Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
czarmonger
Aug 16, 2008

ask me about my brothel
Our company's dupe tower literally just lit on fire after three dedicated years of service. We work in TV so this thing has been consistently pumping out hundreds of DVDs every week since we bought it, and it only ever lit on fire once before.

Anywho, it is my job to find the replacement. There are a handful of dupe towers with a good amount of positive reviews on various sites, but my boss wants me to be extremely thorough and research the individual components that each dupe tower is made of. Since all a dupe tower is is a power supply, a controller, and a bunch of DVD drives, I began to wonder if it would be better just to buy the components and build our own. But, since I only have a cursory knowledge of computer hardware and the prebuilt market, I figured I would ask more knowledgable folks. So, hello!

The research I have done thus far tells me that we wouldn't be saving much money building our own tower, but most of the prebuilt towers I've found seem to use drives that have received mixed reviews, some reviews say the drives have a chance of failing after only a few uses. The tower that my boss bought three years ago was about $500, and we're trying to find a replacement in this price range.

Is there a well-trusted, highly reliable Dupe Tower provider that anybody who knows what is what would recommend? Or would the best possible tower come from buying reliable DVD drives ourselves and building our own dupe tower?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread