Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hey if you're playing in the PAL region, there's always the option of the highly-expensive japanese-audio PAL Dreamcast version :v:.

That's the one I played as a child and man is Shenmue harder to take seriously with the English VA.

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Moving crates owns, asking for directions owns, ancient QTEs own, Shenmue 2 owns

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
The Japanese version just pronounces it as if it were Japanese, "butoku", so presumably they didn't get their pronunciation from there.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
say goodbye to these

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
The game is years from release and 3D games tend to look godawful when they're in early development. At least, I'm assuming 3D models and textures have only recently started being worked on.

That said, there's no way Shenmue 3 is going to blow anyone away with graphics like in the Dreamcast era. Not on that budget.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I could've sworn this loving game ended immediately after you learned about the stupid tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
jesus christ, the entire hour of this game that i completely forgot about had a magic sword in it?

• Locked thread