Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fixelbrumpf
May 26, 2001

It's been ages since I've seen any footage of Shenmue 1, mind you, but in this, his voice acting sounds more like a speech synthesizer than an actual person. Does anybody know if it's the same voice actor in both games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fixelbrumpf
May 26, 2001

Kuvo posted:

:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:
Ep 04 - YUAL-HUH (youtube)

i love everything that happens in this video

A bit late to the party, but I assume what the hell Ryo was "saying" shortly before Joy took off with him on her chopper that seems glued to her was what happens if you give someone who can't voice act for poo poo reading lines out of context the direction to "mumble", I suppose? Otherwise, I have no clue.

I'm still kind of shocked this came out the same year as Silent Hill did which still looks good today, mainly due to things such as facial animation and actual lighting. But then again, not sure if the Dreamcast could have pulled all that off, especially given how large some of the environments are.

OK, I'm sorry, carry an.

• Locked thread