Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Posting interest! Gonna be an Anansiiiii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

When you think about it - I mean, really think about it - the wizarding world is a mess. There's about, what, two million wizards and witches in the entire world? You don't need to be good at math to figure the problem there. Then there's the fact that magic users tend to be poo poo at anything that isn't to do with magic. They don't bother to understand anything and they make up rules just because it's how they've always done stuff. Like familiars. Nobody past third year gives a poo poo about their familiar. Pet mortality rates at Hogwarts are ridiculous. And have you tried to explain football to them, or cars?

And then there's the Sorting Hat.

Hufflepuff. The house of the extras. We're famous because our best student died. People describe our house with the stuff you use when you're trying to be nice, like "hard-working" and "punctual" and poo poo like that. We have a badger as a mascot. And here's me, with all my hopes and ambitions, just wanting to make my muggle parents proud (they're not really my parents but I don't wanna talk about that), and I'm in Hufflepuff.

You know what? That's just fine. Nobody pays attention to us. We haven't won the House Cup in loving forever.That''s how I like it. Because I've got plans. I'm gonna be hard-working, all right. But not for a loving badger logo, not for a lovely cup, and not for the sake of wizards.

Here's a wizard fact. The Acromantula population has halved in the past ten years. Apparently people enjoy pulling organs out of thinking beings to put in potions.

Makes you think. Well, makes me think, anyway. I think the other students want me to shut the gently caress up about it. It's not as if I've eaten any of them yet!

quote:

Name: Troy Buckworth
House: Hufflepuff
Familiar: Barn Owl
Look: Thoughtful, Gleaming eyes
Skin: The Anansi
Origin: Adopted
True Form: Spider limbs, fangs

Stats:
Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile -1, Dark 1

Moves
Hidden Agenda
You have a Hidden Agenda; sometime during the first session, choose one:
- to see __________destroyed;
- to win __________'s love;
- to gain possession of _________;
- to learn the secret of __________.

When your Hidden Agenda is achieved, mark experience and choose a new one. When your Hidden Agenda is no longer hidden from the other PCs or can no longer be achieved, become your Darkest Self. Whenever you escape your Darkest Self, you may replace your old Hidden Agenda with a new one.

Death Can't Climb
You can scurry up walls and over ceilings. When you run away upwards, add 2 to your roll.

Shame on Me
When you betray the hopes and expectations of others, you gain a String on the person you most disappointed and they mark experience (if they're an NPC, they act at an Advantage).

Sex Move: When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition entangled with you. You decide if this means physically, socially, emotionally, as part of your schemes, or any combination of those. This counts as entangled, for purposes of other moves.

Darkest Self
Your spider nature asserts itself and you assume your true form. All the games are over now...you will seek your (possibly not-so) Hidden Agenda to the exclusion of all other pursuits, even if it is beyond your reach, and everyone who gets in your way will find themselves entombed in silken sarcophagi. To escape your Darkest Self someone must stand in your way and make you laugh, or make you think.

Background
One or more others have been in your web before. Take two Strings on someone, or one String on two someones.

Your bizarre antics are well known. Everyone gains a String on you.

Secret of Hogwarts
They built a new wing for Potions classes - guess the teachers finally figured out that having lots of noxious chemicals in a poorly-ventilated dungeon was a bad idea - and locked up the old ones. But one or two of the secret passages still go there, and they left some stuff lying around. Some dark stuff, some regular off-limits-to-students stuff, and some just plain weird stuff. Whenever a student manages to procure some ingredients they shouldn't have, we say they've been on the Snape Memorial Trail.

Teacher
Professor Felicity is our new Care of Magical Creatures teacher, after the old one retired. She knows her poo poo. She's from Siberia or something and she's built like a troll. poo poo does NOT mess with her. I've asked her some stuff about acromantulas and stuff, but she won't tell me much. Apparently she's in charge of the thestrals that pull the carriages around Hogwarts. I don't envy that job.

Title: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stoner

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 4, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

GodFish posted:

Troy Buckworth - The Anansi
You've got plans you said. Well, you've been here for a few years now, you must have put a few of them into action by now. Tell me about one of your plans that worked, and one that.... well, to say went badly would be an understatement, wouldn't it?

Oh god. Uh, let's go with the good one first.

Most of my plans aren't really long-term - at least, not at the moment. They kinda get devised on the fly. Like the time about a month ago, when I was in potions and overheard Lucy Gonn talking poo poo about me. What was it? "Nice rear end, pity about his face," I think it was, or maybe "Hot for a Hufflepuff mudblood" as well. Jumped-up little Slitheryn bitch. So I figured I'd get back at her. One of her hangers-on, Emily Woodshearth, had fallen out of the clique and wanted to get back at her so-called friend. Turned on the charms a bit, acted sympathetic, and I learnt that she was getting all her best marks from looting other student's stuff. Well, the teachers were most grateful when I came up to them and said who was behind all the thefts recently. I'm sure Lucy will have time to appreciate my appearance in detention with a 50 point loss for her house. And Emily is very, very grateful. Heh heh.

But that was one that went well. The one that went terribly, uh... Well, there's been rumors of an Acromantula population in the Forbidden Forest. That's why I haven't walked out of here, mostly. I went looking for them in Second Year. Maybe they could tell me who my real parents where? Long shot, but it'd be nice to be amongst my own kind for a bit. So got up in the middle of the night, spent about three hours walking around not finding a single web, and then the moment I head back to the castle I am buried under a mountain of prefects because some asshat snitched on me. I was in the shitlist for a while, especially when they found out what I was trying to do. I mean, they don't know what I am, but I think one or two of the teachers might be suspicious... Anyway, detention for a week polishing Quidditch gear, and some ghost - don't remember their name - watched me for that whole week making sure I didn't try it again. I loving hate Quidditch, so much.

At least I know to put more thought into my plans before I act on them. Make sure to bribe people, get on their good side, so they don't... betray me.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

GodFish posted:

Second Questions
Troy Buckworth - The Anansi
So you're like... half Acromantula or something? Any idea how that works? Anyway, you mentioned earlier some fact about Acromantula mortality, but I'll be honest. Doesn't seem like a very big deal. I mean, what good did they ever do anyone? Just big ugly murder-spiders. What good have you ever done someone? And I don't mean getting someone else in trouble to cover for them, but like, unambiguously good.

Wow, loving rude! Hey, the orangutan's endangered too, and that's a useless pile of poo poo that doesn't even talk, but we're all for saving that because of its big sad eyes and because some fantasy author wrote about them! Acromantulas are thinking, living beings, provably more so than those apes, and we're only scared of them because they're creepy giant spiders. We've never asked them what they believe, or if they have their own magic, or if they just want to be left alone! Instead, we kill them and rip out their organs for potions! We don't even try! Wizards never try! We just ignore or kill anything we don't understand!

Uh... Sorry. I...

I don't know how it works. But yeah, I'm half Acromantula. I think? Like I said, I don't know my real parents. I mean, my foster parents are lovely, and they know about magic and they're all for me going to Hogwarts, but... they're not my real parents, and I wanna know who they are. I have that right, don't I? And... I just wanted to know. I hope it doesn't involve anything really gross, otherwise I will probably Obliviate myself. But I'd like to know why, for sure. Even if I'm just some weird experiential, I want to know. At least it'd explain where the extra legs come from when I'm mad, and why I can climb up walls. I mean, that poo poo is useful, but after a while you start to wonder what people taste like. That's not a happy impulse.

As for something good? Well... I risked getting expelled for someone. Uh, Corin Baudin - exchange student from Beaubatons, he's in Ravenclaw - he got himself lost on the third floor corridor. Completely out-of-bounds to students - if you listened to they're still got the hosed-up death maze from the rumors about the Stone or something and they haven't had time to clear it out properly. I saw him wandering around, just trying to look for his transfiguration class. I helped him out of there before the caretaker came along. Then I found out he sits behind me in Charms class, and, uh... yeah. The other students think I'm well in there. I, uh, have to think about that. He's, uh... Um, yeah.

• Locked thread