Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

SPEAKING OF ME

TIME TO APP A QUEEN SLYTHERIN

YES IT'S STEREOTYPICAL SHUT UP OR MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS

Julius Sinactio

Ah! Good to see you. Welcome to the Private Dueling Society. Who referred you? Regina, yes? Excellent. It's good to have you. Here at the Society we're always looking for talented people.

It's good to see wizards finally moving beyond that "pureblood" "mudblood" nonsense. It was ridiculous to start with. Everyone knows what really matters for a wizard is how good you are at being a wizard. What does it matter who your grandfather is? That is the reason for the founding of this society- to provide further resources for those with talent and the desire to use it to develop outside the confines of the classroom. I built it up over the last few years after discovering how slowly certain aspects of our education were moving.

Obviously I had to get teacher backing, but Professor Shewsbury was happy to help. They had to place someone in the DADA position after that ongoing fiasco and she was the first one st-enthusiastic enough to sign up. She always wanted to repair all the damage done from years of inconsistent, shoddy DADA teaching and she was extremely happy to help get us going. She'd been chafing a bit under the slow curriculum she was having to work with to catch people up. Sometimes she still drops in for a duel lesson or two- watch out for her rebound spells, they're doozies.

But I digress. Welcome, welcome to the club! I'll be sure to introduce you to Thomas, and Alora. They practically run the place, you know- I just sit here and work on being the best! And if you have any friends who might be interested- do invite them by. I do so love meeting talented people. So many of the would-be wizards in this school are just in it to get their barely-passing degree so they can go work as clerks or what have you for the rest of their lives... Here, we strive for something a little greater. You don't join the PDS unless you want to be the real top of the heap. We're not going to leave this place unmarked, oh no.

You're in with the best people now, my friend. Let's work on making this school year a great one for us. Just sign right here on this oath...

A name invoking leadership, stunning, captivating eyes

Hot 2 Cold 1 Vol -1 Dark -1

 The Clique
You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful
clique around. They count as a gang. Choose one of the
following strengths for your gang:
-They're talented (Defense Against the Dark Arts)

 And Your Enemies Closer
When someone betrays you, gain a String on them.

Secret: Everyone knows the Great Hall reflects the sky outside. What they don't know is that it doesn't have to. Up on the floor above there is in fact a podium that can be used to.. adjust the ceiling. Of course, it's behind a locked door or two, but that's just a little effort.

Regina

Julius Notes: Ravenclaw, but only barely- would be Slytherin if she didn't like reading so much. Tends toward physical aggression if crossed- getting hit with Historie of Magick hurts. Fell for me hard- usable.

Thomas

Julius Notes: Hufflepuff, because you can't switch houses (a flaw in the system, in my opinion.) Embodies the "Hard Work" bit of their creed and increasingly angry that it wasn't resulting in any recognition. Made him easy to pick up.

Alora

Julius Notes: Slytherin. 100% obviously out to usurp me. Ironically, this makes her the easiest of all to handle, since it means I always know what she's trying.

Title Proposal: Harry Potter and the Nocturnal Emission

K Prime fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

GodFish posted:

Julius Sinactio - The Queen
Moving past labels like Pureblood and Mudblood is good, very admirable and all, but, well... You are a pureblood, aren't you? And the members of your ga-club, what about them? Well, I believe you when you say you want to move past those labels, but some people are so untrusting aren't they. Who was the last person to accuse you of less than pure motives, and what happened with that?

Well, yes, I am, personally speaking. None of us can control who we're born to. That's the message I'm hoping to spread! There are a lot of pure-bloods in the club as well, but that's mostly because it started as my minions friends and like many pureblood families, mine kept me on a short leash as a child! Nowadays, we're much more equalized. Hell, Thomas doesn't have any magical ancestry as far as anyone can tell and he's one of my most reliable friends!

That being said, speaking of Thomas, he has a much more... Hufflepuffy friend named Norton. Very Hufflepuff kinda name, isn't it? Anyway, Norton has been raising Cain about my "ill intentions" and "nasty cultism" for months. Thomas has been ignoring him, but you know how that sort of person gets- all froth and tizzy. He's just looking out for a friend in the end, so I just had a couple of people take him through a day with us, show him what we get up to and how completely harmless it is! Introduced him to all the right folks, dazzled him a bit- no big deal. A little bit of friendliness potion in the drinks helped. Just helped, mind. No point in growing too reliant.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

GodFish posted:

Julius Sinactio - The Queen
As the head of the most talented club in the school, you've naturally attracted a lot of envy. As well all know, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies, but aside from lies, what has been the biggest outside threat to your position at the top? And speaking of threats, you mentioned Alora trying to usurp your spot, what was her latest attempt at that, and how did you shut it down?

Well really, as always for student freedom the biggest threat is the blasted teachers. Prof Shrewsbury is on board, of course, but a lot of the other ones are constantly blathering on about "risky business" and "teaching the wrong things." So far their attempts at getting the headmaster to shut us down have gone unanswered, but I suspect most of them won't stop trying until us "kids" are back firmly under the thumb of their arbitrary points and dull lessons. Particularly the Gryffindor alums- I've heard the occasional whisper of "look at what happened last time we let a Slytherin gather a following."

On the other hand, Alora is more of a casual joke at best, but she did pull a pretty good one last time- Stunned herself in the hallway just ahead of a group of new recruits and blamed it on me! Classic gambit, and it worked too. Got her a solid voting block for the next meeting, started spreading nasty rumors. Could have been really bad, if I hadn't been warned by one of the new recruits with ambitions to move up above her. Fatal mistake that- trusting that your followers won't just betray you in turn. Anyway, I had the lad explain what had happened, everyone had a good laugh at her "little prank" and we all moved on, but now she knows I've always got my eye on her, and that's nothing but a good time.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

You find someone threatening. Give them a String on you,
and take two Strings on them.

Something's not right about that Fergie- and not just because she refused to visit the club! There is definitely something wrong with her, above and beyond what is wrong with Gryffindors in general (kidding, Robbie.) I don't like unknowns. I don't like not knowing. I aim to figure this out.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Fergie is gonna have to keep her Cool around me or we're going to have words.

(I'm skimping out and dropping Thomas and Alora on my flanks because what kind of queen would I be without minions at my immediate call)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

GodFish posted:

Julius, what will drive your gang into blind action?
They're a prideful bunch. Which is part of the point, of course, but it means that they're really easy to rile by insulting their skills. Someone showing them up or taunting them might just be enough to start a fight.

quote:

What demand does your gang regularly put on you?
Every so often, someone steps up like they mean to fight me. So far, I've... avoided direct dueling. It would be unseemly and make me seem common. I usually shut them down some other way.

• Locked thread