Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

MagusProject posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with this? The website version tells me to install the Amazon app to buy the items, but the app version tells me to add the items to my wishlist, to buy and download them from my PC.

Are you using the website on your phone? Make sure you're using the desktop version of the site (menu -> request desktop site in Chrome).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

This is one of our awesome super featured everyone likes it games. If you have $0.99, BUY IT! If you don't, drive by a Subway a few times.

Edit: I'll be updating the OP soon. I'm going to shoot for weekly updates, but my 9 month old is being a real prick these days.

I'll second this, I 100%'d that game and loved everything about it.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

This is one of our awesome super featured everyone likes it games. If you have $0.99, BUY IT! If you don't, drive by a Subway a few times.

Edit: I'll be updating the OP soon. I'm going to shoot for weekly updates, but my 9 month old is being a real prick these days.

Thirded. Hitman GO is a great puzzle game, and at $0.99 it's a steal.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

MagusProject posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with this? The website version tells me to install the Amazon app to buy the items, but the app version tells me to add the items to my wishlist, to buy and download them from my PC.

Are you trying to buy Appstore apps with the generic "Amazon" app or something? I've never seen any messages like those.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Here is a link to the page for anyone who needs it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So, I can't say anything for sure really, but I might have been beta testing a game based on a popular zombie comic book that has spawned a popular zombie television show that will be releasing in the next few weeks, and if I was, I'm sure it was a shitload of fun. I would probably highly recommend it once that thing comes out, if I could talk about it at all. It might be an episodic squad-based combat city building game or something like that. I don't know. I guess we'll all find out together.

And yeah, you read that totally hypothetical thing right- it would be based on the COMICS. Which is pretty cool. EDIT: Would be pretty cool. Would be.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

New Leaf posted:

So, I can't say anything for sure really, but I might have been beta testing a game based on a popular zombie comic book that has spawned a popular zombie television show that will be releasing in the next few weeks, and if I was, I'm sure it was a shitload of fun. I would probably highly recommend it once that thing comes out, if I could talk about it at all. It might be an episodic squad-based combat city building game or something like that. I don't know. I guess we'll all find out together.

And yeah, you read that totally hypothetical thing right- it would be based on the COMICS. Which is pretty cool. EDIT: Would be pretty cool. Would be.

If this were to exist, I would have to say that it would be neat. Man, I certainly hope we get this or something like it sometime. Yes yes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

Would it be like the comics where it's fun and interesting for a bit, then incredibly boring for a long time, and then finally getting "interesting" again by killing 80% of the cast and repeating the cycle?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

It's based on Rebuild isn't it?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Len posted:

Would it be like the comics where it's fun and interesting for a bit, then incredibly boring for a long time, and then finally getting "interesting" again by killing 80% of the cast and repeating the cycle?

So you mean like basically every comic series ever?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Len posted:

I envision it as more of an alternate reality universe where your team of randomly acquired folks from the zombie comic.. Where you could hypothetically have folks like "Dick" the small town cop with one hand, "The Mayor" from the quaint town of "Stoneberry", "Lishonne" the stoic sword wielding lady, and that "Jesus" dude from The Bible could all fighting side by side against the undead, or even the living depending on the situation. Maybe you could rebuild Stoneberry after the events that went down at the Jail House. I really wish I could get more specific than that..

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cryohazard posted:

So you mean like basically every comic series ever?

Nah there's a difference between just a comic and Kirkmans writing style. Kirkman is particularly bland.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Len posted:

Nah there's a difference between just a comic and Kirkmans writing style. Kirkman is particularly bland.

I'm a big "Invincible" fan.. wish that got more press.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If I wanted to play a SimCity clone on a 2013 Moto X, which would be a good one? Is the actual SimCity any good, or would I be better sticking with something like Megapolis?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

I'm a big "Invincible" fan.. wish that got more press.

Invincible is good when it isn't in Super Duper 90s Gore Mode. But yeah I wish it got more talked about over Walking Dead.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

saucepanman posted:

It's based on Rebuild isn't it?

I thought this as well.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If I wanted to play a SimCity clone on a 2013 Moto X, which would be a good one? Is the actual SimCity any good, or would I be better sticking with something like Megapolis?

There is no good (or even decent) city builder on phones. If you have a computer, get SC4 or City Skylines.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This has been the most requested genre in this thread for years, and unfortunately the answer is still "They all suck"

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

WWE 2K is out today and in classic 2K Games fashion they've accidentally priced it at 99 cents instead of the intended 7.99. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.t2ksports.wwe2k15mobile Apparently it's since been fixed and I can tell you that it sure as poo poo isn't worth the asking price

ovaries fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 17, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lipstick Apathy

Longbaugh01 posted:

If you have a computer, get City Skylines.

Fixed that for you.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games › Android Gaming: No there's still not a good city builder or Civ-like

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Most classes in Hearthstone succeed by destroying your opponent's health points. Priest succeeds by breaking your opponent's spirit and driving them insane. At least, that's how I feel when I face a good priest, and they systematically nullify everything I've accomplished :saddowns:

Warlock falls under this category too sometimes.

Or it would if I could get my deck too work consistently :saddowns:

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are some good rhythm games on Android? I already have Cytus, but haven't really been able to find anything else that doesn't blow dick.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Rhythm of Fighters is pretty cool if you like music from SNK games. Beat Hazard Ultra has an interesting concept but I really can't say I'm a fan.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Radiohammer is pretty fun, and the gameplay reminds me a bit of Rhythm Heaven. There's a free version and a paid version.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geektox posted:

Rhythm of Fighters is pretty cool if you like music from SNK games. Beat Hazard Ultra has an interesting concept but I really can't say I'm a fan.
Rhythm of Fighters is pretty good, thanks! Do you know if there's any way to disable the stupid loving leveling system or just force the game to always keep you at level 1?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
The first episode of the Game of Thrones Telltale game is free on Amazon. 25% off the season pass, too.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Any decent town/city/village building simulators out there?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

big mean giraffe posted:

Fixed that for you.

Hilarious, except I wrote it that way because not everyone necessarily has a computer capable of running Skylines.

FredMSloniker posted:

Yes, I will now list them for you in alphabetical order:

(In all seriousness though, isn't there that one Kairosoft game that's sort of a town builder?)

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

FredMSloniker posted:

Longbaugh01 posted:

(In all seriousness though, isn't there that one Kairosoft game that's sort of a town builder?)

Dungeon Village, or Edo Towns. Neither are really what you want, but no such game really exists, unfortunately.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ovaries posted:

WWE 2K is out today and in classic 2K Games fashion they've accidentally priced it at 99 cents instead of the intended 7.99. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.t2ksports.wwe2k15mobile

$10.25 here.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Maybe old news but I can now download hearthstone on my note 3 from the play store

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Frogmanv2 posted:

$10.25 here.

Yeah, they fixed it already. It was supposed to be $7.99 initially in the US store (and that is the price on iOS), but they accidentally priced it at 99 cents for a while.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Game of Thrones has great production values. Plus it's loving Game Of Thrones. A+, would get for free from Amazon again.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

BobTheJanitor posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games › Android Gaming: No there's still not a good city builder or Civ-like
Is Sim City not good? Is Megapolis not good?

I'm ashamed to admit I got on OK with Dungeon Keeper for a month or two before the counters all got ridiculous, is it the same sort of problem?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If megapolis is the one I'm thinking of, I ended up having to build and destroy huge amounts of basic level buildings to get a chance for a drop of the right item needed to build higher level stuff. Then I needed to build and destroy heaps of those to get the next level and gently caress that.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm ashamed to admit I got on OK with Dungeon Keeper for a month or two before the counters all got ridiculous, is it the same sort of problem?

Sim city is terrible, not as bad as Dungeon keeper but similar trappings. Not played megapolis but going by reviews it's not much different.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 17, 2015

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I've played both and they both loving suck coming from someone who has put hundreds of hours into actually good city builders. I mean neither of them even come close to scratching the itch.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Transport Tycoon is pretty good but it's an open transport clone not a sim city clone.

e: mixed the 2 names up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Jorath posted:

Game of Thrones has great production values. Plus it's loving Game Of Thrones. A+, would get for free from Amazon again.

I went ahead and spent the $15 bucks for the season pass. The quicktime events are a bit of a chore at times, but the story seems solid and it's a "your choices matter" sort of thing. They even go out of the way to flash stuff like "Lord Forrester will remember that" at the top of the screen when you make a choice.