Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

CaptainPsyko posted:

1) have you cleared all of the classic and elite dungeons?

2) are you sitting on a terrifyingly large pile of gysahl greens?

If the answers are yes and then no, you might be screwed.
I've cleared all the classic and about 65% of the elite dungeons. That's a good idea though, I'll go hunting for ones that give ice/lightning rather than doing them in order.

...I have almost no greens though :smith:

e: Actually, looking through the stuff in the next DU, one of the XIII dungeon elites gives 3x MIO, that will go a long way toward solving my problem.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Even elite dungeon rewards are never quite at the level of 3x major orbs, but at least 1x is progress on such a front.

Since the dungeon information sheet listed in the OP is rapidly becoming out of date, and Enlir's sheet doesn't have some of the cool features like filtering or bang-for-your-buck stats, I'll probably try making up a merger of the two in order to best present the Road Map to Progress.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

NGDBSS posted:

Even elite dungeon rewards are never quite at the level of 3x major orbs, but at least 1x is progress on such a front.

Since the dungeon information sheet listed in the OP is rapidly becoming out of date, and Enlir's sheet doesn't have some of the cool features like filtering or bang-for-your-buck stats, I'll probably try making up a merger of the two in order to best present the Road Map to Progress.
Was it a typo then? It's listed here, Sulyya Springs elite.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Was it a typo then? It's listed here, Sulyya Springs elite.

I would guess that's probably 3 GIOs, I don't think Elite dungeons have ever rewarded more than 1 major orb at a time.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So the Glimmer of Hope U+ is in 4 phases again, like Ultros U+, which means debuffs are canceled between each phase. I don't want to go through that torture again, so I need to hone my Full Break to r2 before I bother with it. I have more than enough MPOs, but I'm lacking ice and lightning (have 7/12 of each). Any idea how I can get five of those before the end of the event other than spamming the dailies and hoping?

Nightmare dungeon undercards, quad foul stages 1-3 give MLO, northern cross stages 1-3 give MIO

E: oh right its closed

Inge fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 8, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got the Aerith Burst... It seems good! The damage on a U+ boss is trivial but healing 1500 aoe every turn is so useful.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got the Aerith Burst... It seems good! The damage on a U+ boss is trivial but healing 1500 aoe every turn is so useful.

Not when you are boosting it with Red XIII's new SSB. :getin:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So yeah. Climhazzard and then Finishing Touch. It's pretty nuts! I might as well unequip Fenrir Overdrive from my Cloud, literally no reason to ever use that again.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
tempted to push saints cross to r4 but i haven't really needed any more than 6 charges yet...

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

tempted to push saints cross to r4 but i haven't really needed any more than 6 charges yet...

I found making a second copy at R2 to be more useful than R4. But then, I have multiple holy swords.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ETB posted:

Not when you are boosting it with Red XIII's new SSB. :getin:

Protector's Roar is the one thing that's tempting me to pull again, but I'm gonna have to make myself wait for the Rufus event. Hopefully the poor guy doesn't get that much outclassed again by the time Global gets there.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Crystal Helm (vi)+++ as its prob the best 4 star item around with 22 Attack.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

superloosegoose posted:

Crystal Helm (vi)+++ as its prob the best 4 star item around with 22 Attack.

Crystal Helm is definitely the best option for reforge. If you're hurting for FF5 weapon synergy, Rune Axe/Giant's Axe are great, too.

Let's see, what else is good 3*/4* reforge fodder...

Wyvern Claws III have +Wind, making them a good pinch synergy option for Gilgamesh or anyone looking to use Wind Slash.
Hypno Crown V and Ten-Gallon Hat VIII are probably the best four-star headwear after the Crystal Helm VI.
Brigandine IX if you're hurting for FF9 armor synergy (almost everybody is hurting for FF9 armor synergy), Gladius IX for FF9 weapon synergy
Rune Blade I from the Mobius/Dissidia events isn't a bad option, since how else are you going to get FF1 synergy ever for those three cases where it's relevant?

Basically, anything you see yourself equipping in place of off-synergy 5* stuff regularly.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I was gonna do this, then I looked at my party roster and realized that with Faris being a lock for my A-team and Zidane and Yuffie being CM mainstays I was probably better off doing Thief's Revenge R1>R3 instead.

Holy poo poo Thief's Revenge is loving nuts when you can get all five hits, especially now with Mug Bloodlust.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Heaven Spacey posted:

I was gonna do this, then I looked at my party roster and realized that with Faris being a lock for my A-team and Zidane and Yuffie being CM mainstays I was probably better off doing Thief's Revenge R1>R3 instead.

Holy poo poo Thief's Revenge is loving nuts when you can get all five hits, especially now with Mug Bloodlust.

Honestly I probably should hone Thief Revenge at some point, but Vaan has enough things to do between Breakdowns and Lifesiphon, and I don't really see Yuffie on my A-team just yet.

I was going over the number of relics some of the characters have and it struck me that Quistis is part of an elite club that can get +40 to a single stat. The funny thing is that the other people in that club are Yuna, Cloud and Terra - all main characters, and then you have Quistis.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
After two complete dud pulls on Selphie 1, I'm struggling to decide if I should give it one last go. I didn't get Celes BSB, so I really want Selphie's so I can have a mage buff to set my really solid mage team off. I also want Edea's SSB because it's rad as hell and I've got a soft spot for Edea because she was my first ever SSB(Ice Strike).

Next stacking mage buff is Onion Knight, yes?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm going into mythril hoarding mode in anticipation of Alphinaud/Minfillia and Orlandu. They're only a couple months or so away, and I'm wondering if they'll push to bring the Tactics event to Global early given how close to Christmas it's going to be.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did a random pull and got Cloud's sword, this is a good day.

I should probably just pull on every good Cloud banner, I have all his swords now except for one

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Twelve by Pies posted:

So yeah. Climhazzard and then Finishing Touch. It's pretty nuts! I might as well unequip Fenrir Overdrive from my Cloud, literally no reason to ever use that again.

I actually was going to ask about this because I also have Cloud's BSB and OSB. Are there any edge cases where it would be more useful to pop the BSB (say, elemental weaknesses) or is the OSB damage so superior that it's never going to equal or surpass it?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

I actually was going to ask about this because I also have Cloud's BSB and OSB. Are there any edge cases where it would be more useful to pop the BSB (say, elemental weaknesses) or is the OSB damage so superior that it's never going to equal or surpass it?

Clouds BSB is nonelemental.

Basically the only time you'll ever want the burst from now on is in a multitarget situation.

Otherwise, the OSB is always the correct button unless you also have his EnWind SB, in which case, two bars -> SB->OSB becomes interesting.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So I pulled Crystal Comb (and a V-synergy Helm with shared Protectga which will be handy for CMs) and now I'm left wondering how I'm supposed to make use of Red and Barret on the same CM team.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

ZiegeDame posted:

So I pulled Crystal Comb (and a V-synergy Helm with shared Protectga which will be handy for CMs) and now I'm left wondering how I'm supposed to make use of Red and Barret on the same CM team.

You don't. :v:

If you sphere up Red, you can make him a decent Black Magic user. Otherwise, it doesn't necessarily hurt to have all the necessary breakdowns at your disposal for a physical team (Power/Magic/Full/Armor).

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Not crazy useful since it's just a book, but still nice to have.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

QuantaStarFire posted:

I think I'm going into mythril hoarding mode in anticipation of Alphinaud/Minfillia and Orlandu. They're only a couple months or so away, and I'm wondering if they'll push to bring the Tactics event to Global early given how close to Christmas it's going to be.

They have no reason to. The only time they've pushed up an event was for the XIV event, and that was only because it coincided with XIV's own anniversary. No real reason to push up Tactics, and even if they did it means some other event will end up being around Christmas. If anything, a hype banner around Christmas only helps them to get more money.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Otherwise, the OSB is always the correct button unless you also have his EnWind SB, in which case, two bars -> SB->OSB becomes interesting.

I pulled both of those, and I already had Cíd's Imperil Wind SB. Looking forward to the bonus battles. :getin:

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

LornMarkus posted:

Not crazy useful since it's just a book, but still nice to have.

*sniffle* It's beautiful!

Okay, serious time, anyone got a recommendation on an RW to bring to 180 Nemesis in JPN? I've brought Relm's BSSB both attempts, but I still can't poo poo out enough damage before he eventually overwhelms me. No chance in hell I'm doing 255, but I want to at least knock 180 down. If he didn't resist EVERYTHING, then my EnEle+OSB combos on Squall and Agrias would be enough, but alas.

Here's my team:

Squall Lv. 96 | Squall's OSB/Y'shtola's BSB Armor/the Secret of Mana cat ring | Lifesiphon R4/Drain Blade R4 | OSB/BSB/EnEle SB | Ace Striker
Agrias Lv. 93 | Agrias OSB+/Curilla's Armor/ +ATK Ring | Lifesiphon R4/Protectga R2 | EnEle SSB/2nd BSB/OSB | Battleforged
Ramza Lv. 91 | Bartz OSB/Agrias SSB Shield/ +ATK Bracer | Full Break R2/Magic Breakdown R4 | Shout | Mako Might
Tyro Lv. 99 | Noel SSB/ Crystal Armor RF (V) / +ATK Bracer | Power Breakdown R4/ Armor Break R5 | SG | Dr. Mog's Teachings
Y'shtola Lv. 96 | Ovelia SSB RF/Alphinaud's Coat/+MND Ring | Curaja R4/Shellga R2 | Her OP BSB | +Healing RM (don't have anything better, to my knowledge}

This is my A-Team. Most everyone else isn't leveled or doesn't have a useful SB. I do have Terra's OSB/old BSB and Cid Raines and his great BSB, but Raines can only go to 80 so far and Terra's entirely elemental attack-wise.

Edit: Nevermind, got him. The issue I kept running into was his piercing attack that he ended up using twice in a row. Switched out Tyro for Eiko w/ Hamelin and it was easy. Also used Alphinaud's Deployment Tactics for the damage reflect which helped a bit.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 8, 2016

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Here's a list of my 4 star rares reforged:

Atk/Mag/Mnd/Def/Res

Crystal Helm (vi) - 22/3/0/84/74
Ten-gallon Hat (viii) - 0/21/19/45/89
Hypno Crown (v) - 0/18/18/44/87
Knights Armor (I) - 0/0/0/109/41
Black Garb (IV) - 0/0/0/80/80
Wizard Armlet (x) - 15/21/18/47/66
Silver Bangle (xiii) - 17/17/17/48/61
Crystal Bangle (vii) - 38/38/38/114/147* (realm synergy stats)

Atk/Mag

Crystal Sword (vi) - 90/0
Rune Axe (v) - 96/3
Metal Knuckle (vii) - 184/0* (realm synergy stats)

So basically they give natural 5's a run for their money in the same realm, and in many cases outclasses them.

superloosegoose fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 8, 2016

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Star Platinum posted:

I pulled both of those, and I already had Cíd's Imperil Wind SB. Looking forward to the bonus battles. :getin:

How much damage are you guys dishing out with cloud's OSB?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Think I'm switching my pull on the Guy event from banner 1 to banner 2. While Firion's BSB is awesome I like the totality of banner 2 a lot better. I don't like Leon's BSB at all really now that I've looked at what it is. Plus if I get lucky and get Maria's bow, I have a Gaia Gear to boost earth damage.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does the osb cap at 99999?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does the osb cap at 99999?
Yes.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I wish i had a EnWind for cloud but I can just stack Cid's Wind Imperil with Red's ATK/DEF/MND and Ramza's Shout and Faris's Full Breakdown so that should still be good if impractical

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Success :toot:

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003

superloosegoose posted:

527 attack cloud in FF7 realm, schizo 120 difficulty, with full break + Bartz +wind cloak was doing around 45K a hit. No other + damage or -defense things.

I was pretty shocked. Took out half a head's life per OSB

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
That's probably the most satisfying hone in the game, including 5* and 6* skills.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Kawalimus posted:

Think I'm switching my pull on the Guy event from banner 1 to banner 2. While Firion's BSB is awesome I like the totality of banner 2 a lot better. I don't like Leon's BSB at all really now that I've looked at what it is. Plus if I get lucky and get Maria's bow, I have a Gaia Gear to boost earth damage.

Guy's Imperil-Earth is also on that banner, so that combos nicely. And if you were going to pull on Kain 1, there's also Rydia's Enstone BSB and Yang's Imperil-Earth.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

OK. I've expanded and edited the new OP here.

I think this is good enough for a new thread. Any objections to just starting it up now?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Is there a datamined list of the order of future dungeons and their mastery conditions? I've pretty much got my revamped spreadsheet ready after cleaning up this one linked in the OP, and while Enlir's database has a wealth of information that I plan to put in it's still missing a few things.

This slimmed down fork is what I've come up with this far; any thoughts on tweaking it or adding more data processing?

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

superloosegoose posted:

im doing 99999 in realm with cids goggles and no other attack adders. even on the 120 difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Dr Pepper posted:

OK. I've expanded and edited the new OP here.

I think this is good enough for a new thread. Any objections to just starting it up now?

I'd add a few more things under new player tips, maybe. Probably one of the first question everyone asks is "what are the best characters" and the answer is pretty much always "who you have relics for", so might as well make that very clear.

Related to that, I'd also add a suggestion about running 3 DPS + healer + support (or combat 5*) as a good starting composition, since some newbies first hit a wall because they don't use mitigation.

• Locked thread