Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want a HD Super Mario Sunshine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I really want a HD Super Mario Sunshine.

This, and fix the blue coins.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

the blue coins are awesome

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i need new metroid that isnt garbage

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

i need new metroid that isnt garbage

Try Other M. It provides a well-woven story with a new perspective into the Metroid canon and is quite an enjoyable gaming experience for a weekend off. Definitely ranks in this gamer's top ten.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

OP is having a great time with games and I'm very glad of it

genuinely not had this much fun with video games in a long while.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VideoGames posted:

do you think id be better suited to it if Id ever played mario 64?

I'd come back to Mario 64 at the end, after playing the other 3D marios. Galaxy is actually one of the friendlier games when it comes to control style, even if some of the specific stars later on in the game have punishing difficulty. I played Sunshine and Galaxy and got so used to the controls, I figured Mario 64 would be a cinch going back to, but goddamn had they not perfected things like "controller sensitivity" or "where to point the camera" yet. I think if you're not used to the 3D games, it might actually be kind of offputting.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I just typed all of those words, about Super Mario games, and I'm a cool person.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

I'd come back to Mario 64 at the end, after playing the other 3D marios. Galaxy is actually one of the friendlier games when it comes to control style, even if some of the specific stars later on in the game have punishing difficulty. I played Sunshine and Galaxy and got so used to the controls, I figured Mario 64 would be a cinch going back to, but goddamn had they not perfected things like "controller sensitivity" or "where to point the camera" yet. I think if you're not used to the 3D games, it might actually be kind of offputting.

i understand.

im in a bit of a unique position due to my complete lack of experience for about two decades of nintendo products. i wondered if missing out means im not able to manage certain things in certain ways.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

shameful

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VideoGames posted:

i understand.

im in a bit of a unique position due to my complete lack of experience for about two decades of nintendo products. i wondered if missing out means im not able to manage certain things in certain ways.

Galaxy definitely does feel a bit awkward at first either way, but FactsAreUseless is right, it starts to feel very fluid after awhile

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When you get good at using the spin to readjust your motion mid jump and nail double wall jumps and stuff is awesome.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I also love when you're getting used to some of the other hard stuff, like blowing the bubble around or rolling the starball or using the blue fling stars, and you suddenly get the hang of it and feel like a boss, flinging Mario all over the galaxy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF2hdfO4vhs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Nintendoland is fabulous. Gonna get me a gathering together and we are gonna go crazy with it!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

come over to my place

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

its been a long number of months, fellow gamers.

and now. i am at the valhalla.

here it is. my haul and the tv which will be displaying the goodness. the skylight reflection is optional.

mario galaxy 1 is in that little case thing.

luigi looks shocked as gently caress at all the mario related stuff surrounding him. dont worry little green italian stereotype, we shall be playing soon.

ahhh the back of mario kart 8...wait what...

russian? the gently caress?

within the box! so neat :>

the gamepad is huge but ridiculously comfortable. nice.

all set up and charging :> gonna be switching on shortly.

THUMBS UP loving WIN

thank you for this. im so happy for you

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

thank you for this. im so happy for you

:love:

having to send back zombiu. the game hangs on load screen. cannot get past the title page. real shame, I was hoping to have a lot of fun with that. i might try and find a used copy as i know that will work

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

VideoGames posted:

:love:

having to send back zombiu. the game hangs on load screen. cannot get past the title page. real shame, I was hoping to have a lot of fun with that. i might try and find a used copy as i know that will work

Play Zombi U on a swivelly office chair so you can quickly scan entire rooms while spinning around like a child

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
so fuckin glad i stuck with Mario Galaxy

also new zombiu will be coming shortly this week. hopefully that one works.

elf help book posted:

come over to my place

definitely if we can do the luigi ghost house game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VideoGames posted:

definitely if we can do the luigi ghost house game

that game is pretty chill and fun. i like that luigi hums along with the music, and gets progressively more scared about humming it as he gets hurt, and also that pressing one of the buttons just makes him go "Mario? Marrrioooooo!"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i actually havent played the luigi game in nintendoland so that would be cool

all my multiplayer with it has been the mario chase game, or the coop games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh I thought you meant Luigi mansion, for the gamecub.e

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Bicyclops posted:

oh I thought you meant Luigi mansion, for the gamecub.e

im gonna play this cause the 3ds one was pretty good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the original luigi's mansion is way better than the 3ds one soy ou are in for a good time

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
a wii u is coming for me on friday. bayonetta 2 will finally be mine

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

klapman posted:

a wii u is coming for me on friday. bayonetta 2 will finally be mine

:hf:

you are in for an awesome time. this has been my best gaming purchase

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

that game is pretty chill and fun. i like that luigi hums along with the music, and gets progressively more scared about humming it as he gets hurt, and also that pressing one of the buttons just makes him go "Mario? Marrrioooooo!"

p-much objectively why luigi's mansion is dope, if anybody is wondering

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If the ghost is really good the luigis have to coordinate to corner the ghost or it will hunt you all down and gently caress you up bad

The Nintendoland multiplayer games have a surprisingly high skill ceiling

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lemming posted:

If the ghost is really good the luigis have to coordinate to corner the ghost or it will hunt you all down and gently caress you up bad

The Nintendoland multiplayer games have a surprisingly high skill ceiling

i cant imagine playing enough of the donkey kong game to actually beat all 4 stages

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

elf help book posted:

i cant imagine playing enough of the donkey kong game to actually beat all 4 stages

The donkey kong game is Nintendo hard

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

VideoGames posted:

:hf:

you are in for an awesome time. this has been my best gaming purchase

its downloading, and even though i've got work for the next two hours, I have a 3 hour break between my split shifts and that means this guy's gonna be running a mile to play this poo poo

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
WiiU day is a good fuckin day

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

klapman posted:

WiiU day is a good fuckin day

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
had mine for just over a week now.

i love it. just watched the trailer for Mario3Dworld and holy gently caress does that look like a fun and polished game. it at the top of my to get list

Dec 26, 2012

its pretty good, the camera throws me off though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

01011001 posted:

its pretty good, the camera throws me off though

yeah depth can be an issue from time ot time

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

VideoGames posted:

had mine for just over a week now.

i love it. just watched the trailer for Mario3Dworld and holy gently caress does that look like a fun and polished game. it at the top of my to get list

a lot of people will disagree with my opinion but i think 3D World is the greatest 3D Mario game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i bought mario party 10 recently and its fun. i have only played it with two others tho not a full party and only on the first two boards. hopefully i will be able to play a full five player bowser mode game soon.

• Locked thread