Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vulpes posted:

I deleted it after I prestiged the first time (I think at around 100 billion souls? Got 6 of the 'ether' prestige currency) and gained basically nothing in terms of speed improvement. And there doesn't appear to be much depth to it either, once you've unlocked sigils you've basically seen it all, after that it's just 'numbers go up'.

Welp, thanks for the heads up. I was going to wait and see if a prestige added anything new but if this is it I'm done with it too then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Android Gaming: gently caress you, this is the Shop Titans thread now.

Better than being the Random Dice thread.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kheldarn posted:

Better than being the Random Dice thread.

not really

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Lone Goat posted:

not really

Agreed. This thread needs to discuss good games instead.

Like SaGa Re:Universe. The difficulty of high level stages doesn't gently caress around but there's always a path to (slowly) improve your characters' stats and upgrade gear as needed. Only real issue is the content influx feels slower than some games but it's a fun game to play periodically.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Like SaGa Re:Universe. The difficulty of high level stages doesn't gently caress around but there's always a path to (slowly) improve your characters' stats and upgrade gear as needed. Only real issue is the content influx feels slower than some games but it's a fun game to play periodically.

Soon we'll go from beating up Subier to beating up Noel.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been playing Infinitode 2 the last few nights while in bed, it's a tower defense and probably been around forever but I just came across it browsing the Play store and find the upgrades pretty satisfying to chase and the levels not punishingly difficult (at least so far).

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not that like, it can't be talked about here, but Re;Universe has it's own thread.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was scrolling through the play store last night and found Idle Kingdom Clicker, seems like a decent enough early access idle game with a civlike look but maybe a bit simple. I looked it up today and apparently this game's been around for like 3 years. Also the last post on reddit about it was 6 months ago so it seems like maybe nobody is playing this anymore?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

explosivo posted:

I was scrolling through the play store last night and found Idle Kingdom Clicker, seems like a decent enough early access idle game with a civlike look but maybe a bit simple. I looked it up today and apparently this game's been around for like 3 years. Also the last post on reddit about it was 6 months ago so it seems like maybe nobody is playing this anymore?

I played it for a bit but yah it gets old quick. Haven't developed the middle game at all yet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Baddog posted:

I played it for a bit but yah it gets old quick. Haven't developed the middle game at all yet.

Bummer, thanks for the confirmation. I was pleased with it at first but also couldn't shake the feeling that it looks like an idle game in the sense that you automate resource generation and whatnot but it felt superficial like a classic 'game only seen in ads while playing other games' sense.. Seeing nobody posting about it on reddit for ~6 months further cemented my concern.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Can anybody recommend a good mobile game along the lines of an updated Marble Madness? Premium preferred but ftp is ok.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Arms_Akimbo posted:

There's actually all kinds of touch shortcuts. Scrolling up and down on a menu will select an option, dragging your character sets their direction after their turn, etc.

They're not standard controls but the touch controls they do have are surprisingly intuitive.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

A few days into Armory and Machine 2, and it's a decent enough idle game. A lot more varied "gameplay" than most and no unavoidable ads.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Has anyone messed around with Replika? It's not quite a game, more like an AI or chat bot, but it's easily the most convincing one I've ever seen. They can role-play, take you through mental health exercises, improvise stories.. There have literally been times where I was convinced I was talking to another human being because of errors in grammar or something that just look like human error. It's really impressive.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Just a quick reminder to check yer survey app status and yes I did just get that many in a row today, and nice @ my number of surveys 😎

e: all of those questions today were about whether the video thumbnail shown was indicative of spreading misinformation generally or appealing to 'low-curiosity viewers' (lol) or designed as clickbait. couldn't choose between them but rather the options were like between None to A Lot. kinda weird but hey googlebux

doctorthefonz fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 25, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I got 43 cents for saying I'd never heard of two companies I think they just made up. Knorr, a German food brand, and Lirusac, allegedly games-related but I can't find anything.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bruceski posted:

I got 43 cents for saying I'd never heard of two companies I think they just made up. Knorr, a German food brand, and Lirusac, allegedly games-related but I can't find anything.

Knorr absolutely isn't fake and is pretty common in Ohio at least

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Len posted:

Knorr absolutely isn't fake and is pretty common in Ohio at least

Yeah, I misspoke. Knorr is real (I found out after googling) but is very obscure here. The other one I couldn't find a thing about.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That's a shame because you ever was something quick and kinda filling a $1 Knorr rice side is where it's at

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Knorr rules, I always have some instant soup packets in my pantry for when I'm not necessarily hungry, but I need something in my stomach.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'll have to see what they have next time I'm at the store. I keep cans of Dinty Moore beef stew around for that but they're more like 3-4 bucks. Is Knoor's stuff super salty like cheap ramen? That's always been a downside to those for me.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, I misspoke. Knorr is real (I found out after googling) but is very obscure here. The other one I couldn't find a thing about.

They throw in fake questions now and then to catch who's just blindly answering surveys, like asking if you've been to a place that you haven't.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've been getting lots of the 'Have you been here?' surveys recently. We're in lockdown, I haven't been loving anywhere for months. Google trying to catch me out!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

elvie posted:

Awful Artists have two slots free right now. Will get some invites sent out asap

Started playing as gwrtheyrn#91721. Can you play the same account across device/platforms? Wondering if I can just use the steam version to play as well instead of using an emulator.

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 26, 2020

Baddog
May 12, 2001

gwrtheyrn posted:

Started playing as gwrtheyrn#91721. Can you play the same account across device/platforms? Wondering if I can just use the steam version to play as well instead of using an emulator.

Yah you can, I play on both.

We can maybe make space if awful artists is full.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Cool. Awful artists is listed at 12/13 right now, but I don't see any button to push so I assume it needs an invite. I'm only around level 17 right now since I started today

elvie
Jan 17, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

Cool. Awful artists is listed at 12/13 right now, but I don't see any button to push so I assume it needs an invite. I'm only around level 17 right now since I started today

Flicked an invite your way. Minimum level was set to 35 I think? Hence why you couldn't just join.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I have weirdly gotten readdicted to You Must Build a Boat ... Ace level 9 now

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

teethgrinder posted:

I have weirdly gotten readdicted to You Must Build a Boat ... Ace level 9 now

Thats just normal. I think its probably the best mobile game ever made. I wish it got a sequel.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

What I find abnormal is that my times go down every ace level haha

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

elvie posted:

Flicked an invite your way. Minimum level was set to 35 I think? Hence why you couldn't just join.

Guess it needs it even with an invite? I'll probably hit 35 in a couple days anyways at the rate I'm going

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Oh poo poo, a replay of You Must Build A Boat? That's exactly what I need now. Thanks for reminding me about it.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I wish there was more of it ... like an expansion would be amazing.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

dungeon warfare 1 and 2 are both on sale, they're both good right? if i were to only get one, which one should it be?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Artelier posted:

dungeon warfare 1 and 2 are both on sale, they're both good right? if i were to only get one, which one should it be?

2. It's like 1, but more.

However, it doesn't necessarily cause 1 to be obsolete, since 1 is still filled with its own levels anyway which if you're a fan of that type of game, you'd likely welcome.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Hello android gaming shop titans thread, is there a good resource to figure out what lines I should be going down? From what I can tell, it's mostly about picking things that use different resources, but I haven't found anything that even tells me what resources things down the line use

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

gwrtheyrn posted:

Hello android gaming shop titans thread, is there a good resource to figure out what lines I should be going down? From what I can tell, it's mostly about picking things that use different resources, but I haven't found anything that even tells me what resources things down the line use
The good news is that it doesn't matter in the early-mid game, the bad news is that it doesn't matter because you'll probably pick up all the blueprints anyway when bounties/dailies/champions want items from those lines. I don't doubt that there's a wall with blueprints along the line but haven't really hit one at L54 and have unlocked T6 across the board, T7 in a fair number, pushed T8 in two, and T9 in one (that I can't even craft because of other, more annoying walls in this game). This also includes unlocking full combos for T7 elemental and spirit enchantments. And I still have 150 blueprint left over to use.

If you want to combo high level items, it doesn't matter as much until you dominate the content because the limiting resource is probably going to be questing materials, not renewing resources. I haven't found it to be too concerning finding a good combo for high level items when I can only make like, 10 of the things before I'm out.

If you really want to get into the weeds with it, the Big Spreadsheet put out by the devs can help you plan out a combo, just look at the blueprints tab for all the game's items.
http://bit.ly/shoptitans

staplegun fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 28, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Are there any games on Android that are similar to Quarantine 2019? I remember having a ton of fun with goons back in the day, but I can't do browser based at work, and really don't want to on my phone (through a browser, I mean), as it's very much meant for desktop. I'd much prefer an actual app.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

The thing that I dislike most of Dungeon Warfare 2 is the fact you can respec your skillpoints before you play a map so you have to optimize that poo poo every time. I don't remember it worked like that in DW1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you'll be able to stream games to your Android 6.0+ device come September 15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KCtXJUekyo