Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
There's are apparently affiliate networks for app installs that pay out via playtime and in-app purchases.

So it's a super inefficient form of taking advertising dollars from lovely idle & p2w apps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm getting back into Drill Down after getting frustrated enough to quit last time and am having a much better time this go-around. The still most annoying part about the game is not having access to a second storage crate until you get a few different production lines up and running, so you end up doing a lot of long conveyor belts that loop around and go nowhere just to move byproducts out so you can keep making the item you need to expand your storage.

But once I got enough to make more I realized that you can sort of chain the crates together and move materials back further by feeding into another crate to store more and more things, then pull them out as needed by changing the direction of the output to send that particular item a different direction.

It's definitely a slooow game considering you can't speed things up but once you figure out how to work around some of the storage stuff and how to move specific items around before you get a filter it gets a bit easier to handle.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

It most likely requires your mobile number and you will get buried in sms spam and robocalls

Still sounds far, far less shady than the "play this solitaire app to win real money" ads that I see occasionally.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Can anyone recommend an emulator that works well in Linux, XUbuntu to be exact?

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
Are there any goon cities in Shop Titans with a free spot?
If so please let me know, id is ghostptSA#65389

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

theghostpt posted:

Are there any goon cities in Shop Titans with a free spot?
If so please let me know, id is ghostptSA#65389

Sent!

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Company of Heroes just launched on mobile. It's a port of the PC version, not a mobile knock off. $13.99, seems fair

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.feralinteractive.companyofheroes_android

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Company of Heroes just launched on mobile. It's a port of the PC version, not a mobile knock off. $13.99, seems fair

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.feralinteractive.companyofheroes_android

Well god drat that kinda rules.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I hope you're ready to pre-register to catch some Pac-Man G(e)o!...

Nah, this one isn't a Pokémon GO clone. Instead, you make mazes from the streets in your city, and getting hi scores unlocks collectables, like Times Square.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
That's pretty cool! Sucks it's pre selected streets though. Would be really cool if it was any streets

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

New spot open in the Shop Titans guild! post your ID if you want to give the game a try and play with goons

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
If anybody here plays battle legion, I started a clan, Unit Sharts. Feel free to apply

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arms_Akimbo posted:

If anybody here plays battle legion, I started a clan, Unit Sharts. Feel free to apply

I have no idea what this game is but seems kinda cool, I tried applying after the tutorial but it looks like I can't join until I hit rank 500

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

explosivo posted:

I have no idea what this game is but seems kinda cool, I tried applying after the tutorial but it looks like I can't join until I hit rank 500

Oh, I can set that. I just put it at a number that would indicate you've played more than a day or two since I was expecting mostly pubs. I dropped it to 100

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

staplegun posted:

New spot open in the Shop Titans guild! post your ID if you want to give the game a try and play with goons

Still haven't worked out what I'm doing but would love to not know what I'm doing with goons:

MeatwoodFlak#98809

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Just applied as DonIncognito

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Still haven't worked out what I'm doing but would love to not know what I'm doing with goons:

MeatwoodFlak#98809

I goofed and didn't make sure that we had enough invested to add a new member to replace the one that left because of real life stuff. It's not a huge deal but it'll take us about a day for me to get that invite sent!

edit: this was quicker than i thought: invite sent!

staplegun fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Sep 12, 2020

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

NPR Journalizard posted:

Just applied as DonIncognito

i've just applied as willus

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Anyone playing Guardian Tales? Pretty neat little RPG with some gacha elements, though I've played for probably 8-10 hours and haven't hit a wall yet.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

thehoodie posted:

Anyone playing Guardian Tales? Pretty neat little RPG with some gacha elements, though I've played for probably 8-10 hours and haven't hit a wall yet.

I've been playing it as well and I concur.

It's actually really refreshing to play a mobile game that (up to the point I've gotten to anyway) seems to have a lot of care put into level design and isn't just a shameless NUMBER GO UP COLLECT WAIFU -style slot machine

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Drill Down: It's kind of crazy how long it takes you to get to the point where you can actually Drill Down. I'm not there yet but I'm about to start preparations to build the drat thing. The unlock for the drill is buried so far back in the technology tree, and once you're there you have to build the drill which takes a ton of mats to do. Once you build it though you get an infinite number of floors to dig down and build factories on each floor with elevators bringing goods up/down, effectively letting you devote whole floors to one type of manufacturing.

The real roadblock with this game is the lack of storage, once I unlocked barrels which let you store a bunch of one type of material in a 1x2 space, suddenly I have plenty of resources and it feels like the game opened up a ton. I can condense these big conveyor belt jungles into a filter and a couple of barrels which leaves me more room to increase production by expanding on the space I have now. It's a shame that it took this long to get to this point but it's picking up again now after a lull and I'm kind of reinvigorated for what I presume is the back half of the game.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

thehoodie posted:

I've been playing Guardian Tales for a few weeks, and I've definitely been enjoying it. You definitely reach a point where you need to grind XP and weapon enhancement items to build up your main team, but it isn't that bad until you try powering up people for a second or third team.

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic

quite stretched out posted:

i've just applied as willus

Applied as Baing.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Just upgraded my Android version to 11. Big mistake on my part, I should have checked but it ended up messing up the Flydigi gamecenter I use to map my controller. It just completely doesn't work anymore.

I'm pretty tempted to look into downgrading, has anyone else done this yet? It looks like I could end up messing up my phone if I don't do it right.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
If you like role playing/choose your own adventure text-based stories (with a few pictures here and there) and need to scratch your Vampire: The Masquerade itch before next year, this game is pretty loving rad.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.choiceofgames.nightroad&hl=en

I'm on chapter 4 so far and I'm loving it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

New Leaf posted:

If you like role playing/choose your own adventure text-based stories (with a few pictures here and there) and need to scratch your Vampire: The Masquerade itch before next year, this game is pretty loving rad.

It owns that they got Choice of Games to do it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How did I just learn about Among Us yesterday? Free (with ads) on mobile, and it seems drat fun.

Brand new SA thread here.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How did I just learn about Among Us yesterday? Free (with ads) on mobile, and it seems drat fun.

Brand new SA thread here.

It seems like a lot of people are learning about this game recently, it's been out since early April 2018 but has really exploded lately.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Morpheus posted:

It seems like a lot of people are learning about this game recently, it's been out since early April 2018 but has really exploded lately.

Twitch

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Yeah someone streamed it and now it's the in thing

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

New Leaf posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Not a huge fan of it being free/adds/in-app purchases though, is it neatly handled? First-chapter-free-buy-the-others-and-you-get-no-adds-and-can-just-chill?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Morpheus posted:

They were actually working on a sequel, but when this strangely blew up two years after it came out, they scrapped it and decided to work that stuff into the original game

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I can't imagine being one of those devs and waking up one day and being like "Uh what is going on??"

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

valuum posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Not a huge fan of it being free/adds/in-app purchases though, is it neatly handled? First-chapter-free-buy-the-others-and-you-get-no-adds-and-can-just-chill?

I didn't have a problem with the price, but I tend to throw money at phone games without really thinking about it. After the purchase there's zero ads.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The Gooseflock Featheration, the Eve Echoes goon presence, is having our very first recruiting drive.

Echoes is basically a full reboot of Eve, designed for mobile. The biggest ships are Battlecruisers right now, and we won't see bigger for at least another month or so. Everything has been streamlined down, to make it a more sane playing experience. Modules go in different slots, unnecessary skills are gone, etc.

Echoes is also a superior Eve experience because of the goon culture. Gooseflock has no tolerance for bigotry of any type.

Come help us crush the market with the fist of Goon Communism by blowing up idiot pubbies, reddit racists and other assorted nerds and making them buy their ships back from us.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938701

https://discord.gg/gooseflock

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 26, 2020

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I can confirm that the game is fun if you liked EVE/the idea of it but don't want to deal with 20 years of entrenched bullshit.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Downloading it. Been interested in EVE a long time but I suck at spreadsheets and just want to fly around and shoot bad mans.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Another vouch here for Eve Echoes. I’m having a blast

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

New spot open in goon Shop Titans guild Goonswarm+! It should show up if you do an ingame search or you can drop your user ID here and get an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New Leaf posted:

First off - I love this story/game/thing. It's loving rad. I just emailed support though because I ran into a pretty significant and strange bug that rolled back a chunk of the story for one character but not for the main story.. Spoilers if you're playing, this is after Lettow's first series of 3 missions:

During Lettow's first series of missions I made Elena my ghoul and handled the Ukranian mobsters before taking her with me to the migrant camps and completing that mission.  I played on until Julian contacted me at my place in the parking garage and it went on to the next series of Lettow missions - where Elena followed me to the Viper as a ghoul.  I was ready to pick my next mission for Lettow when I quit for the night.  This morning when I got back on my phone to play it had rolled me back to the talk with Julian in the parking garage, but it was fresh enough on my mind that I made the same choices - however, when I went to the Viper this time, Elena did not follow me.  So after talking to Lettow, I went to the Covenant pawn shop and it's treating Elena as though I'd never done the Ukranian mobster stuff and never made her my ghoul, as well as rolling back some purchases like laptop upgrades and the superior pistol, but the money seems to still be missing from my accounts.  So it seems to have screwed up a large chunk of my interactions with Elena and the pawn shop but kept my progress elsewhere in the game, which seems very odd.