Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

ZombieApostate posted:

I think Number of Attacks +X% is what governs how many times you actually attack and Min/Max Attacks are just the limits.

I just found Sting and started building around it. Causes instant death to anything with 3 status ailments on it. I'm pretty sure that's what's happening here, heh. Actually maybe not, I think you have to actually hit again after the status ailments are applied and it doesn't look like it's doing that. Maybe the status stuff is just coincidence and it's one of those "kill under X% HP remaining" things.

Yeah final blow does the opponent's max hp once their current hp hits a certain threshold. It maxes at 75%.

delfin posted:

There is a Min Attacks skill as well. If both of them are boosted, might that help?

If Dark Gods is therefore not that great an equipment set, I'll peek around at the other ones and see if any of those might be tempting.

Yeah I'm not certain how good the dark god blessing is. However the other stats of the dark god equipment is nuts. I put a orichalcum on the base dagger, armor, and gloves. Orichalcum is basically a steel bar that increase base level by 4x. I use my scrolls that turn stuff into materials to make a bunch of Orichalcum.

Dagger gives +30ish max attacks, 108% elite slayer, 34% final blow
Cloak gives 349 shield and dodge with a 108% exp bonus (caps at 100%)
The gloves gives 34% number of attacks and accuracy and 72% ignore cool down.

You get maxed out attacks, 100% ignore cool down when mixed with permentant passive abilites, double damage against the hardest enemies, double exp, and 49% final blow with permentant passive abilities.

The armor definitely the weakest link so far. I'm gonna try to get another dark god equipment and the slap those abilities onto the armor that gives more damage based on max hp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I've got the rotten dagger and armor. Which dungeon drops the other one?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

I've got the rotten dagger and armor. Which dungeon drops the other one?

I have gotten armor and necklace from the base cave.
Rotten shield from moon tower.

You can hammer or use a scroll to shift what the gear is.

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
So in Dicast, I got bored and finished all of Locoi's achievements go unlock his Skeletanization card, figuring it's like a M-M-MEGA SKELETON badass effect. Haven't actually had it in my deck once in like 20 games after adding it. I wonder if it only works for other heroes? gently caress, trying that now

Edit: yep, I'm a dumbass, it works for the OTHER heroes so now I got the bomb dude making GBS threads skeletons too. Yeehaw.

antisocial86 fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 10, 2021

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

antisocial86 posted:

So in Dicast, I got bored and finished all of Locoi's achievements go unlock his Skeletanization card, figuring it's like a M-M-MEGA SKELETON badass effect. Haven't actually had it in my deck once in like 20 games after adding it. I wonder if it only works for other heroes? gently caress, trying that now

Edit: yep, I'm a dumbass, it works for the OTHER heroes so now I got the bomb dude making GBS threads skeletons too. Yeehaw.

That's strange that you haven't drawn it with Locoi. Pretty sure I've seen Locoi use it against me.

But yeah, the most fun with the hero card unlocks is using them with other heroes. I use Windstorm with a lot of them (push opponent 3 spaces toward you base)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'm nearly certain I've seen the Ivy play the Vine card, maybe it's just bad luck?

Ive only got Locoi's weapon up to level 1 upgrade and it seems the worst of the three upgrades (1%???) so it'll be a while before I can test for myself.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

We've got a new spot open in the Shop Titans guild! If you're already playing or want to give the game a try, post your ID and I'll send an invite.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

staplegun posted:

We've got a new spot open in the Shop Titans guild! If you're already playing or want to give the game a try, post your ID and I'll send an invite.

Probably will pick this back up. gwrtheyrn#91721

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

gwrtheyrn posted:

Probably will pick this back up. gwrtheyrn#91721

Excellent, invite sent!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Is there a goon guild for Dicast? I picked it up and am surprised at how much i'm enjoying it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Jumpoff posted:

Is there a goon guild for Dicast? I picked it up and am surprised at how much i'm enjoying it.

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I started DiceDiceBaby as a Dicast goon guild if anyone wants to join one. It's application only at the moment so drop your name in here if you do join.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Shwqa posted:

More B100X tips

enemy exp and junk drops are fairly stagnant. It seems to go up by one or so per kill every 10 floors. You are really gonna want to have dedicated leveling and money making equipments and grind with those. I can get 468 exp on the first kill with a 30% exp shield, necklace which double exp gain when under aliment combine with berserker always bleed, and steel shackle which stops junk gain but triples exp gain.

Stats on equipment get harder to increase the higher the number goes. Getting 100 shield on an item is a cake walk but 300 is gonna cost like 100k junk. So it like to spread the stats. Put shield, hp, and attack/spell damage on every piece of equipment.

Certain equipment has really good stats that can be given to others. For example:

• Assassin suit which drops in tower of moon and underground volcano. It can give 5% final blow to another item.
  • Vampire cloak which drops in tower of moon and tower of sun. It can give hp per turn and Absorb on attack.
  • Offering to the darkness which drops in tower of moon and large labyrinth. It gives pursuit % up and spell damage % up.
  • Bloody axe which drops in basin cave and old battlefield. It gives attack damage up, critical damage up, and absorb on attack.
  • Dragon Brooch which drops everywhere and can give magical and/or physical piercing.
  • Steel shackles which is a rare drop in large labyrinth. Why not just give 45% exp and +15 exp per kill to everything?

Just remember to give a steel bar to these before you use them for their stats.

Can someone explain their process for making equipment? So far I've been using mostly completed pieces but I want to make something even better and I'm not sure what a good approach is.

For example, I've been collecting Fool shields and have one up to Lv800. I'm ready to start adding stats to it. Should I start using essences to pull stats off other pieces and then add them to my shield? Is there a way to strip the Dedication unique ability from the shield and give it another one? Should I slap some runes on it at some point? I hope I didn't screw up and that I should have done all the mixing at lower levels before I got the shield up to 800.

I looked for a guide and found one for intro players but I feel like either I missed the important info it was trying to teach about mixing equipment or it just wasn't in the guide.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Trampus posted:

Can someone explain their process for making equipment? So far I've been using mostly completed pieces but I want to make something even better and I'm not sure what a good approach is.

For example, I've been collecting Fool shields and have one up to Lv800. I'm ready to start adding stats to it. Should I start using essences to pull stats off other pieces and then add them to my shield? Is there a way to strip the Dedication unique ability from the shield and give it another one? Should I slap some runes on it at some point? I hope I didn't screw up and that I should have done all the mixing at lower levels before I got the shield up to 800.

You cannot strip Dedication from it. However, you can transfer everything on it but Dedication to another item if you like its unique skill better; simply use items (if you have enough) to remove all skills from the target item, then use that target item as the first one in your mix so that all of the Fool shield's other skills transfer over to it.

Runes are something of a fiddly experience. There's a Japanese wiki a page back or so that lists what all the different combinations can create. Single runes don't really add anything by themselves; it has to be a combo, and you will need at least one skill slot free on your main item. It goes like this:

1) Determine what rune combination you want to make. (Say, Power + Heaven == Brightness, to get Scout's unique skill.) Notice that there are also other skills attached to each combination; it's up to you if you want those or not.
2) Set up your main item (the one you want the Scout skill on) so that it has at least one slot free. This is usually best done early, because Abrasivestones remove the top non-unique skill and that's probably one you've been building up from the start.

Figure that when you do the final mix, your item will receive:
a) whatever non-unique skills are on the fodder item, so you usually won't want many. There has to be at least one of these, but it CAN be one that your main item has already.
b) the unique skill from the rune combination
c) the other two skills from the rune combination
in that order. If there aren't enough slots available, they just won't transfer.

So, if all I want is the unique skill from the combination, my main item needs one slot free AND my fodder item needs only skills on it that my main item already has. If I want more skills than that, either from the fodder item or from the combination, I need more slots free on the main.

3) Mix one of the rune Essences with your main item.

4) Set up your fodder item as per 2), so that it has the right number and type of skills on it. For instance, in a combo I did this morning, I had an item that had only Dodge x+ left on it, and my main item also had Dodge x+ on it.

5) Mix the other rune Essence with your fodder item.

6) Mix the two items together. The (name) should change to the new rune type, and you should see a new orange unique skill down near the bottom of the skill list.

There's a picture a page back of a successful mix to make some of the above make more sense.

As for enhancing equipment in general...

1) Try to add either a steel bar or an Orichalcum to items you'll be using in mixing. It boosts stats somewhat.
2) Transferring stats by mixing has a diminishing effect. Someone mentioned ((main stat + fodder stat) * .75) as a formula and I haven't found anything to argue with that yet. So, like, if I'm mixing Dodge 40+ and Dodge 40+, that would give me Dodge 60. If I've got my main up to Dodge 120+ instead, though, the end result wouldn't add anything. Eventually, you will need to build up stats on the items you'll be mixing before you mix them with your main item.
3) Junk is a limiting resource early. Late in the game, you'll have more than you know what to do with; it'll be all about the stat-building process instead.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Anyone have suggestions for a good Soccer/Football game for Android? I've tried FIFA and Mini Football and am just wondering what else people have enjoyed.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Thanks! I applied as TheJumpoffSA.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Please add me to Raid Goons

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm down to two nuts to crack in B100X -- Level 901+ in Tower of Moon (enemies who dodge get Invincible for a turn) and Level 1000 in Temple of the Sun (multiple revives and seems largely impervious to damage). Both of them have me hitting Retreat rather than Dead, but they're still roadblocks.

Also, Paradise Lost appears to be a PvP instance, so... be prepared.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

delfin posted:

I'm down to two nuts to crack in B100X -- Level 901+ in Tower of Moon (enemies who dodge get Invincible for a turn) and Level 1000 in Temple of the Sun (multiple revives and seems largely impervious to damage). Both of them have me hitting Retreat rather than Dead, but they're still roadblocks.

Also, Paradise Lost appears to be a PvP instance, so... be prepared.

Thanks for the equipment advise.

What abilities do you guys find most useful for the S slot? Overhealing looks nice, increase max HP. I can also pick army of apostles which does damage when I restore HP. I'd pick a max shield item but I don't have any for the S slot.

I don't want to waste abrasive stones.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Trampus posted:

What abilities do you guys find most useful for the S slot? Overhealing looks nice, increase max HP. I can also pick army of apostles which does damage when I restore HP. I'd pick a max shield item but I don't have any for the S slot.

You can mix different slot type items together, the first item you select in the mix will be the resultant item. So you can mix a weapon with an S slot, and as long as the S slot item is the first one selected, it will remain an S slot item, but you will get the weapons stats on it.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Raid Boss Raid Goons,

There is a severe equipment bottleneck in the form of these new accessories. Only way through the bottleneck is raid currency, so let's raid every day and hoard currency.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've been playing Dicast thanks to this thread and it's been really fun actually! It's vaguely mario party, but the ability to manage your hand of cards to manipulate probability means there really is a whole lot of strategy to your turns. Proof is in the win rates honestly, it's not hard to have a 70%-80% win rate provided you're better than your opponent, though I'm sure that's just because I'm in the bronze ranks and facing complete newbies (or bots maybe).

Some of the mobile game trappings suck though. I really hate the timed chest opening, that one's hugely frustrating. Using rank 1 characters can really suck too. Like, I want to use Breeze, he seems really fun, but only having his first skill means he's just a vanilla character who takes less damage from traps. Trixie too, I legitimately don't even know when her first skill even activates? I've played both as and against Trixie and it didn't activate in either game.

Definitely gonna keep playing though because the base game is just so fun.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Arzaac posted:

I've been playing Dicast thanks to this thread and it's been really fun actually! It's vaguely mario party, but the ability to manage your hand of cards to manipulate probability means there really is a whole lot of strategy to your turns. Proof is in the win rates honestly, it's not hard to have a 70%-80% win rate provided you're better than your opponent, though I'm sure that's just because I'm in the bronze ranks and facing complete newbies (or bots maybe).

You will definitely hit a wall. I hit mine at about rank Diamond 2, when you start running into people with better developed characters. Your biggest bottleneck will be gold, so don't throw it around too much.

I really, really recommend you get your gold mine to level 5 ASAP. That'll give you reliable income of gold, which will be your big bottleneck. By that time, you'll have hopefully found a character you like to get to level 5 as well.

After that, I recommend getting another base or two to L5 for more gold income. The Flame Guild/Tac Tent/Eternal Elm all give both gold and one of the three equipment types.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Trampus posted:

Overheal is in a rune word so you can do this

I just combined two low level items with rune words. Used abrasive stone until it down to the overheal and then used an essence on it.

If you can help it don't use any items that have the same inherent ability that a rune word has.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I've definitely seen everyone's warnings. The only problem I have with that is that I feel like the gold mine frequently doesn't actually help me win games; the shop just shows up so rarely. I've been leveling the gold mine anyways, alongside Greyhen.

And I'm sure it'll even out eventually but I guess my point is that luck doesn't seem to matter as much as deck, character, and strategy. Most of my matches have been on relatively even ground and it definitely seems like it comes down to choices made than lucky dice rolls.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, I've definitely seen everyone's warnings. The only problem I have with that is that I feel like the gold mine frequently doesn't actually help me win games; the shop just shows up so rarely. I've been leveling the gold mine anyways, alongside Greyhen.

I think Greyhen is kinda weak, honestly. His big thing is his shield, but it breaks on every damage. Traps, incidental player damage. Sure, he's a tank, but he's not quite where you'd think he should be. Especially when Goldberg and Decster are strong and throwing out small damage constantly.

More important than using the Mine in combat is to get it up to level 5. You can then put heroes into it, and it'll start passively crafting and storing gold. It'll cap out after 5 hours, but you get a decent little chunk out of it.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
hey thread, I was wondering what's some good mindless games to play while chilling on the couch with the gf and just passing the time.

I already am about to buy FF Tactics, and was wondering about the Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, NWN ports and if they were any good. I'm on a Galaxy Note 8 by the way, and would love to be able to play something that's smooth with the stylus - for instance, a strategy game or something like that Rome Total War port.

i loving love strategy games, and if something like Heroes of Might and Magic 3 or Civilization or such were possible, i'd loving buy it in an instant.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Buddykins posted:

hey thread, I was wondering what's some good mindless games to play while chilling on the couch with the gf and just passing the time.

I already am about to buy FF Tactics, and was wondering about the Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, NWN ports and if they were any good. I'm on a Galaxy Note 8 by the way, and would love to be able to play something that's smooth with the stylus - for instance, a strategy game or something like that Rome Total War port.

i loving love strategy games, and if something like Heroes of Might and Magic 3 or Civilization or such were possible, i'd loving buy it in an instant.

None of those are mindless, and while they're decent ports they're still not great on a small screen (including a note). If its your only way to play them or youve played them so much you dont need to read anything then jump on in.

Get Slay the Spire and a TD (Dungeon Warfare or Bloons TD6) for mindlessness. Then Crying Suns for stylus.

Civ has Civ6 (which is apparently broken now? Idk) and Unciv. There is a ghetto port/emulator for HoMM3 but its super jank.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

Kris xK posted:

None of those are mindless, and while they're decent ports they're still not great on a small screen (including a note). If its your only way to play them or youve played them so much you dont need to read anything then jump on in.

Get Slay the Spire and a TD (Dungeon Warfare or Bloons TD6) for mindlessness. Then Crying Suns for stylus.

Civ has Civ6 (which is apparently broken now? Idk) and Unciv. There is a ghetto port/emulator for HoMM3 but its super jank.

got it, will check these out. thank you so much.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i would not characterize slay the spire as mindless

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Impermanent posted:

Yeah I also hated the android port enough to refund it after about a half an hour. The same caveat about the small screen for FF Tactics applies to this game IMO, I'm on a Note 20 and had a really hard time reading anything.

It also feels weirdly barebones going back to StS after playing Monster Train but that's probably just me. I liked StS but felt the games that came after it in the same style iterated on it in a way that makes it hard to go back to.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Impermanent posted:

Maybe Ive just been playing it too long then.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

If you are looking for a StS like on andriod I still recommend Rogue Adventures. It started off as a kinda mediocre StS clone but has basically gotten weekly updates for years and became it own thing. It has a ton of classes. Each class has its own unique play style. It is also free so that is cool.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Shwqa posted:

If you are looking for a StS like on andriod I still recommend Rogue Adventures. It started off as a kinda mediocre StS clone but has basically gotten weekly updates for years and became it own thing. It has a ton of classes. Each class has its own unique play style. It is also free so that is cool.

Its a great game. If youre looking for StS but not StS, Rogue Adventure and Night of the Full Moon are best. People also like Pirate Outlaws but i find that super grindy.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Shwqa posted:

How much mobile game bullshit is there? I like StS because I bought and now have the game. I don't want to deal with any gacha poo poo or energy or combining things to rank up classes etc

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

How much mobile game bullshit is there? I like StS because I bought and now have the game. I don't want to deal with any gacha poo poo or energy or combining things to rank up classes etc

Theres a disable ads iap and a double xp iap. Theres also an unlock all iap which includes the other two iaps, instantly unlocks all classes, cards and relics.

I dont remember how much they cost

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

It's just "get xp at the end of a run, level ups unlock stuff", and the ads are to double xp at the end of the run, and during runs to get extra loot from chests. That's it. It's very fun and has a different enough dynamic to be its own game rather than a carbon copy of StS.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

MadMadi posted:

Anyone have suggestions for a good Soccer/Football game for Android? I've tried FIFA and Mini Football and am just wondering what else people have enjoyed.

I really liked my time with Champion Soccer Star until it got a little too grindy and repetitive.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

There's no energy or premium currency or gacha. When you find a chest or go in a shop there's some bonus stuff that you get for watching an ad, but the game is easily worth the $5 it costs to turn ads off, at which point it's just a straight up game you've bought.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

MadMadi posted:

Score! Match has been one of my main games to play in-between stuff. The gameplay mechanics work really well on a mobile, and I especially like that a game is over after about two minutes or when someone has scored two goals. If you're one goal behind, there is still a chance to get back, but at 2-0, there's likely not enough time to get back into the game and it avoids getting steamrolled.

As for the gameplay: The AI moves the players for you, but the game is paused whenever a player is going to make a shot and you can draw how he will shoot. When your opponent has the ball, you can select a player to intercept. Given that touch controls rarely work for me, I find this a good compromise for a mobile game.

There's no energy or anything, but there is (buyable) currency. You get packages whenever you win a game which take time to unlock, and you can only have four at a time. But as I'm generally only playing this between breaks, I've never really gotten to the point where I'm blocked from just playing a game.

Baron von der Loon fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Warhammer Odyssey came out today!

So far it's pretty decent. Warhammer Fantasy world, WoW playstyle. In as Calyxis.