v2 sounds good

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I've never actually played this game against other humans

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
early ladder 3v3 strats are hilarious: pick undead tech to frost wyrms kill everyone with an army of 30 and no other unit

Orv
May 4, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

early ladder 3v3 strats are hilarious: pick undead tech to frost wyrms kill everyone with an army of 30 and no other unit

This is still how low level SC2 2v2 and up ladders work a decade later, it's great. Some Stalkers? No, all of the them.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Orv posted:

This is still how low level SC2 2v2 and up ladders work a decade later, it's great. Some Stalkers? No, all of the them.

I have fond memories of hoovering up every gas mine I could get my hands on in 3v3 SC2 maps so I could mass Ravens and throw their AoE bombs en-mass into blobs of Void Rays back in the very early days of the game.

Then you fill their base with the little deployable turrets while your deployable point-defense drones prevent the Ravens from taking any AA fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

well high level 3v3 strats are more like pick undead, get a dreadlord and 2 deathknights then swarm ghouls all over the other guys before they can do anything.

Undead was kinda OP.

• Locked thread