Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Letter from Hogwarts posted:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Dear :phoneline: ,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for your NEWT level studies. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Applications begin on 3 April. We await your owl by no later than 9 April.

Yours sincerely,

GodFish

Headmaster

Enclosed List posted:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

Sixth-year students will require:

1. One character sheet, filled out, chosen from the booklist
2. One backstory or introductory piece about themself
3. One secret they have discovered during their time at Hogwarts
4. Information on one teacher or student, including what everyone "knows" about them
5. One suggestion for a game thread title

Please note that all pupil's posts should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a Skin chosen from the following:

The Standard Book of Skins (Grade 6)
by Avery McDaldno

The Angel
by Avery McDaldno

The Hollow
by Avery McDaldno

The Selkie
by Jackson Tegu

The Serpentine
by Christopher Murray

A Guide to Advanced Skins (Second Skins, available to backers only at the moment)
by Jackson Tegu

SUPPLEMENTARY OPTIONS

The Anansi
by Renee Knipe

The Djinni
by GodFish

The Shadow
by Jeremy Kostiew

The Gorgon, Deep One, Banshee and Mad Scientist
by neonchameleon

Any other Skins should be run by a teacher before being used.

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
1 reference sheet of basic moves
Endless shameless teen melodrama, sex, confusion and terrible life decisions

Students may also bring, if they desire, a picture. This is not nessesary, but will help me have an image to associate your character with.

STUDENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FREQUENT POSTING IS THE KEY TO A SUCCESSFUL THREAD
AND THAT MC'S NOT DOING SO SHOULD BE KICKED REPEATEDLY UNTIL THEY RESUME

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft Teenage Angst and Wizardry Drama

In the Harry Potter books, Hogwarts is a school of magic, mystery, petty rivalries, bullying, discrimination and at least the sixth book stupid hormone driven decisions and pent up sexuality, making it the perfect setting for the game of Monsterhearts. If you aren't familiar with the game, essentially you pick a skin (class), and act out some shameless teen melodrama full of sex and confusion and terrible life decisions, plus you’re a monster so you might also need to eat people or something. It’s pretty easy to pick up if you’ve played Dungeon World or Apocalypse World, or even if you haven’t -- all you need is your skin and the reference sheet, though in this case you really should probably have read the Harry Potter books (or at least seen the movies). Actually you should read the books anyway, because they rock.

After picks are made we can work out specific details of how the setting (time wise) and how it differs from the book world, though I'm assuming a fresh cast of teachers to keep things from being tied down too tightly by existing canon. Houses can either be included with the character application, or worked out afterwards, depending on if you feel the house is an important aspect of your character idea.

You can theme your Skin to be existing Harry Potter stuff, such as a Werewolf being, well, a werewolf or an animagus, a Witch being a practitioner of dark or forgotten magic, the Cuckoo as a metamorphmagus, someone using the Imperius Curse as a Queen, and so on, and that's awesome, but if you want to be a mind controlling parasite or a classic vampire at Hogwarts, go right ahead. I'm looking for cool ideas, not rigid adherence to the books.

As for magic, it works here exactly the same as anything else does in Monsterhearts, to do it do it, and roll when it triggers a move. A love potion could be a Turn Someone On roll or a string offered as experience, you could Shut Someone Down with a Jellylegs Jinx or use a Reductor Curse to Lash Out Physically. Gaze into the Abyss with a Pensieve or magic mirror, why not? Hold Steady to cast a Patronus, or use it to cover your back as you Run Away.

I'm planning on taking just four PCs, a bit less than usual, but I want to try running with a smaller number of people, and the setting is a bit experimental. That said, applications to these games tend to be amazing, so I might end up going for more players than that anyway. I'll be providing two questions for everyone who applies before making the picks.

If you need to get a hold of me, you can contact me here, via Owl Post (PMs) or I’m also frequently accessible via Floo Powder (irc) in #swampthings on Synirc. Even when I'm not there lots of cool people hang out in that channel too and will probably love to help with any Monsterhearts related questions you have.

---

Disclaimer: Monsterhearts is a game that frequently involves tricky subject matter (teen sexuality, homophobia and other forms of shittiness, physical/emotional abuse), just kind of by definition. If any of you get freaked out during play, please talk to me about it. It’s important people feel safe here -- I care more about your emotional well-being than I do about this storygame topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Wahad posted:

So our very own Ningyou and KPrime made a Monsterhearts skin! It's called the Gentry and it's pretty great. Would it be okay to app one? It still needs playtesting, and this would be the inaugural game, but it's designed fairly sensibly.

Go right ahead! Only thing that might be problematic is that parents aren't really around at Hogwarts, but they only seem to need to be actively there for one move so it should work out.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Unless the group that gets in really wants to do otherwise, I'm picturing it being set current day, so awhile after any Wizard Hitler battles.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

TychoBrahesNose posted:

I've got to say that this "Harry Potter and the Cruel Intentions" game sounds strangely compelling to me.

As a Skin, I'm liking the Infernal in particular, but I have one question: can the "dark power that I owe a debt to" be a Hogwarts Professor? Someone who, say, helps me out with private tutoring every now and then, in exchange for…some unspecified future payment? Yes, that means bringing a creepy-as-gently caress adult into the mix (at least off-screen), but I am happy to steer clear of any "good god, why would you even want to roleplay that?!?" territory whenever necessary.

I don't think I've seen someone go that way in a game I've been in, but that would definitely work for a dark power, yeah! They wouldn't be able to directly do some of the bargains, but for what they can't provide from abusing teacher information power could be done with enchantments or illicit potions and that sort of thing.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Questions, Round 1
Georgina McPhail - The Ghoul
Everyone knows that Ravenclaw's consider knowledge more important than politeness, but everyone draws a line somewhere. What's the most dangerous or powerful thing you've learned since your accident, and what did you do to acquire it that alienated some of your old friends? Who still has your back, even with all the changes you've gone through?

Deirdre Monaghan - The Veelampire
How much of what you learned in Defense Against the Dark Arts about Vampires are you finding to be true, and how much isn't? This charming boy now, do you know who they are? Did you see him before, or have you seen him since, and if you do happen to say, run across him in a dark, deserted hallway late one night, what do you have in mind for him?

Julius Sinactio - The Queen
Moving past labels like Pureblood and Mudblood is good, very admirable and all, but, well... You are a pureblood, aren't you? And the members of your ga-club, what about them? Well, I believe you when you say you want to move past those labels, but some people are so untrusting aren't they. Who was the last person to accuse you of less than pure motives, and what happened with that?

Jessica Gail - The Cuckoo
The freedom from being someone else is nice, but don't you still have to worry about keeping your grades up for your real self? But lets talk about more interesting things. Have you tried turning into anyone besides Donald? How often do you slip into a skin other than yours, and what have you done as someone else that you regret?

Maxine Collingwood-Vocaine - The Hollow
Stuck in Slytherin, you have my sympathy. What house do you feel like you would belong in, if you could pick for yourself? Being stuck fresh this late into a class would be bad enough, but not having any memories to help you along must make it even worse. What's the first hard social lesson you learned since you arrived at school, and who tried to warn you?

Alicia Elston - The Wyrm
Outfits are one thing, but why help out the less talented students? And while you certainly have a knack for fashion design, some of your outfits, the Black Cat-alogue ones particularly, seem, well I wouldn't call them amusing, but someone people do. Who was the last person who mocked one of your designs to your face, and what did you do to them?

Catherine Crowther - The Witch
Magic is only ask dark as the one who casts it, right? These spells are just older, subtler. Who was the first person you tried this old magic on, and what did you do to them? Who was the latest person you used it on, and what did they do you earn your ire?

Alastrina Lunete Medrod - The Ghost
What should I call you, Meddie? Alastrina? Have you ever tried to leave the halls of this castle, and go out into the world? Can you pass as alive when you want, and in the years that have gone by, did you ever make friends with some of the students? What do you do to pass the time?

Robin Brickman - The Mortal
Why don't you get along with your fellow Gryffindors? And for all your complaining, isn't doing magic what everyone wants growing up? Even without wireless internet, what was the best moment you've had in the magical world?

Juniper - The Fae
Knowing the difference between Petrificus Totalus and Petridish Toetalons is important for wand magic though. What damage have you caused because of a mistake trying to bind your magic and force it out through a narrow strip of wood? On the other side, what went wrong when the humans failed to understand your magic?

Diana Clementia Selwyn - The Gentry
Did you ever hope to escape out from the constant scrutiny of your parents when you left for Hogwarts? Sorry, stupid question, someone as perfect as you wouldn't want that. But anyway, it would have been hopeless. How have they managed to keep watch over and on you while you've been here for the last six years?

Troy Buckworth - The Anansi
You've got plans you said. Well, you've been here for a few years now, you must have put a few of them into action by now. Tell me about one of your plans that worked, and one that.... well, to say went badly would be an understatement, wouldn't it?

Natalie Saul - The Chosen
I. Well. That's uh. Ambitious! You definitely belong in Slytherin, no question there. And I see you bought one of those Firebolts too. You might be a little obsessedDestined for greatness! Anyway, it might not be Voldemort, or a Basilisk, or the Tri-Wizard Tournament, or a horde of Death Eaters, or a Horcrux, or Voldemort, but with all the work you've spent searching for something important enough to stop that it'd make you famous, you've run into a few smaller problems that you've solved. No recognition, yet, but at least it's practice. What are some of the things you've managed to stop so far?

If I missed you, let me know! Also if you edit in a profile into a post after this point, please make a post letting me know you did so I know to look for it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Alright, this got apps even faster than I'd expected, and everyone one of them is so good that I could just pick 4 at random and have an amazing game, so I'm going to move the deadline for apps up to wednesday evening, so roughly 3 days from now. Hopefully that still leaves enough time for everyone who wants to app to get one in.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Second Questions
Alastrina Lunete Medrod - The Ghost
Trina, aside from your old 'friend' Secilia, who else do you haunt? Who was the last person to trigger your ghostly wrath, what did they do and what did you do to them? Have you ever regretted the consequences of one of your hauntings?

Alicia Elston - The Wyrm
Your help usually goes over quite well, tell me about your greatest success, design, romantic help, or academically. Sometimes though, things go wrong. What couldn't you get to work, no matter how you tried, and what has been your most disastrous failure so far?

Georgina McPhail - The Ghoul
Potential usefulness of 'forbidden' methods aside, it sounds like your unicorn blood revival hasn't been too pretty. A bit of the color fading from the world aside, how has your new need for power effected you, and what's the worst thing this new, cursed life, has driven to do in pursuit of it?

Deirdre Monaghan - The Veelampire
I suppose you haven't tried bathing in the blood of virgins then, yeah probably don't need to ask that one. (you haven't, right?)

Getting back on track here, how have you taken care of your need to feed? You mentioned luring off boys, but do you stick with a few or spread the love around? How have you been making them forget about it, or have you? Have any of your snacks turned into vampires like you, or if not, do you know what makes the difference between turning and being fed on?

Troy Buckworth - The Anansi
So you're like... half Acromantula or something? Any idea how that works? Anyway, you mentioned earlier some fact about Acromantula mortality, but I'll be honest. Doesn't seem like a very big deal. I mean, what good did they ever do anyone? Just big ugly murder-spiders. What good have you ever done someone? And I don't mean getting someone else in trouble to cover for them, but like, unambiguously good.

Jessica Gail - The Cuckoo
Has anyone ever caught, or almost caught you disguised as someone else? If you could be anyone in the school (well, you can, so... this isn't that rhetorical), for any amount of time, who would you want to be, and why? What's stopped you from being them so far, and do you have a plan to get around that?

Robin Brickman - The Mortal
Ha! Good point. A lot of Gryffindors always did seem to have a bit of a superiority complex. So where would you want to be, if you could pick your own house now, ignoring motivations like a special someone who might be in a specific house?

To look at the other end of things from before, what's your absolute worst experience in the magical world so far? And the best moment in the muggle world?

Diana Clementia Selwyn - The Gentry
In your perfection, in what ways have you seen fit to help those less fortunate around you? Of those you've graced, who most satisfactorily returned the favor, and who was the last to fail to respond appropriately? Aside from disappointed letters, what is the latest thing your parents have done to interfere or direct your life, and how did you respond to it?

Julius Sinactio - The Queen
As the head of the most talented club in the school, you've naturally attracted a lot of envy. As well all know, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies, but aside from lies, what has been the biggest outside threat to your position at the top? And speaking of threats, you mentioned Alora trying to usurp your spot, what was her latest attempt at that, and how did you shut it down?

Natalie Saul - The Chosen
Wow. I think I might have to revise my assessment of you after hearing all that. So, what do the other students have to say about your Harry Potter mania fangirling ... rivalry?

Now, I know your 'Ron and Hermione' know the truth, but do other people believe you when you tell them the stories about all the great things you've done over the last few years? Saving the kids from Card Golems had witnesses, but the rest almost sound like the boy crying werewolf.

Maxine Collingwood-Vocaine - The Hollow
I didn't say a thing! Though you did protest that awfully strongly. Well, I'll take your word for it, but has anyone else caught your eye, or have you been keeping them to yourself since the Gregory incident? On the subject, who has Jennifer been suggesting has a thing for you, and why haven't you responded favorably to them?

What regular part of life at school really makes you feel wrong? Have you told anyone, and if so, have they been able to adequately explain why to you?

Catherine Crowther - The Witch
Yeah, you definitely sound like a force for good with this. But, even the best of intentions can go wrong, what was the worst thing you've caused as a result of a spell, failed or successful?

The Ministry can't detect this special magic of yours, or at the least you never got a warning letter when you've used it out of school, but what else have you discovered seems unable to effect your curses, and how did you find out?

First Questions
Harry Everard Vane - The Infernal
At least your parents bothered to give you two names, right? Most of the poor suckers with that name didn't even get that. Just Harry H, Harry B, Harry T. But moving on, have you ever introduced Prof. D. to any of your friends? If you did, what happened afterwards? And who out of all of your friends would you want to expose to him the least, and why? What was something you asked Delphi to help you with that he took in a completely different direction from what you'd expected?

Artemis "Artie" Armistead - The Gorgon
Since I'm sure staring at the ground constantly does wonders for an already dying social life, what do you usually spend your time doing? Books and studying can only last so long. Is there any place in the school where you really feel comfortable or accepted?

Have you petrified anyone else yet? Who are you the most afraid of hurting, and who do you want to stare at the most?

Fergie Lowell - The Werewolf
So uh, are there any ancient and sacred cultural traditions?

I know Werewolves HAVE to transform on the full moon, but not much more beyond that. It isn't like anyone ever bothered to do a lot of research about them, just as far as it takes to kill them. Can you transform other times, or at will? Do you always lose control when you go wolf?

Even with getting monthly detentions to cover your trail a bit, has anyone noticed the trend and gotten suspicious? How did you deal with it if they did? Does any of the staff know aside from Professor Armstrong?

GodFish fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 7, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
First Questions
Himeko Okuda - The Wyrm
Who have you formed the closest bond with over your collection? Who surprised you the most with their interest in one of your treasures, and what was the object of their fascination? What has been your best success at adapting muggle technology to the magical world, and what was one of the ways that you've leveraged interested in your goods to your own advantage here at school?

Mala Silvers - The Ghoul
Scaring people is easy, but I assume just jumping out from behind a suit of armor yelling 'boo!' isn't enough to satiate your urges, any more than a Cauldron Cake is a satisfying meal. What are some of the things you've taken to doing to beat your hunger, what was the worst thing you've done to someone, and did you feel bad about it afterwards? Do you feel properly alive afterwards?

Second Questions
Harry Everard Vane - The Infernal
I can see it now, Harry Harry Vane. That sounds kind of gross actually lets just keep going.

So, when you aren't busy with friends, classwork or your fairy god professor, what do you do with your time? Who would you say your best friend is, what problem were they having a few weeks ago, and how did you help them with it? Did you go to Professor Delphi, or do it on you own?

Artemis "Artie" Armistead - The Gorgon
There was an incident involving petrification here at Hogwarts about 20 years back now. Obviously to anyone whose heard even a little bit about it, it's clearly different from what's happening with you, but when has that ever stopped people. Have you heard any rumors that you could tell were actually about you? Has any cute boy (or girl) caught your... not eyes lets say, but, interest? What do you think they think of you, and do you have any plans for making a move?

Fergie Lowell - The Werewolf
Have you many other werewolves back home? Like, family friends or whatever. Have any of them been decent people? Whose scent here at school have you found yourself the most attracted to? What happened the last time you changed without the full moon, who did you hurt, and assuming the issue of being a werewolf doesn't get in the way, which I will accept is a pretty big assumption, what would you like to do with yourself, here at school and later in life?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Question 2
Himeko Okuda - The Wyrm
Putting Professor von Alfons to the side for a moment, who here at school do you find the most appealing? Is the attraction physical, mental, both, or something else? On the other hand, how did you deal with the pestering overtures of unrequited love you were facing from someone over the last year? Slytherins might look down on anyone muggleborn, and the rest of the wizarding world tends to treat anything muggle with mild, uncomprehending amusement, but how do you get along with students from the other houses who aren't interested in your gadgets?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Question 2
Juniper - The Fae
Who knows the truth about where you've transferred from? What is it like back home, if you can describe it in human words. Out of all the places in and around Hogwarts, which makes you feel the most like you're back there?

Over here, most people treat words as if they were worthless, just meaningless wind to tell people what they want to hear. Tell me about a promise that was made to you, and what you did when it was broken. And who made you a promise you were sure they would break, and how did they keep it?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Mala Silvers - The Ghoul
Do you have any ideas or suspicions about how your miraculous recovery was brought about? Have you ever died again since then, and if you did what was it like coming back? At school, is there anyone in particular you target to satisfy yourself, or do you spread it around? Aside from the fear of others, is there anything that still lights that old spark inside of you?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Alright, I'll be closing apps in about 4 hours. You'll have a bit more time to finish off any remaining questions, and then I'll either make picks when everyone has answered or sometime tomorrow.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Picks will be done tomorrow when I get up!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
So.

You all made this really, really hard. If you didn't make it, please don't feel like there was anything wrong with your app, it was fantastic, I don't think I've seen a pool of apps so consistently good before. I'd have loved to take every single one or run 5 games, but I'm not that insane. So, if anyone else wants to run Harry Potter MH games we've got a lot of excellent apps right here.

The Cast:
1. Julius Sinactio The Slytherin Queen by K Prime
2. Maxine Collingwood-Vocaine The Slytherin Hollow by LurksWithWolves
3. Natalie Saul The Slytherin Chosen by Rauri
4. Fergie Lowell The Gryffindor Werewolf by thatbastardken

Everybody who got in, now is the time to start working out your backstory strings with each other and once that's done, please post at least the final versions of your string sheets here, and edit them in during gameplay either from the string post or from your character sheet.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
One of the "Ron and Hermione"s could be an NPC as well if it'd work better considering the characters.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Teachers
Prof. Shewsbury: DADA Teacher, Sponsor of the Private Dueling Society. She's enthusiastic, frustrated by slow curriculum.
Prof. Collingwood: Charms Teacher, young, 'charming', cool mysterious and subject of unspeakable rumors. Maxine's "mom."
Prof. Angle: Transfiguration Teacher, young, male, attractive! Runs official Dueling contests. Didn't attend Hogwarts, doesn't allow photos taken.
Prof. Susan Armstrong: Doesn't appear to teach anything. Rumored to be school security, possibly an Auror. Former(?) family friend of Ma Lowell. Keeps putting Fergie in detentions.

Students
Hufflepuff
Gregory Twems: Cute smile, funny jokes, going out with Arthur Richfield. Avoids Maxine.
Claire Gray: Good at Care of Magical Creatures. Pleasant, gets good grades, polite. Dating Mark Matthews.
Oliver Cauldwell: Year 7, Quidditch beater. Smells amazing to Fergie (strong, earthy smells)
Thomas: Member of the Private Dueling Society. Embodies the "Hard Work" bit the Hufflepuff creed and increasingly angry that it wasn't resulting in any recognition.
Norton: Had been complaining about Julius' "ill intentions" and "nasty cultism" until Julius helped him into the club.
Teritolous Arentino: Goes by Terry. Pureblood, rich, first of his family in generations to not be a Slytherin. How did he end up in Hufflepuff?

Ravenclaw
Arthur Richfield: Seeker, going out with Gregory Twems.
Mark Matthews: Keeper for the Quidditch team. Natalie fancies him but he's dating Claire Gray.
Edmund Heathcliff: Brooding potions prodigy. Old family, suspicious lack of history during the Wizarding Wars.
Zhong Chou: Thinks he's clever, snoops around where he isn't wanted and asks really personal questions. Currently looking at Fergie.
Regina: Member of the Private Dueling Society. Would be Slytherin if she didn't like reading so much. Tends toward physical aggression. Fell hard for Julius.
Anna Stewart: Year 5. Imperiused to break into the potions office. Saved by Natalie.

Slytherin
Jennifer Hoyle: Maxine's best friend, charming, intelligent, single.
Alora: Member of the Private Dueling Society. 100% obviously out to usurp Julius. Easy to handle.
Talia Barker: Imperiused to watch Peeves location at all times. Saved by Natalie.
Don Matson: Quidditch Beater, generally quiet, but seems to have friends in all the houses.

Gryffindor
Esmeralda Thatcher: Snores. Muggle-born, despite being sixth year is still painfully excited about magic and Hogwarts.
Simon Sewett: Skin condition. Not using Horcruxes.
Herbert Strong: Imperiused to break into the DADA office. Saved by Natalie.
Catulus Caecilious: Dull dull dull, Jennifer claims he has a thing for Maxine.
Shirley Holmgren: Quidditch Chaser. Good at Dueling, wants to get better. Popular among Gryffindors.
Delmont Hannily: Responsible for winning Gryffindor the house cup last year. Not very popular in other houses as a result.
Cory Slate: Terrible. Part of a connection chain to Fergie.

Parents
Mr. Saul: Editor at the Daily Prophet
Ms. Saul: Undersecretary at the Ministry
Prof. Collingwood: Charms Teacher, young, 'charming', cool mysterious and subject of unspeakable rumors. Maxine's "mom."
Ma Lowell: Proud Werewolf, big on 'ancient and sacred cultural traditions'. Spends all day doped up on Wolfsbane Potion and Valium. Big fan of Fenrir Greyback.
Da Lowell: Proud(?) Werewolf, lives in a tiny cottage in the Hebrides. Big fan of Fenrir Greyback.
Mr and Ms Sinactio: Pureblood, rich, old family.

Other
Roderick Brown: May or may not exist: A dark wizard reported to be in Hogsmeade by notes leading Natalie into a trap.

The Focus Class will be Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Lectures are boring. Everyone thinks this. So whenever possible Professor Shewsbury avoids them, instead running practical lessons. For the majority of her DADA lessons, students stand around the room, observe her demonstrate on the raised platform in the center, then practice amongst themselves, or in turns on the platform depending on the subject of the day.

The Classroom

Please locate where you usually stand, and one to two NPC students somewhere in the classroom, and post a quick description. Feel free to move people around to fit what you have in mind.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 1, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
String Sheet!

Make sure I didn't gently caress anything up!

Also, highlights!
Julius highlight Fergie
Fergie highlight Natalie
Natalie highlight Maxine
Maxine highlight Julius.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Julius, what will drive your gang into blind action? What demand does your gang regularly put on you?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Ugh, sorry this is taking so long everybody. I haven't forgotten this, and I should have the thread up thursday? friday? :x at the latest.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 24, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Fancy a Harry Potter fangirl like her not knowing he broke them all during the battle at the ministry!

Or did he?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Okay wednesday didn't happen, but I'm getting closer :x

We have a full npc list now at least!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
The thread is up!

Really sorry this took so long :x

Julius: Highlight Dark
Maxine: Highlight Hot
Natalie: Highlight Cold
Fergie: Highlight Hot

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I meant to ask this awhile ago, who are the Sixth year Prefects for the different houses. Slytherins should figure theirs out together, Fergie do at least one Gryffindor one, then everyone else do one of the Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw/the second Gryffindor one, and I'll make the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I was really excited for this, but as it is now I'm having a hard time coming up with posts for my characters in various games, let alone MC posts (as you can all tell from the three week wait :x) so I'm going to not leave you all hanging and close down the game, at least for now.

If everyone is still interested I might pick it up again in a month or two when I get back into the flow of things. Thanks for playing in my game while it lasted!

• Locked thread