Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
What about that game that has some sort of horror-themed pokemon game in its ad but the game itself has literally nothing to do with this concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
The best ad I'm getting currently is the one where the guy is cutting everyone in line based around the fact that he has a character that's highly leveled, and he even cuts a woman who looks exactly like the character, but then he runs into a guy who has higher level characters so he can't cut him.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
What am I supposed to be doing in Dungeon Maker? I played for the first time to the end of the 3rd world. None of my choices seemed to matter and it was insanely easy.

When does the real game start?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Merge mayors: why does my little smartphone icon always have a red ! on it?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Spermanent Record posted:

What am I supposed to be doing in Dungeon Maker? I played for the first time to the end of the 3rd world. None of my choices seemed to matter and it was insanely easy.

3rd world is day 30? Runs should be going past day 100.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Merge mayors: why does my little smartphone icon always have a red ! on it?

Not entirely sure but a couple possibilities:
The third tab is the daily reward, do make sure to collect that.
The fourth tab is a vault that builds up while you play and you can pay real dollars to unlock (don't do this) but has a free option to unlock you can work towards. (The highest tier of daily reward, with watching an ad, can rarely spit out keys that merge up to the key to unlock the vault.) I've opened the vault twice now for free, close to my third big key.
The vault likes to inform you every time you've made some progress but eventually fills up and stops alerting you.

Another note to people playing I realized really late and wish I knew earlier: you can open and tap the lower tier chests until they only have 1 left and still merge them into the bigger chests for full rewards. It's 9 taps for the wooden chest and 11 for the blue ones. Just don't do it while sleepy like me multiple times and miscount, whoops.

Also the discord for it is surprisingly good (good faq and active devs/mods) if anyone has questions.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Another note to people playing I realized really late and wish I knew earlier: you can open and tap the lower tier chests until they only have 1 left and still merge them into the bigger chests for full rewards. It's 9 taps for the wooden chest and 11 for the blue ones. Just don't do it while sleepy like me multiple times and miscount, whoops.

This would have been nice to know, drat

Are battery packs mergeable too? As in, the ones you tap to get batteries

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I take it that I should be waiting to open chests until I can merge them? I only realized you could do this the other day but space is already such a problem :sigh:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Not entirely sure but a couple possibilities:
The third tab is the daily reward, do make sure to collect that.
The fourth tab is a vault that builds up while you play and you can pay real dollars to unlock (don't do this) but has a free option to unlock you can work towards. (The highest tier of daily reward, with watching an ad, can rarely spit out keys that merge up to the key to unlock the vault.) I've opened the vault twice now for free, close to my third big key.
The vault likes to inform you every time you've made some progress but eventually fills up and stops alerting you.

Also the discord for it is surprisingly good (good faq and active devs/mods) if anyone has questions.

You can merge the reward chests AHHHHHH gently caress me

explosivo posted:

I take it that I should be waiting to open chests until I can merge them? I only realized you could do this the other day but space is already such a problem :sigh:

I've been opening them just because I need the space (merge my item makers from low level to high level and I had too many intermediate mats).

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

AnonSpore posted:

This would have been nice to know, drat

Are battery packs mergeable too? As in, the ones you tap to get batteries

The glowy ones are max level, but what I do is wait until I have at least two or a few intermediaries to open them so they take up less space and I'm relatively sure I'll get a max battery out of them.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

explosivo posted:

Yeah they give more poo poo when you merge them but there's only 2 levels to them. Further exploited if you open the lower tier ones but don't use them up. Always check the upper left ? on things because there's good info on there (including if it's mergeable).

I wouldn't worry too much about missing out on those. Chests are great but honestly the daily rewards are better/equivalent so I was briefly upset I missed out on cheesing a *lot* of chests but then realized I get so many generator items daily anyways.

Regarding space: definitely don't hoard batteries, space is more important. Pretty much everything, that isn't a generator or you don't actively need for something, can be sold without much heartbreak. The only exception is, maybe, the cars that come from the screw bits. It's okay to not focus on quests just to focus on unlocking more space for a bit too.

Tl;dr there's surprising amounts of min-maxing in this silly merge game.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Spermanent Record posted:

I just started a fresh game and I dunno if the changes they made or just natural power creep, but the early game does seem easier than ever. Thankfully it’s way faster to unlock harder difficulty levels and as mentioned you just want to cruise to day 100. You then rebirth and keep doing that on the hardest unlocked difficulties. You should be focused on getting draws on the original pack and select monsters/facility abilities that carry to your next game.

Then you’ll definitely want to pay attention to monster and facility recipes so you can craft powerful poo poo to carry on to your future games. As you unlock more stuff, monsters, and dark lords and their abilities you’ll start creating synergies between it all as it will get much tougher. Day 30 normal mode is not even out of tutorial mode essentially.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Hand Row posted:

I just started a fresh game and I dunno if the changes they made or just natural power creep, but the early game does seem easier than ever. Thankfully it’s way faster to unlock harder difficulty levels and as mentioned you just want to cruise to day 100. You then rebirth and keep doing that on the hardest unlocked difficulties. You should be focused on getting draws on the original pack and select monsters/facility abilities that carry to your next game.

Then you’ll definitely want to pay attention to monster and facility recipes so you can craft powerful poo poo to carry on to your future games. As you unlock more stuff, monsters, and dark lords and their abilities you’ll start creating synergies between it all as it will get much tougher. Day 30 normal mode is not even out of tutorial mode essentially.

So, the good news is that they've actually condensed the difficulty levels. The old hard 10 is like difficulty 3 now.

Early game is really about setting yourself up to be able to survive longer. Your score is exponential, as is the conversion rate to the in game currency.

I'm still finishing up the first 2 card packs and am just about to hit day 1000 on a Trial 1 run + doubled bosses, doubled enemies and every enemy spawns with a bonus skill 100% of the time. I'm just shy of a score of 2 billion, and am just now really starting to feel the pressure to win invade battles. Most of my creatures are about level 2100.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I do wish it could auto run thru a selected route on the map until you need to make a decision, you can sleep thru regular battle rooms and even elites a lot of the time. Would also prevent when you accidentally misclick from your highlighted path and miss out on 3 invasions...

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Cerepol posted:

I do wish it could auto run thru a selected route on the map until you need to make a decision, you can sleep thru regular battle rooms and even elites a lot of the time. Would also prevent when you accidentally misclick from your highlighted path and miss out on 3 invasions...

Yeah, it does get a little idle game-y after a while.

My rather overpowered run just ended at day 1000. It offered to double my 2 billion to 4 billion and gave me almost 5k of the in game currency. So long runs so pay off rather nicely.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Lowness 72 posted:

Lol at "become ten attractive DARK LORDS for PROTECT THE DUNGEON"

it's a decent game with a bad translation

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If I want a non-gacha, non-freemium, non-clash of clans turn based strategy game, or story game, or rpg game? on android, that isn't Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest or KOTOR or XCOM, what are my options?

I don't mind paying, I got close to $20 in google bucks burning a hole in my pocket

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If I want a non-gacha, non-freemium, non-clash of clans turn based strategy game, or story game, or rpg game? on android, that isn't Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest or KOTOR or XCOM, what are my options?

I don't mind paying, I got close to $20 in google bucks burning a hole in my pocket

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.herocraft.kodp&hl=en_US&gl=US

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Siralim Ultimate is an rpg but it's the grindy dungeon-crawler mash-lots-of-numbers-together kind of rpg without much story. I can't speak to the quality of the mobile version but I enjoyed playing it on steam, and I know it has cross-save.

It's mostly about coming up with weird overpowered interactions between all the different special abilities and building teams to abuse them.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I would look at Steamworld Heist, Steamworld Quest, Templar Battleforce and Battle Chasers. Mind you I have played some on non mobile so the port/controls might blow. Oh yes and Siralim Ultimate.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Heh I didn't finish it, but I played KOTOR for the first time on my phone and was surprised at how well it played ... frankly better than trying to play the original on my PC. But now I want to wait for the remake before completing it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Are there any good ports of old cRPGs or similarly styled games that anyone can recommend? Think lile Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Arcanum, Planescape Torment type games.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Slay the Spire

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Improbable Lobster posted:

Are there any good ports of old cRPGs or similarly styled games that anyone can recommend? Think lile Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Arcanum, Planescape Torment type games.
To be clear you mean games unique from those, right? Because Beamdog did port virtually all of the Infinity Engine stuff to Android.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

teethgrinder posted:

Heh I didn't finish it, but I played KOTOR for the first time on my phone and was surprised at how well it played ... frankly better than trying to play the original on my PC. But now I want to wait for the remake before completing it.

I've played kotor 1&2 four times each, they're good but I have no interest in a fifth play through

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

teethgrinder posted:

To be clear you mean games unique from those, right? Because Beamdog did port virtually all of the Infinity Engine stuff to Android.

Oh cool, I didn't know that. Newer games in a similar style are what I'm looking for

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Been playing Hot Lap League for the past couple of days. It's a pretty decent TrackMania clone. Seems to have more emphasis on drifting than doing crazy tricks using the physics engine like in TM. Touchscreen controls work surprisingly well and are customizable. Soundtrack is absolutely horrid and comprised of some of the worst sounding generic stock music I've heard, though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ultimatestudio.hotlapleague.premium

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Away all Goats posted:

Slay the Spire

I've got tenbux in Google survey money but the reviews mention a bunch of touchscreen issues

Is it decently playable? God I'm too stupid for deckbuilders but enjoy it on steam despite losing most runs

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Front Mission mobile game announced for Ios and Android. Developed by the Langrisser mobile studio.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/front-mission-2089-borderscape-announced-for-ios-android

No details but presumably a tactics game that takes place one year before Front Mission 1.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

I've got tenbux in Google survey money but the reviews mention a bunch of touchscreen issues

Is it decently playable? God I'm too stupid for deckbuilders but enjoy it on steam despite losing most runs

Yeah super playable imo.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

I am a touchscreen-issue-haver and I found it very annoying. I should check if they fixed it. For me, it would get stuck with a random card always selected so if you try to tap on anything it plays that card.

edit:
Checked, and it seems like it's partly fixed? I still get stuck with a random card always selected, but I can cancel it by tapping an invalid target. Though It still feels bad to me and doesn't help if you have no targeted cards in hand. I was trying to look at my relics just now and couldn't figure out how to do it without also playing a random shield card from my hand.

Tann fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Apr 23, 2022

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

WaltherFeng posted:

Front Mission mobile game announced for Ios and Android. Developed by the Langrisser mobile studio.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/front-mission-2089-borderscape-announced-for-ios-android

No details but presumably a tactics game that takes place one year before Front Mission 1.

Hope it's good!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I'm looking forward to building mechs out of multiple parts, all of which are gacha. It's 5 times the gacha in one game!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The Front Mission 3 internet is back and it's a link to squeenix's twitter accounts

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'd love a mobile Front Mission. That's awesome.

Weird! I've played stupid amounts of hours on an S10+ and OP 9Pro and never had such an issue.

The only (very minor) issues I've had:

- it takes slightly too long to first load, thanks to syncing with its cloud (fwiw loads instantly in airplane mode, I tested for a curious friend)
- occasionally an enemy status effect is obscured by the foreground
- my camera hole blocks an unnecessary part of the screen

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 24, 2022

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

teethgrinder posted:

- it takes slightly too long too first load, thanks to syncing with its cloud (fwiw loads instantly in airplane mode, I tested for a curious friend)

Which is pretty infuriating, since it doesn't have cloud saves. What is it even syncing?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Poopy Palpy posted:

Which is pretty infuriating, since it doesn't have cloud saves. What is it even syncing?
It doesn't have cross-save to other platforms (which I would loving love) but I think it's still a cloud-save to the Google Play stuff? So yay it's synced to all your Android devices. :rolleyes:

I should have added, the save data is copyable between Android and PC versions of the game (and presumably Mac). In theory it might work with other platforms, but you can't typically access console or iOS file systems without hacks.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Tann posted:

I am a touchscreen-issue-haver and I found it very annoying. I should check if they fixed it. For me, it would get stuck with a random card always selected so if you try to tap on anything it plays that card.

edit:
Checked, and it seems like it's partly fixed? I still get stuck with a random card always selected, but I can cancel it by tapping an invalid target. Though It still feels bad to me and doesn't help if you have no targeted cards in hand. I was trying to look at my relics just now and couldn't figure out how to do it without also playing a random shield card from my hand.

At first, I bounced off it for this very reason. When I tried again, I powered through and learned that you can cancel a card by dragging it to the bottom right of the screen. It's not perfect, but it's playable for me now.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Farquar posted:

At first, I bounced off it for this very reason. When I tried again, I powered through and learned that you can cancel a card by dragging it to the bottom right of the screen. It's not perfect, but it's playable for me now.

Aha! This works for me, cheers.
I played the PC version too much and don't want to progress ascension all over again so I've been trying weird challenges like "Always pick the worst card to add to your deck".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I bought Slay the Spire and the touch controls are pretty poo poo. Honestly though the thing that frustrates the most is the 'Skip' button being front and center because I keep accidentally skipping poo poo. It's right where you'd think the Confirm button is and the Confirm button pops up under my right thumb usually :argh: