Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warcraft 3
gently caress yeah!
I prefer non-Blizzard RTS games (retard option)
View Results

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I don't get home from work till 830 pacific on fridays but I don't mind being a bit late. Basically I just wanna play WC3 with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Man I re-installed and am all jazzed up about this poo poo, am very excited for some wc3.

I vote games be 3v3v3v3 for maximum bullshit. Also all maps must have a tavern so I can get my snakey waifu.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

Also all maps must have a tavern so I can surround them in towers, gently caress you guys.

ftfy

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Here's a link to the highest level WC3 strategy: http://www.battlereports.com/users/Stacker/highperch/highperch.html . Godspeed.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

foutre posted:

Here's a link to the highest level WC3 strategy: http://www.battlereports.com/users/Stacker/highperch/highperch.html . Godspeed.

:haw:

Highperching is so obnoxious holy poo poo. But I mean t2 tower pushes as a human were basically the competitive equivalent.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

has anyone played a game yet

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

whatever the hell you do, stream/record the games. Goons and War3 sounds like a blast/dumpster fire to watch

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Spider Covets posted:

has anyone played a game yet

i've played dozens. scores, even

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Man, I forgot the insane AI actually cheats. Those fuckers.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I played a game of Space Station 13 and got real sad when I remembered how it feels like an incredibly nerdy shadow of the fun and action in Parasite 2.

Parasite 2 (or Metastasis depending on the version) owned.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I don't know about standard but if anyone wants to get wrecked at Castle Fight/Dota1/Pudge wars hit me up yeezy

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
did this poo poo happen yet or what

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Kewpuh posted:

did this poo poo happen yet or what

its happening this weekend. as is my decree.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
7:30 pacific, Friday night.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there an ingame channel we're using or a steam group or something of that sort?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Battle.net channel name "gamesaregood" and a Steam group might be a good idea

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Adam Bowen posted:

Battle.net channel name "gamesaregood" and a Steam group might be a good idea

Theres a WC3 goons custom games group that never gets used you could probably merge with for a while.

edit

we need 9 people online at the same time or on a friends list to make a goon clan, with enough effort...we can achieve this

extra stout fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 15, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
someone better stream this on Twitch or something

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

you should play the wc3 mod for sc2

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Or we could just play the superior WC3

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
We're gonna be on USEast Azeroth right?

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Lordaeron master race

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I don't remember picking, apparently I created my account on Lordaeron.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
useast idiots

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
anyone want to carry me in 2v2s so I can practice for this?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I remember waiting for Warcraft 3 and being excited, but it was delayed or something in like 2001 or whatever and so I was like gently caress it nevermind. I just paid attention to only Brood War ever since.

It wasn't until the Summer of 2011 when I had a working life and money to spend that I eventually remembered, "oh hey, I remember that game... let's check it out." It was pretty good, actually.

I tried playing a couple of 1v1 games but I got rekt really hard every time. Even against the AI, no less.

That being said, I'll be happy to get rekt in a tournament... so count me in if the signups are still open. It looks like I'll have somewhere around 1 day to "prepare." I'll make sure to get drunk beforehand so that I have an excuse for my badness.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Anyone who bothers to prepare for this is going to be laughed at

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Understood - I'll just wait until the last minute to install the game, then.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
WC3 + Frozen Throne had by far the best single player campaign Blizzard ever made. I never even touched the multiplayer.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Real multiplayer was pretty awful, compared to how great the campaign and the custom games were.

That being said, betraying your teammates was very fun too.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Real multiplayer was pretty awful, compared to how great the campaign and the custom games were.

That being said, betraying your teammates was very fun too.

Oh man I remember losing my poo poo at BSers in Brood War when playing 4v4 BGH back when I was younger...

The most memorable one was this guy who said he was an old grandma. Then as he ran a bunch of hydralisks into my base he told me he had to go afk to change his diaper.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
btw please update the OP with time&date?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
WC3 is good in that it's the only blizzard game where like 3v3 and other team battle poo poo is actually fun.

3v3 starcraft you just get a team of 3 terrans who all rush out like 3 marines and murder all your dudes, because mass marines that early cannot be beaten by zerglings/zealots.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

3v3 starcraft you just get a team of 3 terrans who all rush out like 3 marines and murder all your dudes, because mass marines that early cannot be beaten by zerglings/zealots.

>_>, you and I had very different experiences back then...

edit: VVVVVVV what that goon said

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 16, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gannyGrabber posted:

my memory is quite the opposite, 3 zerg teams were worse

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Lljk channel Friday night?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
GamerTroonLifestyle

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

7:30 pacific, Friday night.

So I just found out I can't make Friday night. I'm sorry to let down all the people who were depending on me

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

precision posted:

my memory is quite the opposite, 3 zerg teams were worse

Nah, v 3 zerg you just have to bunker until you have enough marine mass to stomp through.

Mind you this was back during the WoL beta so I dunno if people got less bad after that.

ninjewtsu posted:

So I just found out I can't make Friday night. I'm sorry to let down all the people who were depending on me

I'll never love again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

Nah, v 3 zerg you just have to bunker until you have enough marine mass to stomp through.

Mind you this was back during the WoL beta so I dunno if people got less bad after that.

I'll never love again

Sounds like a 3v3 ZvT BGH is in order after the wc3 tournament

• Locked thread