Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Shwqa posted:

Nice thing about getting into roguelike is that a lot of can be run on a computer slightly more advanced than a potatoe. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a ton of them for the andriod. I know they aren't as profitable as f2p trash but it isn't like roguelikes were ever that profitable on the PC.

Dan Quayle?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is it even out on mobile? I didn't think it was, but goddamn, I'd love to be wrong. I didn't see it on the play store. Goon made, by the way.

They've been 'working' on getting it on iOS since 2016 or something. The website now says the full release (I forgot it was still EA to be honest) is coming this year with Android and iOS builds in tow, so we'll see I guess!

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I would love to have goon made dungeonmans on mobile ahhh

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

the_steve posted:

I started the One Punch Man: Road to Hero the other day.
It's just an Idle RPG reskin, nothing special there. Figured I'd drop in and see if anyone had made a guild to join already and if not, I can throw one up.

Team Fourstar has a promotional code on their latest video that gets you 10 free summon tickets once you unlock the gacha.
FUC005G4 if you don't feel like looking for it.

It's an extremely generic idle game but if you're really set on playing it here are some more codes for 10 pulls or gems:
Hero4fun
HeroComingBack
HeroReadyToGo
RoadToHero2.0
9ap0h4r4
88b22f8b
7RT4Q8ID

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Are there any good party buildings, dungeon crawling rpgs around, Baulders Gatesque but less poorly ported?

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

I've been using Bluestacks for the past couple of days and while I think it's pretty good, I have to manually end "Bluestacks Server Interface" in Task Manager or else my computer won't shut down, saying "VirtualBox Interface has active connections". Is there a better way to fix this issue? Alternatively, is there an Android emulator that won't give me this problem?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hand Row posted:

I would love to have goon made dungeonmans on mobile ahhh

I thought the original Pixel Dungeon (it's open source so there's a bunch of forks with a lot more features) and Hoplite were both goon made.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
Shop Titans:

Has everyone bounced off of this? There's a spot open in Goonswarm+ but I don't want to queue jump. I'm in Goon Titans but the next most active person there logged in 5 days ago.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

Shop Titans:

Has everyone bounced off of this? There's a spot open in Goonswarm+ but I don't want to queue jump. I'm in Goon Titans but the next most active person there logged in 5 days ago.

We are pretty active, come on in. Don't think there is a queue...

What's the in-game name?

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

Baddog posted:

We are pretty active, come on in. Don't think there is a queue...

What's the in-game name?

Aelle#43476 reporting for duty

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

Haha poo poo, I couldn't sleep the other night, installed Shop Titans and wandered into Goonswarm+ at like, level 5 or something. Thanks for keeping me!

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Anyone have any good android ARPGs to recommend? I feel like I've bounced off all the ones I've seen recommended most online like Eternium or Anima. There's just something about them that doesn't grab me. There's tons of more microtransaction heavy games I've tried which definitely feel and look a lot nicer but have the usual mobile baggage of being a gacha game in disguise or some other form of auto-play game.

I'm a pretty big fan of Diablo and Path of Exile but I don't think there's anything close to these out on mobile yet? I know both games have mobile versions in the works but no word on when they'll be done.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Anyone have any good android ARPGs to recommend? I feel like I've bounced off all the ones I've seen recommended most online like Eternium or Anima. There's just something about them that doesn't grab me. There's tons of more microtransaction heavy games I've tried which definitely feel and look a lot nicer but have the usual mobile baggage of being a gacha game in disguise or some other form of auto-play game.

I'm a pretty big fan of Diablo and Path of Exile but I don't think there's anything close to these out on mobile yet? I know both games have mobile versions in the works but no word on when they'll be done.

Not besides the ones you've mentioned and probably already played. I've been waiting on the Diablo one since you could first register for it, and haven't heard anything since, besides that small mention of Diablo 4. Which probably won't come out for another 5 years :saddowns:

If you find anything, I'd love to know! I've been craving a game like that that gives me the brain feels that Diablo does.

On another note, I've been looking forward to a few games coming soon-ish. That Warhammer MMO, Genshin Impact, Apex Legends Mobile, to name a few. I vaguely remember mention of a FFXI version on Android, I wish Firefall got a remake for Android, or something like Destiny, but not Shadowgun Legends.

I'm just so tired of gacha games, and lineage/black desert like MMOs. I feel like there are really good games out there, but they're hard to find. I did recently reinstall Eisenhorn, and XCOM though. I tried to find a copy of Shadowrun, but then I remembered how difficult that game was to play on a phone.

Anyone have any hidden gem games, or even review sites (beyond droidgamers) that are lesser known?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's a good shop management game? Looks like the phone is the best place to find a game like that

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Robo Reagan posted:

What's a good shop management game? Looks like the phone is the best place to find a game like that

shop titans is what people in this thread are playing as far as I can tell.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What's the best sudoku app?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Len posted:

EasyBrains's Sudoku.com it's simple and has really good controls.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is there a good brain training app? Premium is fine but preferably not subscription

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anybody here try Darkzone out? Seems like kind of an interesting idle RPG in the vein of Postknight but you team up with other players and go through the levels. I've barely gotten into it but I think this is something I could get into. There's no ads or paid gatcha stuff, looks like most of the stuff you buy is just cosmetics. It's still beta right now but they're planning on adding a bunch more this summer like guilds, seasons, pets, crafting and a Steam version soon too.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

explosivo posted:

Anybody here try Darkzone out? Seems like kind of an interesting idle RPG in the vein of Postknight but you team up with other players and go through the levels. I've barely gotten into it but I think this is something I could get into. There's no ads or paid gatcha stuff, looks like most of the stuff you buy is just cosmetics. It's still beta right now but they're planning on adding a bunch more this summer like guilds, seasons, pets, crafting and a Steam version soon too.

This reminds me, is there an SA discord for Epic RPG?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

Weve got three spots in Awful Artists on Shop Titans. its pretty fun!

Quote or PM with your @ and ill add you in.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Len posted:

This isn't free but it does have the upside of being only sudoku designed by humans, instead of generated by a computer.

pyrofreak421
Nov 25, 2010

LibrarianCroaker posted:

This isn't free but it does have the upside of being only sudoku designed by humans, instead of generated by a computer.

The people behind the app also have a solid YouTube channel called Cracking the Cryptic. They cover difficult and interesting variations of sudoku puzzle if that is your thing.

They also have apps for other variations of sudoku.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How good is the FFT port? I was thinking about getting a cheapo 10" tablet and playing it on that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How good is the FFT port? I was thinking about getting a cheapo 10" tablet and playing it on that.

It doesn't use touch controls like a game designed for tablets would, you still have to use a virtual controller which might be awkward on a tablet. Otherwise it's technically proficient and they didn't redo the graphics like for the NES/SNES GAMES.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

Shop Titans:

I grabbed an open spot in GoonTitans but it's pretty dead. Can I get an open spot in a more active guild? I'm level 25 and active daily.

Aelle#43476

Im in a similar situation - in what is probably an old abandoned goon guild.

Almost nobody is active so an invite to one of the active ones would be good - norpSA#66507

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream
I guess I'm part of the Shop Titans renaissance. I am currently at level 35 and looking for an invite.

echo465#71587

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

If there's no space in the main goon guilds we could try reviving the one I'm in - Goonswarm (we have one free slot right now)

The only people who ever chat seem to be German which is why I think it's not actually a goon guild

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Goonswarm+ has some guys who seem inactive now, but they have a ton invested. Let us try to level up the town hall to get at least one of you in, might take a few days tho.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Awful Artists have two slots free right now. Will get some invites sent out asap

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Sweet

Probably not worth kicking anyone with high investments for me yet - I've been spending all my money trying to level as quickly as I can so my investment is quite low (there are a couple of high investment dead players in my current guild)
I've now hit a point where I'm getting bottlenecked by investment so I'm gonna stop levelling and earn cash on the market to invest in the city

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Skwirl posted:

It doesn't use touch controls like a game designed for tablets would, you still have to use a virtual controller which might be awkward on a tablet. Otherwise it's technically proficient and they didn't redo the graphics like for the NES/SNES GAMES.

There's actually all kinds of touch shortcuts. Scrolling up and down on a menu will select an option, dragging your character sets their direction after their turn, etc.

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
What's the new hotness in idle clickers? Last one I played was eggs Inc I think.

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Sweet Jesus it's the fabled Mardi Gras Cat-bird!

Zosologist posted:

What's the new hotness in idle clickers? Last one I played was eggs Inc I think.

I just started Masters Of Madness. It's a Lovecraftian clicker in early access, and it's pretty neat, but I think it hasn't quite figured out its balance yet. It just seems a little slow to me. But if you're into the whole Cthulhu thing, give it a look.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Steiv posted:

I just started Masters Of Madness. It's a Lovecraftian clicker in early access, and it's pretty neat, but I think it hasn't quite figured out its balance yet. It just seems a little slow to me. But if you're into the whole Cthulhu thing, give it a look.

Nice ty, I'll check this one out I came with the same question

Edit: ah poo poo it's full?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Steiv posted:

I tried it a while back and it felt absurdly slow and really encouraged watching every ad that popped up

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

echo465 posted:

I guess I'm part of the Shop Titans renaissance. I am currently at level 35 and looking for an invite.

echo465#71587

Invite sent if you want to join up with Goonswarm+!

edit: oh poo poo, I'll send an invite to you too, norp. If the guild is full up, I'll have another person removed by the end of the day.

edit2: second spot open!

staplegun fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 19, 2020

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Android Gaming: gently caress you, this is the Shop Titans thread now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

feverish and oversexed posted:

Nice ty, I'll check this one out I came with the same question

Edit: ah poo poo it's full?

I checked this game (Masters of Madness) last night after initially telling me it was too full and it let me install it this time. Seems alright so far but nothing spectacular about it just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

explosivo posted:

I checked this game (Masters of Madness) last night after initially telling me it was too full and it let me install it this time. Seems alright so far but nothing spectacular about it just yet.

I deleted it after I prestiged the first time (I think at around 100 billion souls? Got 6 of the 'ether' prestige currency) and gained basically nothing in terms of speed improvement. And there doesn't appear to be much depth to it either, once you've unlocked sigils you've basically seen it all, after that it's just 'numbers go up'.