Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

I have grown weary of the weight of my p228 and the shortcomings of a Glock 19. Thankfully, I was able to build a transmogrifier from the plans that I acquired from Calvin, Ph. D. as detailed here. http://calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/Transmogrifier

First, the test subjects:

And now to carefully place the equipment on the subjects.

After removing the equipment, I found that I had indeed discovered something quite brilliant. I had combined the best aspects of both subjects into some sort of mutant.

Opening the case which held the resulting mutation appeared to show some sort of afterbirth still present.

After removing the placenta, I found the mutation has a slightly olive drab green quality. I'm assuming this is from the chlorophyll present in the transmogrification field.

Weird, appears to have known the experiment number.

A quick dissection reveals that no form of central nervous system or circuitry is present. A success.

Total Experiment Cost $551.19

The Sig Sauer p320 combines what I feel is the best of both worlds.
+Sig Lite night sights
+A more curved and full grip compared to a Gen 4 Glock
+Grip texturing reminiscent of my p228 (most compare it to an E2 grip, but I have never had an E2 grip to hold.)
+Polymer Frame

I don't care too much about the internal chassis system aside with modularity. Looks like it will be far easier to work on though if a problem should arise. I'm hoping not to have a problem tomorrow as I plan on putting 500rds through it. And I'm not going to clean off the gun lube and grease that it came in until after those 500rds. I expect it to be just a hair bit more "flippy" with the higher bore axis, but considering the trigger is quite consistent and crisp (for a striker fired polymer) I feel that it won't make too much of a difference. Yes, the trigger is quite nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Scientific progress goes boink.

E: Obligatory, BTW.

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 6, 2015

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

This is what happens when G.R.O.S.S. grows up.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Nice. This is the full size pistol? Were the OD guns pricier than the black frame pistols?

One comment I've heard online is that some shooters have issues with trigger slap. Have you shot it yet? Any issues to report?

They seem like pretty well liked guns but are still a bit new to say if they can pose a real challenge to Glock in LE sales. Would be interesting if they did.

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Nice. This is the full size pistol? Were the OD guns pricier than the black frame pistols?

One comment I've heard online is that some shooters have issues with trigger slap. Have you shot it yet? Any issues to report?

They seem like pretty well liked guns but are still a bit new to say if they can pose a real challenge to Glock in LE sales. Would be interesting if they did.

Nope, it's the Compact size. The breakdown is:
-.08" overall length
+.3" overall height
+.2" overall width (thanks to the take down lever)
-.15" barrel length
-.23" sight radius
When compared to a Gen 4 G19.

Actually, this store had a smoking deal that I just couldn't pass up. $519.95 before tax for an OD frame with night sights (both of which usually command a premium). To put it into perspective, my LGS was going to charge $524 for a standard all black with contrast sights. The MSRP on the box for mine says $713

I'll be putting 500rds through it tomorrow afternoon.

Yes, they are still new. Sig is saying that they are making strides in LE sales. I'll be surprised considering how much of a history Glock has, let alone the aftermarket.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

This is a novel new take on a box thread. I dig it!

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

snotball007 posted:

Nope, it's the Compact size. The breakdown is:
-.08" overall length
+.3" overall height
+.2" overall width (thanks to the take down lever)
-.15" barrel length
-.23" sight radius
When compared to a Gen 4 G19.

Actually, this store had a smoking deal that I just couldn't pass up. $519.95 before tax for an OD frame with night sights (both of which usually command a premium). To put it into perspective, my LGS was going to charge $524 for a standard all black with contrast sights. The MSRP on the box for mine says $713

I'll be putting 500rds through it tomorrow afternoon.

Yes, they are still new. Sig is saying that they are making strides in LE sales. I'll be surprised considering how much of a history Glock has, let alone the aftermarket.

Sounds like you got a great price. Are you gonna keep the G19/P228?

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

I don't recommend the carry model. This is from the Owner's Manual.

Click for huge.

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Sounds like you got a great price. Are you gonna keep the G19/P228?

Never hurts to have them in the safe

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

Triple Posting for an update

220rds flawlessly. I did say I was going to put 500rds through it, but I found something out last night. There's this thing called an "owner's manual" that firearms manufacturer's will include with the gun because it actually has stuff in it that is kinda important to know. Turns out that the guide rod has to be put in a certain way on the compact and subcompact models of the p320. I found this out the hard way. Thankfully, after only about half an hour of trying to force the takedown lever last night and giving myself a nice blister on my thumb, I got on YouTube. Turns out all I had to do when this happens was to lift up on the guide rod while pushing down on the takedown lever with the slide locked back (and magazine out of course).

The range was also extremely crappy today as it was raining and humid. I also forgot that Shoot-N-C targets aren't a fan of this weather and fold up on themselves. So I used other people's leftover targets that were still hanging. I must say, I'm incredibly impressed with this pistol. I guess I'm just in love with the trigger at this point. Still going to have to work on my trigger control and get adjusted to it. I was also surprised at how well rapid fire went. I'm going to have to get some silhouette targets and try for another go to see how much of the X ring I can chew out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikon
Apr 22, 2009

There are so many nice carry guns out right now.

• Locked thread