Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

HiipFire posted:

im sorry for liking F U N
Apology accepted.

What do you think of the case on Uradd?

Anyone you're suspicious of at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Is Keane usually this question-y. I feel like the socratic method is a departure from the norm for him.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Grandicap posted:

Is Keane usually this question-y. I feel like the socratic method is a departure from the norm for him.

Yes of course! (I am in multiple games so I'm a bit more subdued here while trying g to finish up)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

He's been pretty much this way in all his games lately. It's quite a change from the Keane who would beatbox and then leave the thread for days, but he's also been super townie in my opinion.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Super townie seems like an overstatement, but the questions he is asking is sending the thread in the right direction, it is just not what I am used to.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Hal Incandenza posted:

He's been pretty much this way in all his games lately. It's quite a change from the Keane who would beatbox and then leave the thread for days, but he's also been super townie in my opinion.

So I take it you felt differently from grandicap's stance about questions that point the thread in the right way about Pander's questions? I also didn't know what he was expecting me to say about his vote.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

So I take it you felt differently from grandicap's stance about questions that point the thread in the right way about Pander's questions? I also didn't know what he was expecting me to say about his vote.

I'm not 100% clear what you are saying here my friend.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Uradd has been replaced by Samfucius, say hello.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Hey Grandicap, how serious was your vote on Uradd?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm not 100% clear what you are saying here my friend.

Sorry, I was conflating you and grandi there a little bit.

You've ventured a concrete opinion on CCkeane being towny -- he's asked a significant chunk of questions.

Can you tell me more about your thoughts about Pander and his line of questioning?

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

I know it's, like, the weekend, or whatever, but I am severely disappointed with the Rate of Posting (RoP). Let's get this poo poo rolling.

My vote on Uradd's surrogate remains:
##Vote Samfucius
Samfucius, I would recommend posting any reads you have to help rectify this situation.

Hiipfire, I am still waiting on a response.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Samfucius posted:

"How serious was your vote on [me]" is not how I expect town to enter the game, especially given the vote he's asking about. Grandicap's reason for voting clearly was "you don't think my kid is cute", which is obviously a joke. Why is his first instinct to question people who have voted him, rather than talk about who he finds townie or scummy?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I was wondering if he had any underlying suspicions, that's all.

Also there aren't a lot of reads to be had at the moment, but you're being awfully prescriptive about how we should play this game.

I lean town on Keane and you, despite the fact you are firing all my "screw you, dad" circuits

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Samfucius posted:

I was wondering if he had any underlying suspicions, that's all.

Also there aren't a lot of reads to be had at the moment, but you're being awfully prescriptive about how we should play this game.

I lean town on Keane and you, despite the fact you are firing all my "screw you, dad" circuits

Thanks. No scum reads yet, then?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Honestly, no.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Can you tell me more about your thoughts about Pander and his line of questioning?

I was a little put off by Pander's early questioning because it felt like the sort of thing that wasn't going to lead anywhere, more like an empty question that was designed to throw some suspicion around and kind of "letting the content come to him" so he could pick it apart later. I don't know if I am explaining that all too well. It didn't sit well with me. Since then he's been ok, I probably feel neutral on him at this point.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Uranium Phoenix posted:

I know it's, like, the weekend, or whatever, but I am severely disappointed with the Rate of Posting (RoP). Let's get this poo poo rolling.

My vote on Uradd's surrogate remains:
##Vote Samfucius
Samfucius, I would recommend posting any reads you have to help rectify this situation.

Hiipfire, I am still waiting on a response.

I think UP is scum. I think he's using this replacement for a super weak vote to ride. He's been acting super "Townie" and helpful, pushing people to post reads. I don't like it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LordVorbis posted:

I think UP is scum. I think he's using this replacement for a super weak vote to ride. He's been acting super "Townie" and helpful, pushing people to post reads. I don't like it.
I think UP is just being a jerk, you look bad for not voting him when you said he was scum imo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello I am dead in all my other games (or the game recently ended.)

Now this game has CCKEANE'S FULL ATTENTION.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

bowmore posted:

I think UP is just being a jerk, you look bad for not voting him when you said he was scum imo

I am, in fact, a jerk, but LV is indeed currently voting for me.

LordVorbis posted:

Playing like town and pushing people to scumhunt is scummy. Got it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Samfucius posted:

This is a good post.

For a scum to make.

In the scum doc.

##vote: Samfucius

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I was a little put off by Pander's early questioning because it felt like the sort of thing that wasn't going to lead anywhere, more like an empty question that was designed to throw some suspicion around and kind of "letting the content come to him" so he could pick it apart later. I don't know if I am explaining that all too well. It didn't sit well with me. Since then he's been ok, I probably feel neutral on him at this point.

I've done stuff since then?

News to me.

In other really weird news I kinda agree with LordVorbis about UP.

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Going back, this is probably the best vote so far. It indicates Uradd is skimming (or not reading) the thread, which is a behavior more often seen with scum.

This reaction seems unnecessarily defensive at this point in the game, and adds to my suspicion.

##Unvote
##Vote Uradd

I'm watching several other people at this point, but this is the only thing I think is worth of a genuine vote.
That bolded part says absolutely nothing. What's it there for except for presentation?

bowmore posted:

Hand-waves LV's case on UP. Lays groundwork for a weak case on LV based on an incorrect technicality. Don't like.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Uranium Phoenix posted:

oh ok, well fair enough then

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Pander posted:

That bolded part says absolutely nothing. What's it there for except for presentation?
Okay, so then why are you focusing on the part that says nothing instead of the case? What do you think of the case on Uradd/Samfucius?

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Pander posted:

Hal posted:

Since then he's been ok, I probably feel neutral on him at this point.

News to me.

Bowmore posted:

Hand-waves LV's case on UP. Lays groundwork for a weak case on LV based on an incorrect technicality. Don't like.

Pander's essentially seeing two instances of the exact same thing: People not paying close attention to the thread. In one instance, Hal, he makes a throwaway comment. One might guess this is because Hal is implying Pander is town. In the other instance, Bowmore, he's seeing a conspiracy to vote someone. Either he has his blinders on, or it's purposeful selectivity.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Pander's essentially seeing two instances of the exact same thing: People not paying close attention to the thread. In one instance, Hal, he makes a throwaway comment. One might guess this is because Hal is implying Pander is town. In the other instance, Bowmore, he's seeing a conspiracy to vote someone. Either he has his blinders on, or it's purposeful selectivity.
1) I wasn't speaking well of Hal. I don't know why he'd go from being suspicious of me to "neutral", because other than a brief back and forth with KFC I've not really posted much this game

2) How are you getting that he's implying I'm town from "neutral"?

3) Are you being aggressive for its own sake? Because this type of lovely casebuilding doesn't ring true.

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Okay, so then why are you focusing on the part that says nothing instead of the case? What do you think of the case on Uradd/Samfucius?
How about we go back a second and you actually answer why you made that statement? Quoting it again in case you forgot.

UP posted:

I'm watching several other people at this point, but this is the only thing I think is worth of a genuine vote.

As far as Sam goes, his question to grandicap about his vote seems like an attempt to nudge grandicap to take it off should it be a jokevote. I don't know sam at all, so if he's new it could be simple paranoia about seeing three votes on him and wanting to whittle it down. I don't think scum are alone in having that motivation. I think he genuinely thinks Keane is town, although he might be buttering you up by calling you town given your pushing on him.

URadd's posting was a lot worse. Uradd didn't seem to have a good handle on jokephase. His second-to-last post seemed to indicate he wanted to retroactively make his jokepost case on keane a legit case. This is reinforced as a self-defense in his very last post.

I wouldn't vote Sam at the moment based on his own posting. Uradd's posting I would vote.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

bowmore posted:

I would get on Keane for trying to drive content from nothing but I feel like that's me being sore that he voted me

so I'm gonna let that go
Read bowmore. Dinged him a couple posts ago but this post I like as towny, so he's cool.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Pander posted:

1) I wasn't speaking well of Hal. I don't know why he'd go from being suspicious of me to "neutral", because other than a brief back and forth with KFC I've not really posted much this game

2) How are you getting that he's implying I'm town from "neutral"?

3) Are you being aggressive for its own sake? Because this type of lovely casebuilding doesn't ring true.
How about we go back a second and you actually answer why you made that statement? Quoting it again in case you forgot.
My goal at this point is to get people to post, because we're more than halfway through Day 1 and we've got jack poo poo for participation right now. Hasn't really worked too well, though, obviously.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

A whole bunch of people don't even have a jokevote down, never mind a real vote:

Votecount for Day 1

Samfucius (2): Uranium Phoenix, CCKeane
Grandicap (1): Rurea
Quidnose (1): Uranium Phoenix, bowmore, Uranium Phoenix
LordVorbis (1): Quidnose
KhyrosFinalCut (1): Pander
Uranium Phoenix (1): bowmore, LordVorbis, bowmore
bowmore (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
Pander (0): CCKeane, bowmore, CCKeane, bowmore, Uranium Phoenix, Uranium Phoenix
CCKeane (0): Pander, Pander

Not Voting (6): fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, HiipFire, KhyrosFinalCut, Samfucius

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 13th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Pander posted:

News to me.

I Agree with UP, above,

I liked the rest of Hal's post, but the bold is a problem for me. -- But what I really don't get is how it isn't a bigger problem for you, Pander.

I'm seriously confused -- What even is this? You know you haven't made a single post since clarifying/reiterating that you wanted to know what I thought of your vote. Why are you letting the bolded BS slide so easily? There hasn't been any meaningful "since then" to be okay with. How are you not hitting this harder?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Samfucius posted:

I'm going to quote this again because I fear it'll get lost in the fold. BUT I WON'T LET IT DANG NABBIT.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I Agree with UP, above,

I liked the rest of Hal's post, but the bold is a problem for me. -- But what I really don't get is how it isn't a bigger problem for you, Pander.

I'm seriously confused -- What even is this? You know you haven't made a single post since clarifying/reiterating that you wanted to know what I thought of your vote. Why are you letting the bolded BS slide so easily? There hasn't been any meaningful "since then" to be okay with. How are you not hitting this harder?
I was thinking to myself about it. I noticed the neutral thing when I was replying to UP and mulled it over a bit. Hard to really say it's an impossible thing. I've posted so little this game that it's NOT unreasonable to be 'neutral' about me, if 'neutral' means 'there isn't enough information to form a strong opinion about this person right now.' It doesn't have to be BS. It CAN be, but it doesn't have to be. It's too early for low posting volume to be a sign of lurking scum, so neutrality is a realistic attitude toward someone in lieu of 'town' or 'scum'.

Why are you going after me about it instead of confronting Hal directly, since you seem to think it's more of a scumtell than I do?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to quote this again because I fear it'll get lost in the fold. BUT I WON'T LET IT DANG NABBIT.

Are you quoting because you too want an answer to it, or because you wish to showcase it's scumminess. Because I am behind option #2.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I would be happy voting KFC and Sam\Uradd at this point.

Someone remind me to put together a KFC case tomorrow when I wake up please. I have a seed of it in my brain, but 1am is not the time to put it together.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pander posted:

I was thinking to myself about it. I noticed the neutral thing when I was replying to UP and mulled it over a bit. Hard to really say it's an impossible thing. I've posted so little this game that it's NOT unreasonable to be 'neutral' about me, if 'neutral' means 'there isn't enough information to form a strong opinion about this person right now.' It doesn't have to be BS. It CAN be, but it doesn't have to be. It's too early for low posting volume to be a sign of lurking scum, so neutrality is a realistic attitude toward someone in lieu of 'town' or 'scum'.
The problem isn't the "neutral" -- the problem is the "since then [i.e. when you were asking me questions] he's been ok" -- refraining from posting has made you okay? I don't think it's a scumtell per se either but I don't see how your non-presence would alleviate the kind of suspicion Hal claimed to have on you.

quote:

Why are you going after me about it instead of confronting Hal directly, since you seem to think it's more of a scumtell than I do?

Because
- I liked every other thing Hal said in that post
- I think it's possible he was confused
- Your tossoff reaction to it is striking me as more scummy than his comment is striking me as scummy. You don't say something like "you're confused/have me mistaken for someone else". You just sarcastically threw shade but there's no teeth. Then like UP says, it's not because you don't pay attention when people aren't reading the thread.

Uradd/sam is still better, I think.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Apology accepted.

What do you think of the case on Uradd?

Anyone you're suspicious of at this point?

I have been kinda half reading this game cause I've been busy with other mafia games finishing up

ill try to get poo poo done tonight

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

bowmore posted:

Already am voting him. Defending your scum buddy?

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Playing like town and pushing people to scumhunt is scummy. Got it.

Its more how you've got like a ton of "what are your opinion posts" it makes me suspicious.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

LordVorbis posted:

Its more how you've got like a ton of "what are your opinion posts" it makes me suspicious.
This game has been going on for 65 hours and we are up to 6 pages, a lot of which is signups and jokes. Why is prodding people to post and move the game out of jokephase "suspicious"?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

News to me.

Haha I guess you hadn't really anything said else, I honestly didn't look back when I was posting that I just remembered being suspicious of what you had said and then not feeling quite as bad after we had our little exchange where you schoolmarmed me and that I hadn't seen anything from you that pinged me since then (which it turns out is because you hadn't actually said anything). How embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Uranium Phoenix posted:

This game has been going on for 65 hours and we are up to 6 pages, a lot of which is signups and jokes. Why is prodding people to post and move the game out of jokephase "suspicious"?

Game has been mostly on the weekend. I hope it will pick up during the weekend.

• Locked thread