Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Talk about video games, don't talk about loving animes. Watch your taint. Whatever you do, don't play a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

A Spider Covets posted:

i would like to go on the record to say, that games are good.

a surprisingly bold position to take here in the games forum

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Imagine if people in the tv forum hated tv or people in the movie forum hated movies or people in gbs hated being drooling retards. It's hard to imagine and yet that's life every day in the games forum

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Let's talk about the DK rap to celebrate DK64 coming to virtual console.

DK! DONKEY KONG!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Well maybe TVs and Movies but there isn't a GBSer who doesn't love being a retard

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

that's anigay

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I was surprised to find that the IK of imp zone can actually probate you. I guess it helps them to maintain their little byobgames circlejerk?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Nintendo isn't anime

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

You can tell the difference because Nintendo is good

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Uh all their major games have been anime and they sell little PVC statues that are for the majority princesses and elves.

Consider the following:

Anime is bad
Nintendo is good

Therefore, Nintendo is not and can not be anime.

QED

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

You're never too old for Mario Kart. I wish I was friends with Matt.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

put your hands together
if you wanna clap
as we take you through
THIS MONKEY RAP

D.K.
DONKEY
KONG

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

There should be a trigger warning attached to that loving song, every time I hear it I have flashbacks

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Fear the (taint) Reaper might be the next thread title, if he keeps reaping at the current rate

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I bought new Dark Souls 2 even though I'm a baby who ragequit Demon's Souls and traded it in after 45 minutes, gave up on Dark Souls after beating the tooth dragon, and stopped playing Bloodborne before reaching the first boss. Game = life

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The Man with the Golden Taint

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

My business is almost entirely federal government contracts, so it is actually literally your money I've spent on 4 From software games now

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Now I'm going to donate $1000 to that person who doesn't want gay people eating her pizzas just to spite you, the American taxpayer

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's pretty good. Axiom Verge is not that great though.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Goodbye princess peach, apparently I really butthurt someone today and they bought this

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

You can't really compare DMVs across counties much less states, but from my experience your best bet is to go the DMV in the nicest part of town you can.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're running on an extremely conservative 18th century banking system, this is not a joke or an exaggeration. This is the reality of how the place functions.

If only they had an extremely mature banking system like ours, in which powerful people can make billions of dollars by conspiring to destroy the entire world economy and face literally no punishment for it.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only person who cares about Adam Bowen posting Rick Astley links is Adam Bowen, so I'm guessing Adam Bowen bought the title for Adam Bowen. It's a Roger a Muirebe situation.

Why would I get rid of my excellent and distinct avatar?

Excels posted:

i don't know where he posted prior to his arrival in the gamers.txt thread, but he provoked people into arguing about social justice and feminism instead of "funny poo poo gamers say" and derailed every consecutive thread until the mods just deep-six'd it. although to be fair, he was laying really dumb, easy bait and getting a ton of bites. if people had just ignored him, things might have been different

:lol:

that's not what happened. The gamers.txt thread had devolved into nothing but passive-aggressive tumbltards posting completely reasonable things that white men said and getting angry about it. I was the hero gamers.txt deserved.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

The limited collector's mentality of amiibos has existed in Japan for decades, they just tried to apply it to other countries where this poo poo really doesn't happen anymore. I'm glad that I thoroughly do not give a poo poo about them.

You are as mad about Amiibos as people in Israel and Palestine are about their dead relatives. What does it look like when you actually give a poo poo about something?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Dude you posted that giant rant that game dev's bitter ex posted on the forums after the mods deleted the thread and insisted everyone take notice and discuss this very serious issue of abuse and corruption. You're the worst.

I posted it before the thread was deleted because it was funny. I hadn't even actually read it, it was just a gigantic effort post about a crazy dude and his crazy girlfriend that was funny as poo poo.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Contest Winner posted:

I've been clicking all of Bowen's posts and I haven't gotten a rick roll, please help.

I think this might help

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

so how about those video games? Pretty good right?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I enjoy video games unironically

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Being mario and jumping on things and collecting powerups is actually really fun to me

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Please stop, anime is really bad and should stay away from games like Mario which are really good

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

but Mario is anime

I won't be

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Can Donkey Kong ground pound a banana so big that even he can not eat it?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

precision posted:

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what to buy with the $6 in my Steam wallet.

Hexcells and Hexcells plus, then save up $5 for Infinite

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Escape Goat

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

a giant "triggered" image with compression artifacts a propos of nothing, something which would probably be downvoted even on imgur

Sorry about your taint

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I'm not the PC police or anything but I don't like when people use slurs. :shrug: I think it should be bannable like it used to be.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Excels posted:

It bothers me when people diss FFIX even though I know how stupid that is. Sometimes your brain just makes you care too much about dumb poo poo. Something about video games stimulates this exact feeling, leading to "gamer culture"

It's because deep down you know FFIX is actually bad and you only like it because of circumstances that existed around when you first played it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I replayed it earlier this year and it's excellent, sorry.

Then it's possible you suffered a very traumatic brain injury because enjoying a PS1 era JRPG (even a good one) is literally impossible without brain damage.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

what's the adam bowen term for taint reaped again?

"Watch out, you just read another really good Adam Bowen post!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Actually though, I've only finished 2 FF games of the post-SNES era, and those are 7 and 9. I got 7 in 1998 and never even finished it until like 2002 either, whereas I finished 9 right after it came out. So maybe I don't hate 9.

• Locked thread