Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
There used to be a pretty large goon presence on Pocket Planes/Trains a few years ago. I might be wrong but it might've been all the bitching from goons over Mobage that finally got Nimblebit to publish their own things to the Play Store.

And then goons continued to whine about everything else from IAPs to there being more than one version of Tiny Tower. I like Nimblebit stuff though, Disco Zoo held my attention for a good long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Rhythm of Fighters is pretty cool if you like music from SNK games. Beat Hazard Ultra has an interesting concept but I really can't say I'm a fan.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

Anything The Sims-like on Android? It doesn't have to be 'customize their nose hairs' or anything, just kind of a step back from the non-existent SimCity stuff and more of a focus on individual houses and people.

Also, can someone explain the thread title?

Again, nothing all that good or deep. The Kairosoft poo poo is aight, but Virtual Families might be cool if it actually worked. The Sims Freeplay is pretty lame for me but I know at least one goon is really into it.

The thread title is referring to Google Opinion Rewards and how the app most often sends you a survey if you've been near a business (like Home Depot) recently.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

mrkillboy posted:

I believe its even deposited into the same balance as regular Google Play credit so you can top it off with a gift card if you don't have enough. You can't combine payment options (like pay half by credit card) however.

Yeah it combines with any Play gift cards. It's the same balance.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

You can buy the same currency you'd otherwise earn by playing the game. Considering earning the money for upgrades and whatnot is literally like half the point of the game I don't see why you ever would. The option to buy the money is also surprisingly well hidden.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

Anyone else here play WWE Immortals? I was surprised to not find it on the recommended list.

It's really kind of shallow. As far as mobile "fighting games" go, Marvel Contest of Champions is much better.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

midnightclimax posted:

Anyone remember Battle Isles and knows an equivalent on Android? It resembled Herzog on the Mega Drive, basically turn-based hex-strategy.

Never played either of those but maybe Great Little War Game? It's basically advanced wars with a hexagonal layout.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rubicon.dev.glwg

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Len posted:

Kate Upton keeps telling me to play Game of War. Maybe that?

As hilarious as Game of War jokes are, the game is nothing like that, more of an Evony clone (in more ways than one).

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I've been playing this game called Vega Conflict lately, which is something like clash of clans, but it shows you enemy bases on a large map and lets you choose who you attack. Are there any other games like this that aren't awful?

Does it have to be spaceships and poo poo? If not Boom Beach and Plunder Pirates both fit the bill of CoC-clone.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

It is a drat nice looking game on PC though. Very reminiscent of Portal.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Some Zero posted:

Jesus desktop dungeons is hard... Or I'm bad at video games

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=New_Players_Guide

It gets better once you kind of get into the habit of not wasting the unexplored tiles and fighting the right monsters and using the right spells and whatnot.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Meat Recital posted:

Can anyone recommend a good Etrian Odyssey-style dungeon crawler? Deeper the better. I'm trying to play actual Etrian Odyssey through Drastic, but I'm finding the controls a bit awkward.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=DeadlyDungeons.App

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lavalevel.questlord

But yeah, either emulating DS or DOS would probably be your best bet for those kinds of games. Wish they'd port Legends of Grimrock.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

tentish klown posted:

Awesome, I can drain my battery *even faster than normal*

i was reloading posted:

Cool, so I can drain my battery at twice the speed!

really lovin' these hot takes please keep them comin'

if you're downloading an app with the express purpose of using your spare processing power and energy for the advancement of science then complaining about battery use then I don't even know

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Why don't we set up some kind of invite code thread in PGS for all Android games like the iOS one? That way we don't have a bunch of contextless code posts every time someone discovers the F2P game du jour.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Almost as if it was meant to be an incentivised market research tool and not a dependable source of free money

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Meatwave posted:

Fallout Shelter question: Do the parents of the baby at all affect the magnitude of its stats? I don't think I've ever seen a baby with a stat higher than 3.

I don't believe so, in fact I think there might be a cap of 12 on the sum total of a new baby's stats.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Beef Hardcheese posted:

The gently caress? So all my efforts at training Dwellers' stats up to have them breed a race of all-10 SPECIAL uberkinder is all for nothing?

I guess if there was a reliable way to produce 10-in-everything babies it would basically trivialize the content in the same way 400 lunchboxes would.

twistedmentat posted:

The biggest problem I'm finding now is raiders eventually get tougher, and its pretty stark when it happens. 6 people all armed with basic weapons kills maybe one of them, then the other 2 or 3 run amuck as I try to switch weapons around desperately.

So going slow doesn't work, but going fast is a bad idea because you can outstrip your population's needs so quickly. Its annoying because a bunch of my friends have huge ant hill level vaults that they haven't experienced a single problem I've had, but the big difference is they seem to get way better lunchboxes and way more. 90% of the time I've got quests I can't complete. Equip a dweller with an assault rifle, train 5 dwellers strength, kill 40 animals in the wasteland are my 3 current quests. I have 17 people in my vault.

Huh, I've never had the problems you've had so it might just be bad luck? I send all my new dwellers out on a wasteland run, and one of them brought bàck a 14dmg Railway Rifle and a 7 dmg laser pistol and with two extremely average dwellers posted at the door I kill 2/3 of raiders right then and there, and my next occupied room with 4 dwellers all armed with scoped .34 kills the next very quickly.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

As someone who doesn't ever have a commute, Fallout Shelter has the perfect amount of gameplay of a minute at the most for when I'm waiting for my coffee or whatever. Other idle games like TT or Simpsons or what have you actually are too involved for the minuscule amount time I spend playing games on my phone. The art style and the little outfits and whatnot is charming to me and I don't even like the Fallout games.

What would actually be perfect if they added a live wallpaper function so I can just watch my little survivors drinkin' nuka-cola and getting swole.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Dear god, that's insane. With who? What other features? PM me or something, I need to know.

In provinces with subsidised providers like MTS and SaskTel plans are better than anywhere else in the country. You just have to live in a frozen flatlands.

I just signed a new plan for $75/3GB in BC :smith:

On topic: Seems like that Walking Dead skinner box is out in Canada finally. I actually kind of like it, it reminds me of that Marvel facebook game I used to play. Anyone still playing this?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

If anyone have space in their city geektoxsa#42467

Also, they finally added portrait mode to Pacman-256, sweet

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

FadedReality posted:

Didn't that walking dead game get patched in soft launch to be worse in some way to do with the IAP?

That's what I had heard but after playing it a while it really doesn't seem any worse or better than any other game. It does seem kind of hard to progress at a certain point until you have at least some 2-Star or better characters of a certain attribute which just takes time to get since they're "made" rather than like a gatcha machine pull (though that's in there too)

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Len posted:

Do we have a Walking Dead faction?

I'd be up for making one if I can get enough food in time.

e: I've made it, post your account code (tap your name in the top right) and I'll invite you.

Seems Walking Dead is balanced to not let you progress quickly, so you do some battles (reminiscent of the Marvel: Avengers Alliance game), hit a brick wall, then you play some farmville, replay older levels and do some raids for resources, and train up some characters to feed to your main team.

As for raid defence, I'm having better luck by using a team of whatever my strongest trait is, either by character stats or weapons stats. Killing things in the game seem pretty reliant on the rock-paper-scissors theme, so unless they bring a team of hard counters of your team you'll hold out longer.

I could be totally off base here so correct me if I'm wrong.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 28, 2015

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Roid666 posted:

Only level 3 so far in Walking Dead, so not sure if I can join but my code is DGX-HCW-NBH

It says invalid code :( AFAIK there's no level requirement though I don't know if there's some sort of progression requirement

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Ah that explains it, I'm in Calhoun(en). I'm kinda hesitant to switch at this point tho :(

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Len posted:

for walking dead my region is bacon (en) and my code is wvxvqbbnd

Kid posted:

Code BRQ-YCW-QYV
Region Bacon if that matters

socialsecurity posted:

Sure yeah loving the raiding in this
Account code - BRB-QGQ-WVY

Seems like regions does matter because it's saying invalid code on all three of these. It's baffling that they think their game can support a population on so many servers. Seems the primary benefit of factions is being able to bring an extra guy on missions so maybe joining an active pub guild would be the way to go.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Len posted:

i dont see your region in the list either. how many bacon players ww got? I can maybe get one started there.

For FWIW I don't think the list is alphabetized beyond the first letter, Bacon was at the end of the B list for me

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Len posted:

Is there a trick to getting red dudes in Walking Dead? I can't seem to scrape up any.

I had the same problem, I ended up rolling with my free coins and got Rick who's a red dude but he's the only one.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

coyo7e posted:

I got a phone notice saying that 5 star Rick is available for a limited time so I'm thiking it's the equivalent of a D/C/B/A/S/SSS style ranking.

That's exactly what it is. My level 5 two star has slightly lower stats than my level 1 3 star so it's not an insignificant difference.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

mrkillboy posted:

The sequel to zombie apocalypse 4X strategy game Rebuild, Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville is also out

Welp time to delete Walking Dead this was poo poo I was waiting for.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

None, that's not the kind of game it is, there no IAPs at all.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Holy poo poo, so this wasn't a joke, after all???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YMD6xELI_k

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So the BT Pokeball is just a big button but it will probably be mandatory to play the game? Well played Nintendo, well played.

Even if it isn't I'm buying one anyway. poo poo, I'll buy my brother his first phone so we can play together.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Sep 10, 2015

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Echophonic posted:

That raid mechanic is just a slight variation of the way Heroes' Charge and its ilk do it. Most of them give you tickets of some type to instant-clear levels, but it costs the normal amount of stamina. I'm not a huge fan of the extra cost to raid combined with a failure chance, something even the grindiest F2P games don't do.

Completing the mission normally upgrades the success chance by 5% every time, it's pretty trivial to get it up to 100%

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

victorious posted:

Neither does Hitman: Go. I got up to the final levels and my tablet broke: all progress gone.

Go does have cloud save now but definitely didn't for a good long time.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

I like skinner boxes as much as anyone, but I'm not understanding the appeal of Dungeon Boss. From what little I played it's just a Pocket Knights clone with different graphics right down to the "You get fragments of heroes instead of heroes!"

Nothing inherently wrong with it of course but when I roll a gatcha I personally would much rather get the millionth variation on a slime-type fodder than see a progress bar move up slightly.

so that I can feed the slime to my anime heroes to watch a bar increment slightly

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Applied to KMA as Geektox.

also, what's the best football manager game on Android, there's like a million of em

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

ModeSix posted:

Still need one more for this.

I keep trying to sign up but Subterfuge just launches to a black screen and freezes

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

I've only left Soda Dungeon on so I have something to stare at during loading screens in Fallout so I have not interacted with the deeper mechanics at all beyond upgrading the tavern but it's pretty good for that.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

For what is normally an extremely dead-rear end thread people sure like to complain when folks actually post in here. The Soda Hero poo poo is actual discussion unlike pages of "here's my friend code" so it really shouldn't be a big deal.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

It really doesn't go anywhere and you'd probably be better served reading a plot summary if you care that much because at some point progression is a slog and the gameplay isn't nearly engaging enough to make up for it.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

I got four surveys in a row on whether I'd been to any of a list of five stores. And when I say 'four surveys in a row', I mean I answered the first, got told I had another waiting (which turned out to be identical), answered that, got told I had another waiting, and so on. If I'd actually been to any of those stores, it would have been a nice bit of funbucks, but even so, ten cents quadrupled isn't bad.

FWIW I have also been getting multiples of these in a row and there were no follow up questions even when I had been to that store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Isn't that game not released yet? I mean if you sideloaded the thing it's a violation of their TOS which is totally reasonable grounds for a ban?