Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I really want to see Fabio/Rampage even though I expect Rampage to spend most of it trying to pin Fabio against the cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
That was some :geno: as gently caress promotion from Rampage, goddamn

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The last time Rampage sounded this amped for a fight he came in six pounds over.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Did rampage get hit in the head by consecutive coconuts? He's less glib than ever

Also his toon shirt looks more like it's for Anthony Johnson

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

How nice of the promo to show Maldonado's mangled visage for a split second

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm not sure if I like the "roided out ugly betty" or battle toad description better for Peña.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ok this fight loving owns so far.

EDIT: I started watching during the Carmouche fight and the first minute of this has been the best all day aside from Porier.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Pena is coming back off a torn ACL, MCL, hamstring AND meniscus?

Jesus Christ

Fight also owns

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Jesus Christ

Yeah someone jumped on her back in camp or something when she wasn't looking and hosed her up bad.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Except for those occasional vicious elbows, this is some hilariously sloppy GnP

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Jesus Christ

Fight also owns

Yeah her knee exploded, did we ever get the real story?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Except for those occasional vicious elbows, this is some hilariously sloppy GnP

It reminds me of that 30 second gif of two guys just hammerfisting each other to no effect.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
A lot of that stuff from mount didn't hit at all

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Wow that fight ruled

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Did rampage get hit in the head by consecutive coconuts? He's less glib than ever

Also his toon shirt looks more like it's for Anthony Johnson

His face is looking more like Rumble's too. I assume this means he's fat.

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

This Russian chick is quite good at maintaining consciousness but that's about it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Cool, I got to watch a woman be legally murdered

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
could you imagine if that fight was between two men and on the main card of an event lmfao

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
holy poo poo, Gray Maynard lost to that freak

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

That kind of reminded me of when you see fighters drilling in the gym by sitting on top of a heavy bag and whaling on it.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Pena needs to be ranked higher than 13.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
Garbage Consulting

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah someone jumped on her back in camp or something when she wasn't looking and hosed her up bad.

Oh, was that the thing where the initial "reporting" from various folks on twitter suggested it had been intentional after she was bullied in her gym for being on TUF or something and everyone jumped on it? How did that ever turn out? I kinda feel like I recall the injured fighter defending her gym in that case.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That was the best example of a tune-up fight that I've ever seen.

I also missed much of the Guida fight because exciting things were happening in EVE. I saw some slams which were pretty cool.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They're gonna say that Julianna Pena can fight Ronda Rousey soon on the strength of her bongo punches

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"Self, are you really going to watch Gonzaga/CroCop 2? Why do you do these things?"

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

could you imagine if that fight was between two men and on the main card of an event lmfao
yes, with the pre-brunch Sunday morning aerobic endurance level intensity of that ground and pound

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

She wants the belt! She ain't going to get it. I still have never seen anything that Peña would have for Rousey.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They're gonna say that Julianna Pena can fight Ronda Rousey soon on the strength of her bongo punches

Donkey Konga is the best defense against judo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Donkey Konga

:lol:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

She wants the belt! She ain't going to get it. I still have never seen anything that Peña would have for Rousey.

Didnt you see those Double Hammerfists™?

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
She'll be ranked top ten after this and i'm glad

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I think this girl who got effortlessly hip tossed in the first seconds of a fight against someone who appears to have never trained grappling , will be a good matchup for Rousey

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

lol @champ by now.

or did i hear that wrong, cause i thought she said "If i didn't have to take that year off i'd be champ by now."

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Good Zingano fight I think

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's the list of things that Ronda Rousey will not be able to successfully execute on Juliana Pena in the octagon:
Losing

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Easter Chocolate

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, was that the thing where the initial "reporting" from various folks on twitter suggested it had been intentional after she was bullied in her gym for being on TUF or something and everyone jumped on it? How did that ever turn out? I kinda feel like I recall the injured fighter defending her gym in that case.

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/21962/pena-on-rough-2014-drawing-rouseys-attention

quote:

Pena has not fought since November 2013, when she became the female winner of "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series. Her 2014 was mostly defined, at least in the headlines, by a phone call she made to UFC president Dana White, shortly after blowing her knee out during grappling practice in Spokane, Wash.

Pena, 25, maintains she accurately described to White what happened in the gym that day, but details were lost in the hysteria of the moment.

"I think my first mistake was calling up Dana White and screaming blood-curdling screams while I was on my way to the hospital," Pena told ESPN.com. "That's where I made my first mistake."

Long story short, White publicly called the incident an "attack," which sparked a media swarm.

"The story got so exaggerated. Everybody was like, 'Her career is over,' " Pena said. "My gym got dragged under the bus. Everybody hated me. And on top of all that, I still had four torn ligaments in my knee."

So it kinda sounds like she was really upset in the immediate aftermath of the incident, called Dana, and then he blew it out of proportion even more. It sounds like she's still with the same club so I guessed they patched it up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

canada jezus posted:

lol @champ by now.

or did i hear that wrong, cause i thought she said "If i didn't have to take that year off i'd be champ by now."

You heard correctly. She thinks that she should be the champ by now, but by no means called out the champ and rather said "I'll fight whoever"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Wasn't Dana saying a guy jumped her and intentionally injured her because she was wearing a TUF shirt or something?

• Locked thread