Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Fae witch sure seems like it could be fun...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

For as long as she can remember, Jessica Gail has been known as a hard worker. She's never felt particularly good at anything, and magic was no exception. Her younger sister and older sister were always so proud of how much she was working. They thought she was a great example for the rest of the school. So what if she only had a few friends. Or never kissed a guy. Or even been on a date. She was a hard worker, willing to put all that stuff off until later. And later and later and later...

Which meant that when Jessica Gail borrowed a sweatshirt from Donald, a friend of hers, and started changing into him when she put it on, her thoughts weren't ones of shock or of fear. Instead, as soon as she figured out what happened, she loved it.

She loved being someone else. Especially a slacker like Donald. No sisters expecting her to keep her nose to the grindstone, no jackass guys leering after her, no bullies looking for an nerd to pick on. She could, for the first time while she was at Hogwarts, just relax and take things as they came.

So, it's no surprise that she happened to "lose" Donald's sweatshirt. He was a little peeved, but when she got him a new one, he dropped it.

Now, the only question on her mind is, "Who am I going to be next?"

quote:

Jessica Gail, the Cuckoo

Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
Look: eclectic; innocent eyes
Source: left in a basket
House: Hufflepuff

Cuckoo Moves
Feathers
Your magic lets you pass as the person whose clothes you're wearing. When you're seen wearing someone else's clothes, but aren't yet passing, roll with hot.
On a 10 up, you're passing as them - you'd fool their mother and their favorite hookup. Mark the outfit you're wearing below.
On a 7-9, same as above, but choose one:
The magic will dissipate if you kiss or get kissed.
The magic will dissipate if you lash out at anyone.
While you're passing as someone, give social Conditions you receive to them instead. This won't let you avoid physical Conditions, though.

Shredding the Looking Glass
When someone suspects you're not who you appear to be, read them this:
"If the enchantment were to be broken, the edges would be very sharp. You momentarily notice a gap in my magic.
Choose one:
Tear my magic away - my identity is revealed and the clothes are in tatters, but you get scratched up in the process and take 1 harm.
Shake your head to clear it - it was nothing."

That Good
While you're passing as someone, if anyone would gain a String on you, they instead gain it on the person you're passing as.

Sex Move
Once you've had sex with someone, add 1 to your rolls for passing as them.

Darkest Self
Somebody is a hack at playing themselves in their own life. It grates on you. It's time for you, the understudy, to take that place in the spotlight; you portray them so much better than they do. It's time to take them out of the picture, using whatever means necessary. Replace them. You escape your Darkest Self when something they do surprises you, or someone shows a genuine care for them, or you succeed.

One secret they have discovered during their time at Hogwarts:
So, everyone knows that the characters in the paintings can move between frames, right? Well, an artistic witch has started to sell very, very small portraits. Takes about ten minutes, and when you're done, you can just plop it on the wall if you're sneaking out at night. Then it can go run ahead for you and make sure no one's paroling ahead of you.

Of course, you need to treat your portrait right, or else it'll go making trouble for you.

Information on one teacher or student, including what everyone "knows" about them:
Cynthia Gail, Jessica's younger sister by a year, is a the oddest Ravenclaw in the school. For one, she hates reading. Instead, she just never forgets anything she hears about in class. Which seems completely unfair to Jessica (and most of her classmates). Since she has so much free time, Cynthia uses it to be a shameless flirt. All that aside, Cynthia and Jessica still get along well enough. They're sisters, after all.

...Jessica really wants to get some of her younger sister's clothing, though.

Suggestion for a game thread title:
I got 99 problems, but a Snitch ain't one.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 4, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

quote:

Question 1: Jessica Gail - The Cuckoo
The freedom from being someone else is nice, but don't you still have to worry about keeping your grades up for your real self? But lets talk about more interesting things. Have you tried turning into anyone besides Donald? How often do you slip into a skin other than yours, and what have you done as someone else that you regret?

Oh, well, I still have to do a lot of work to keep up. But, there's nothing keeping me from working while I'm someone else, right? Just being someone else is so relaxing, though. And, lucky for me, it turns out that the house elf that collects and distributes the Hufflepuff laundry is starting to lose her eyesight. So, I've ended up with some other people's clothes without having to do any work! And, well, it's not like I'm hurting anyone, just taking some time to unwind as someone else. It's so much fun that I usually do it every other day, at least.

I... guess that's probably why my grades have slipped a little, but it's not so bad. I can always catch up.

Although... my grades might be worse if I hadn't stolen one of the potion professor's coats. I was just so far behind, and I was desperate. But, I was able to go into his private things and check what potions we needed for the next test. I may not be the best at potions, but even I can memorize a few ingredient lists. I did so well that he even said something during our next class about my stellar work. I got a few jealous looks from the other houses, especially the Ravenclaws, but the Hufflepuffs were beaming. They treated me to some drinks the next time we went to Hogsmeade. I felt so awful that I threw the coat out right after I got back.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

GodFish posted:

Jessica Gail - The Cuckoo
Has anyone ever caught, or almost caught you disguised as someone else? If you could be anyone in the school (well, you can, so... this isn't that rhetorical), for any amount of time, who would you want to be, and why? What's stopped you from being them so far, and do you have a plan to get around that?

Oh, well, no one thinks I'm a shapeshifter or anything. But, uh, Jenny, one of my friends in Slytherin (Don't look at me like that; she's very nice. She just wants to be the first female Minster of Magic is all.), thinks I'm doing something else. One day, she noticed I wasn't in class, so she went to go look for me, worried that something was wrong. She's a good friend like that. And she found me just after I had changed back into myself. I'd been relaxing on the lawn as some especially small 5th year boy and lost track of time. So, I was half dressed, and um, there was a boy's clothing on the ground. So, she assumed the worst and immediately started pumping me for the lucky guy. I couldn't tell her what was actually going on, so I tried to play coy. I mean, it's not like she'd really force me to tell if I didn't want to, but she seemed a little disappointed. And she kinda stared for a while when she stumbled in on me. Maybe she... Nah, I've just been thinking about it too much. Anyone would have probably gawked. Nevermind.

Still, she's watching me like a hawk to try and figure out who I'm "seeing."

And as far as anyone I'd like to be? Well... one thing that'd be nice is to be someone where I'm not worrying about running into the real copy. It's the only bad thing about the whole shape-changing thing...

But you probably meant a specific person, huh? Well, I guess... ok, you have to promise not to laugh, ok? Ok... I kinda want to be the Headmaster. Look, it make sense. Everyone's just so intimidated by his presense, even though he's by all accounts a really good person. So, he gets to do pretty much whatever he wants, everyone's got to listen to him, and he can do his work on his own time. After all, he doesn't have a boss, right? Man, that would be the best...

Still. Fat chance I'm going to get my hands on his things, right? He almost never leaves his study except for meals and for the rare student he tutors.

• Locked thread