Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I like a Bloodborne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's going down, we're yellin "friend of the family"
You better post, you better game
Let's start a fight, with folks on twitter
We'll be the sons, who disappoint

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Throne of Bhalz posted:

I accidentally killed the hooker while slicing her infant in half, but oh well. She probably preferred it that way.

she dies on the spot even if you careful angle to shoot the baby without hitting her... grief? hosed up magic? who can say...

Adam Bowen posted:

Goodbye princess peach, apparently I really butthurt someone today and they bought this

not that i feel bad for you but i've never understood why people who spend money on custom titles are so bad at it

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the first monday morning of the month is probably one of the worst possible times to go to the dmv

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
You really can't determine it by "nicest" or "most remote", the reality is that the service areas of the DMV like all government offices are hosed up and retarded most places and make no sense because they were placed somewhat arbitrarily decades ago, and the wait time at your DMV will mostly depend on how many customers they serve and how competent the people who work there are

There's definitely a good DMV and a bad DMV about the same driving distance from me tho basically all you can do is ask people you know who've been to multiple places what the good one is and avoid going on bad days (at the very least Monday, when everybody who needed or remembered service on the weekend goes, and Friday, when people who work all week or think "oh gently caress I need to do this before the weekend" goes)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Hmm. Definitely my poo poo.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone is thinking of posting that freaking Atlas Shrugged thing... don't. I'll hammer ya

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the ending of the jinx is pretty messed up

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Redchaostry posted:

Beat Bloodborne last weekend, now I need to get the true ending. Is a blood build viable?

Yeah, 25-50 Bloodtinge builds are viable. The only trick weapon which actually scales on its melee attacks with Bloodtinge is the katana in its trick form so you'll want to do some Str or Ski too so you're not just a worthless dick until you get that and the good guns. Basically you have a choice between taking Strength to at least 30 and being able to use the cannon, or taking Skill to 25+ to make you better with the non-trick form of the katana and the melee part of the rifle spear and gunrapier (both of which have Bloodtinge scaling on their gunshot attacks and Skill on everything else).

The guns you're interested in are the pistol line (Pistol, Repeater, and Evelyn) which do non-poo poo damage when upgraded if you have Bloodtinge unlike the shotgun style weapons; the Pistol is fine early, the Repeater is better but takes 2 bullets per shot, and once you have high Bloodtinge the Evelyn will be the best damage/bullet ratio in the game. If you do 30 Str you also want to upgrade the cannon, which costs 10 bullets per shot, but does a loving ridiculous amount of damage if you use a Bone Marrow Ash before you shoot stuff and even more if you have high Bloodtinge.

Best of luck game cowboy

Baku fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 8, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I opened the ZElda thread once

yeesh

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
tbf I maintain my stance that it's pretty funny when a person is like "you shouldn't say friend of the family" and probates someone for saying friend of the family, because usually the friend of the family guys get mad too, or go on (or want to go on) big rants about sensitivity and how it's Indicative of Culture and all this other funny stuff

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if your goal is to wind retards up reporting people for tenuous violations of civility is as good of a way to do it and requires no greater levels of effort or care than complaining about how the forums are overrun by humorless transsexuals or whatever

better, sometimes; as far as I know the latter have never made offsite conservative discussion forums for the sole purpose of e-stalking goons

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ffix isn't on steam (I looked when you posted that, which is how much I personally care) and now I'm confused and mad at you because it means either 1) you were trolling, and trying to wind me up, and it worked or 2) you got ffix confused with mmorpg final fantasy 11

it's really hard to replay on a playstation

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Problem Sleuth posted:

I have never played a final fantasy game, how should I rectify this

Uhhh play Final Fantasy 4-7 immediately if you like japanese rpgs and don't play them if you don't!!!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Adam Bowen posted:

There's going to be a new Deus Ex game and I'm afraid it's going to end up sucking. I suspect they decided to "streamline" even more than they already did with HR but hopefully they manage not to gently caress up the process too much

HR was a good game in spite of its problems honestly

precision posted:

What I unironically love is how Square just keeps getting more and more batshit with obtuse things nobody would ever figure out on their own (Zodiac Spear is the obvious undisputed king but there's poo poo that's just as bad in the Fabulous Nova Crystal Meth Saga games)

My favorite thing about the Zodiac Spear is that you could also get it as a 1/1000 drop from a respawning chest (1/10 chance of the chest being there on every zone reset, 1/100 chance of it containing a Zodiac Spear or something like that) and people actually got it or got multiples that way

The rare drops in that game, like Dragon Quest 9, actually led people to crack open the RNG algorithm to exploit those chests by casting Cure X number of times until they got the right seed to guarantee a 1/250 chest drop or whatever, which is pretty funny and good

Baku fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 8, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Record Keeper is my current smartphone timewaster thing and it seems like a solid skeleton they could hang a good game on like, a year and a half from now when there's more substantive content and more characters and more ways to get/do stuff

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Accordion Man posted:

I didn't know Breath of Fire was stealing Mega Ten's thunder.

BoF may well be the JRPG series which most consistently used the "killing God" trope

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ryden posted:

It's pronounced "lovely game for retarded children" hth

im gonna gut you

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

if i download FF Record Keeper, is it the kind of thing you can play like 30minutes to an hour a day or does it suck you in and make you want to play it all the time?

the stamina system regens really quickly and after you blow out the first few areas you'll use it really quickly, so it's more like playing for 10 minutes five times a day than playing 30-60 minutes a day

Fungah! posted:

please don't play grindhouse phone games

as long as you aren't like the people in the PAD thread who've spent $750 on gacha poo poo who caresss

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I missed this in NES game chat but Dragon Quest 1 is pretty hard to play now and Dragon Quest 2 is a shitshow in terms of balance and design, the series really hit its stride in 3 and 4 which are the best RPGs on the NES

DQ2 also kinda suffered here because it took so long to localize that Final Fantasy beat it to market in NA, and all the ways that DQ2 evolved the JRPG from DQ (vehicles, multiple party members with unique stats) were also done better in Final Fantasy

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

as a father the part that disturbed me the most was that there were instructions for how to hack into teenage girls' facebooks to mine for images

yeah, gently caress those guys

look, other peoples' information wants to be free

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Big dogs and small dogs are both good, imo

Don't be a size queen

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just leave them completely alone together with all entrances and exits from your home open; my experience with animals is that they're extremely good at working these things out among themselves

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

hubris.height posted:

surprise anime :

star ocean v was announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHiLSBqytX4

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

"The film is getting very positive reactions from major retail and licensing partners, as well as from consumer focus groups"

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Ask me about being muscle shamed at Funcoland.

Tell me about being muscle shamed at Funcoland, The Taint Reaper.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I think I walked in on a highly illegal amiibo dealing crime ring and the fat people did not want me being there, my floating from Nintendo to Sony bothered them for fear that I would swoop in and buy up whatever store exclusive amiibos were coming out of yonder backroom. For I looked like a COD Bro but did not purchase any call of duty and I was eyeing games that they themselves would have played. This caused them to approach me with a massive chip on their shoulder.

But the Street Fighter HD and Final Fight Collection was only 15 dollars.

Hm, good get. I went to Gamestop to preorder a Ness Amiibo uhh last week I guess and the guys in line were all talking about Chris-chan and the exact drop rates of items in Earthbound and I felt extremely othered and triggered in that moment.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I worked at a Gamestop in highschool, it was incredibly boring because the store didn't get much business so I'd just spend a bunch of time organizing shelves and trying to look busy, and about half the customers were way grosser and more annoying than anybody who worked there, except me, of course, because I'm disgusting

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
There's something a little too on-the-nose about a media-obsessed fat guy who subsists on pizza rolls and keeps women locked in his basement reviewing videogames imo

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

the only hard Square RPGs are in the SaGa series

I'd never thought of it before but now I wonder if Square thinks Americans hate those games because they're hard and not because they rapidly degenerated into comically awful nonsense

Actually, do Japanese people even like those games either, or did/do they just coast on the inertia of the director being an old Square employee

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
afaik they've said that they're going to make it with or without kojima; who knows how much he had to do with PT being good

do you know something i don't? did they just announce something?

starting new page off right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2GRpwwS8M

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

smh at people who smoke cigarettes though, i quit smoking cigs when the price literally doubled back in 2006(?)

cigarettes are gross, a combination of where i live and the kind of people i'm friends with (musicians, barflies, etc) means like the majority of people i know smoke and i'm like "man you would save so much money and feel so much better if you quit"

they're stupid as hell for not quitting jeez it's like they're freaking addicted or something!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
MK9 took a lot of people by surprise with how good it was and is basically the thing everybody wanted them to make (tossing out 10+ years of garbage MK bullshit and getting back to the basics)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
idk what's so uniquely damning about that e3 lineup, fable and halo are tentpoles for people who aren't you even when the games suck (i.e. MS fanboys), i'm unsure why you're lolling about dragon age inquisition which was a massive hit other than it being multiplatform i guess (which is true of the majority of things MS and sony could possibly show now), etc

like it isn't great or exciting but e3 lineups rarely are anymore

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Final Fantasy 13's story and characters and world were actually so terrible as to be actively detrimental to the experience of playing those games too; a lot of good games (including good RPGs and FF games) have kind of bad stories or uninteresting environments or whatever and it doesn't really matter because they're fun or cool but FF13's mechanics have a steep, steep mountain of poo poo to compensate for

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

A Spider Covets posted:

a dumb polar bear bitch moved into my garden last time i played

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I've played WoW off and on since it came out basically but if you could still sell accounts other than ones with old poo poo that's no longer obtainable or like a dozen guys with current best-in-slot gear for $500+ I'd probably sell my account in a heartbeat and never worry about it again

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

lol what's the story here

idk but this banner cheers me up every time i see it and it happened to be up when i read that post so i hope you feel better now!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
also it's a real phenomenon that dogs and cats with black fur are less likely to be adopted because people are racist/superstitious/stupid and think they are either physically or magically more dangerous than fair-haired animals lol

the previous 419 black dogs were put down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lurdiak posted:

You can, it's just Hollywood that can't. That creepy hero worship of the soldiers always seeps into the final product for some reason.

There are a few reasons but they all basically boil down to "most of the people making Hollywood films were raised and educated in the US".

• Locked thread