Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I know it doesn't work but gently caress if I'm putting effort into a Taint Reaper poem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What was the poem in question?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

There once was a man named Taint Reaper
Who everyone thought was a creeper
He posted real bad
But nobody got mad
His posts just made them all sleepier

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ike Dreams of Nintendo's Link

Had I Nintendos's amiibo Link
Enwrought with manly and columned piss,
The Marth and the Pit and the Yoshi
Of Toad and Ness and the Smash Bros,
I would tap the toys against your Wii:
But I, being poor, have only my games;
I have spread my games under your console;
Tread softly because you tread on my games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*record scratch*
Here
Here
Here we go!
He's finally here! Performing for you!
He's the first member... of the D... K... crew!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
DK64 had some really cool worlds. Fungi Forest, Frantic Factory and Creepy Castle were the best.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Colonel posted:

DK64 had some really cool worlds. Fungi Forest, Frantic Factory and Creepy Castle were the best.

I don't even remember most of those!! Frantic Factory was good, except I remember the beginning was kind of annoying. There's a part where they force you beat the original Donkey Kong with one life, which was cool. I'm looking forward to playing it again, so I can remember Fungi Forest and Creepy Castle.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
The best DK64 levels are the earlier ones because they require less backtracking. DK64 levels don't have any more interesting level design as they go on, they just get bigger which means that the things you have to constantly backtrack for are further apart. What would take a minute in an early level takes three by midgame and there's the exact same amount of content between the two points in either level. Everything just feels so empty.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
there once was a kiddo named lucas
whose game never came to the u.s.
he beat up some pigs
did it just for kicks
and youll never get to play his game because nintendo are a bunch of loving bastards who wouldnt know a good idea if it punched them in the face. ucas.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
put your hands together
if you wanna clap
as we take you through
THIS MONKEY RAP

D.K.
DONKEY
KONG

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
There should be a trigger warning attached to that loving song, every time I hear it I have flashbacks

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I think most of my love for DK64 comes from how loving surreal that game feels at times, especially in those later worlds.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you mean people like those who dye their hair in rainbow colors I really can't say that their opinions lie within the realm of sanity. Like everything they say is within the realm of madness and when they get angry it's like double thesaurus mad.

Anyways the poem was funny and clever and to just get butthurt to the point where you make open threats to a developer which causes them to remove it and get even more open threats is comedy in itself.

actually it was bad and also further to this rainbow coloured hair is cool.

its no wonder goons like bad games like south park borderlands and saints row really

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
it was a limerick about a guy who accidentally sleeps with a man dressed as a woman and then jumps off a cliff or something

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ahundredbux posted:

it was a limerick about a guy who accidentally sleeps with a man dressed as a woman and then jumps off a cliff or something

lmao

pretty epic, much like jokes where the punchline is someone saying the n word lmao haha i piss myself laughing at this comedy jokes

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

It's nothing really that interesting on its own. Some people complained about one of the bits of text a backer put in the game, Obsidian agreed and admitted that it shouldn't have made it through QA, and it was quietly patched out.

Then the usual Let's Play pantshitters started making GBS threads their pants and sending out rape threats over it because it's censorship and political correctness gone mad and the developers are obviously just bowing down to the threats of the feminazi shadow cabal.

Nothing of the sort happened. Shotgun Bladder, former FYAD friend, complained about it and started a shitstorm on twitter. Devs asked the backer if he wanted it changed because of it. He said sure and wrote a new one mocking the people who got angry.

Weird Twitter got insanely owned and is patting themselves on the back like they won WWIII.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 4, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

Nothing of the sort happened. Shotgun Bladder, former FYAD friend, complained about it and started a shitstorm on twitter. Devs asked the backer if he wanted it changed because of it. He said sure and wrote a new one mocking the people who got angry.

the important part is that its idiot reactionary nerds that are angry now and thats still true.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Stux posted:

the important part is that its idiot reactionary nerds that are angry now and thats still true.

It's quite clear from why the backer changed it, the "reactionary nerds" weren't the only ones mad, but only the pure hearted good people were too.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
every part of this owns

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

As long as Totalbiscuit is mad about this, it's a good thing.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

every part of this owns

It's extremely funny, and those who take it seriously (especially the ones who claim they aren't) are the reason why. All the "This is CENSORSHIP" to the "How dare Obsidian make light of Trans Genocide" and both sides trying to both make this a victory, and cry about it at the same time.

Traditional games goons are the gift that will give for a week or two.

Lurdiak posted:

As long as Totalbiscuit is mad about this, it's a good thing.

He tweeted about it once, and therefore is the least funny about this, as opposed to the goon who is acting like they just stopped female castration in the pillars of eternity thread for getting a stupid oversensitive gently caress instead.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Apr 4, 2015

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
My only regret is how smoothly they handled this instead of turning it into gamer gate 2.0

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's quite clear from why the backer changed it, the "reactionary nerds" weren't the only ones mad, but only the pure hearted good people were too.

yeah, but that was justifiable anger, the reactionary nerds (no scare quotes needed m8) are being little babies

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

Weird Twitter got insanely owned and is patting themselves on the back like they won WWIII.

lol that fixed poem isn't even a burn its the dude owning himself this is even better hahahaha

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kill all nerds

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Finally a stux we can all get behind

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Stux posted:

lol that fixed poem isn't even a burn its the dude owning himself this is even better hahahaha

If you got the chance to basically say "go gently caress yourselves" to tens of thousands of people whether you are right or wrong or they are right or wrong and get away with it completely scot-free you are lying if you claim you wouldn't do it

It's probably not worth acting smug about but it is a pretty funny resolution to the issue

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stux posted:

kill all nerds

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

If you got the chance to basically say "go gently caress yourselves" to tens of thousands of people whether you are right or wrong or they are right or wrong and get away with it completely scot-free you are lying if you claim you wouldn't do it

It's probably not worth acting smug about but it is a pretty funny resolution to the issue

its not even saying that, its really dejected "they asked for blood so now he's just dead" :smith:

lmao

same

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

CJacobs posted:

he actually kept a pretty low profile and handled this like a mature adult unlike GamerGate and Werid Twitter/SRS/Stux.

Ahundredbux posted:

My only regret is how smoothly they handled this instead of turning it into gamer gate 2.0

Yeah, this is still getting the twitter week of outrage. people just realized the new poem is mocking them, and are getting extremely pissed, and gg is now claiming this as an utter victory.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Stux posted:

its not even saying that, its really dejected "they asked for blood so now he's just dead" :smith:

you either have zero reading comprehension or are extremely mad, either way it's funny.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cant imagine anything more meaningless than keeping up with twitter drama

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

he actually kept a pretty low profile and handled this like a mature adult unlike GamerGate and Werid Twitter/SRS/Stux.

Yeah, this is still getting the twitter week of outrage. people just realized the new poem is mocking them, and are getting extremely pissed, and gg is now claiming this as an utter victory.

lol a mature adult wouldn't have submitted a rejected south park joke in the first place

NutritiousSnack posted:

you either have zero reading comprehension or are extremely mad, either way it's funny.

I'm actually both, please update your pplwhoareangry and pplwhocantread text files.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

that post up there that he wrote in response to having to change it is only missing a fedora tip to be perfect.

m'pillar

edit: hahahahahahahah

quote:

There's only so much room for context in four lines of an epitaph. How the masses can extrapolate so much back-story without knowing anything is beyond baffling. It's extremely entertaining though, I'll admit.

Firedorn is a character. A fictional character. He's a creation based on a combination of different people I've seen in my life. He's overly macho, making up for his other shortcomings. Talks a whole lot but doesn't say much. He's a womanizer, an alcoholic and he's not too bright. He's also has self-esteem issues, which is why he over compensates by being overly sexual. Incidentally, he believes that being with a man will somehow make him a lesser man. You know the type of person I'm referring to. You've seen him. You probably even know him, or someone like him. I've crossed paths with people like him, numerous times in my life.

But the fact remains, Firedorn is a character. A fictional character. Representing part of what's wrong with people today. The limerick was written as a form of artistic expression from a nobody, trying to ridicule the ideas, rationale and justifications presented by people like him. It is a fictional representation of real life, of what's around you. And this fictional character died in spite of his foolishness and idiocy. That's what I wrote. I don't regret writing it either, as killing off an idiot for being an idiot was extremely satisfying. No other platform has allowed me such artistic expression, nor did I anticipate this type of response. However, I'd kill him again.

To anyone how was offended by this, I sincerely apologize. My intent was to ridicule the perpetrators of such behavior and not offend its victims. Any form of artistic expression leaves a lot to interpretation and is entirely subjective. But extrapolating any intent from a short limerick and crying in outrage is not the way to go about any of the struggles these victims face. Laugh at Firedorn's misfortune, his idiocy, his stupidity and narrow mindedness instead.
Anyone accusing Firedorn of "transmisogyny": please review the definition of the word before sounding like an idiot. I know it's new to the lexicon, but nowhere was it even implied that he did anything to harm anyone, much less a trans woman.

A little hobbit over in a bent corner once said: "People should be free to create and share art they enjoy without censorship from the self-appointed art police". While I understand that not everyone will enjoy all forms of artistic expression, asking for censorship is inherently wrong in today's world. While the character's choices were questionable, they are a reality both in the factual world and in fiction. Life imitates art and art imitates life. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll stop being angry at the world every time you see or hear something you don’t like, and move on to more productive things.

Screw you
Don't give a poo poo
Everyone should have the freedom to express themselves however they want, be it written, visual or audio. That goes for both artists and their critics. If someone puts up something controversial, then they should expect that some people won’t like it. The right to express your opinion is the same as a person’s right to express themselves artistically. Asking for censorship, however, goes against all that...especially when you don't know a god damned thing about the context of the art piece.

But what do I know? I'm just a chump on the internet.

-- Firedorn

Stux fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 4, 2015

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Stux posted:

I'm actually both, please update your pplwhoareangry and pplwhocantread text files.

"justifiably

Stux posted:

that post up there that he wrote in response to having to change it is only missing a fedora tip to be perfect.

yeah that dude wins out on the normality contest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not reading these huge-rear end posts

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Endorph posted:

im not reading these huge-rear end posts

stux triggered me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

"justifiably

yeah that dude wins out on the normality contest.

yeah she does sorry you don't like people being nice to each other ps. ur being weird now, maybe take it to the hell thread in GBS it seems to be where you belong imo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also that post u originally replied to is still right, obsidian said it hadn't been vetted correctly and so they vetted it after the fact and then it got changed (ps if the guy hadn't agreed to change it, it wouldn't have been kept in) and a bunch of MRAs got angry

for reference u are in the group categorised as MRAs in this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody cares about that dumb poo poo stux

• Locked thread