Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
My girlfriend and I are going on a 4 month tour of South America this fall, and are starting to look into more specific areas to visit... Most of it's pretty nailed down by now (Cuzco, Cartagena, etc) but one big question of ours is whether the Galapagos are really worth it. The cost is not prohibitive, but if we're going to spend $3k+ on a week there, we're wondering if it's really unique enough, or if the money (and time) could have been better spent elsewhere, like Iquitos or something.

I have a feeling it might be one of those things people like to check off a list and that it might not really be that much more unique than any other archipelago (e.g. we've been around Greece and Hawaii). We both like animals, scenery, and hiking, but you can do that on a lot less than $200pp/day elsewhere.

We live in Europe, so it's a really long way to the Galapagos, so I doubt we'll get another chance to go, at least not in the next 10-20 years. Basically, would this be one of those "omfg you missed the Galapagos" things?

Edit: We'd visit sometime between late October and late November.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread