Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warcraft 3
gently caress yeah!
I prefer non-Blizzard RTS games (retard option)
View Results

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Id be down for some Dark Deeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What was that vampire hunter game? Because that vampire hunter game was dope.

Vampirism. That and Island Defense were the real deal.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the WoW maps where everyone had their own faction and the map was outrageously massive could actually be pretty fun

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Angel arena lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the WoW maps where everyone had their own faction and the map was outrageously massive could actually be pretty fun
the lord of the rings version of that was hilarious

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Two words

PYRAMID. ESCAPE.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Just Offscreen posted:

Two words

PYRAMID. ESCAPE.
pyramid escape > uther party

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Troll island or whatever was always pretty dope.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Problem with Island Troll Tribes is that it was hard to get a game where there was 2 tribes that could actually compete with each other.

Also: Jurassic Park Survival owned.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
So... Is the OP making an event or is this just a lets reminisce about war3?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
darwin's island is an epic map

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

So... Is the OP making an event or is this just a lets reminisce about war3?

Yes.

What about the map where you all crewed starships that fought each other and everyone was a different position on the bridge?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I'm glad that some people have actually expressed some interest, however nobody except the penetrator actually said anything about availability. So if you're interested, please share your availability.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
pretty sure some other people said they would play

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Yes, but nobody posted when they can play.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
well you're coordinating things so ask them maybe?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

If you're participating, suggest dates and times that work best for you.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ah right I forgot about autism

so all you people who want to play, post the best times for you here

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Thurs to Sunday, in the evenings.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Sun-Thurs after 2am UTC. Fri-Sun I might be free all day before 12am UTC, or I might not at all, depending on the exact date.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I think that was ToB or EotA. EotA was great because it had a character who's gimmick was that he stunned you and caused you to drop random piles of your money everywhere along with a randomly generated consumable. It also had lots of LoL style stat scaling so that was a thing I guess.

this thread really made me want to play EotA again. that map was fantastic as long as you played one of the shorter maps (it had like five or six maps in one), because the default was easily 60-90 minute games. primarily because people didn't know how to play aggressively. most of them never even finished due to leavers!

also fenris was OP as gently caress, he was literally fenrir from SMITE but better. if anyone wants to play EotA I am so down.

also The Great Strategy which was 'build your own hero' was hilarious and coming up with the most broken poo poo possible was great.

e: eota owned because it did so many weird things with the engine, like league-style stat scaling which isnt something natively supported by wc3, iirc.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 7, 2015

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
Enfos, Burbenog TD, and Battleships consumed my youth. Gonna go see if I can scrounge up my old CD Keys and get this installed.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Smarms posted:

Battleships consumed my youth.

This and the tank one were great.

Footman Frenzy was easily one of my favorite maps ever. Then at some point the developers of it seemed to offload it to someone else, and then the already questionable balancing went out of control, and a lot of weird ideas that sounded cool on paper got implemented badly. What an amazing 8th and 9th grade summer that was :kiddo:.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Saturday/Sunday work for me 7am PST to 11:30 pm pst.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
weekends basically

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Most weekday evenings after 9CST or so.

Message me here or Just Offscreen on steam.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Adam Bowen posted:

Yes, but nobody posted when they can play.

If you're doing a one-off, just make a fuckin weekend event from like Friday to Sunday or something, if you need more than one day. If you're doing a bigger event, have weekly replay due dates.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Weekends, either before 4 EST or after 830 EST

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Is it too late to play?!??! I want to play!!!!

Naga Sea Witch best hero. Best puns, smexiest snake voice, forkiest lightning, oh yes.

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

i'm pretty busy aside from saturdays but if it's scheduled for another day i'll try to show up

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

Is it too late to play?!??! I want to play!!!!

Naga Sea Witch best hero. Best puns, smexiest snake voice, forkiest lightning, oh yes.

Coldest arrows too.

AM + Naga is a good combo for HU vs Orc but AM + Firelord tower push was my favorite t2 transition.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I've been really busy this week, I'm gonna try to figure out when people are available to play and then post what's up sometime tomorrow night

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i cannot play the saturday or sunday of next week, which is, the weekend 18th/19th. thank you.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

I work sundays-thursday 4-1 am, but anything other then that is good for me.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Eternal Conflict was the bestest dotes map. That is all.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
we're playing this Friday or else

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This week for sure

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
any final word on the format or intention of the tournament? i really want it to actually be about a lot of fun games and not just the people who never uninstalled the game proving they're still the best while the rest of us sit out immediately

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I'm thinking we'll mix it up, a big FFA, some team battles, some 1v1s, and maybe throw in some custom map garbage that people love. Or a mumble warcraft 3 poetry slam. Or a no heroes game, or an only heroes game. Maybe we do an FFA and a few 1v1 or 2v2 rounds to get a feel for rankings and then let some baddies go 2v1 or 3v1 against the better players. Since this is supposed to be a tournament with winners and losers, I'd like to make it so that if someone really really doesn't want to participate in a specific mode, like you absolutely hate 1v1 or custom maps, then you can sit one round out and not have it affect your ranking.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

we're playing this Friday or else

Tentatively, 6 or 7 pacific on Friday sounds good to me. If some people can't make that then we can match them up against each other and let them hash out a schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ive never played a war craft or a dota. Enjoy yourselves gamers!

• Locked thread