Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I cannot overstate how excited I am for Mario Maker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Day 2:

6 of 8 cups are now gold in the 50CC. gave 200cc a try and i am poo poo. oh well, I can improve.
NES remix still awesome.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is just more platforming win and the soundtrack is awesome.
Tried a Kirby game (special offer SNES one) it is awesome.

poo poo. gaming heaven

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nY4PoPBtXU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I cannot overstate how excited I am for Mario Maker.

I am feeling really good about this game because of the ability to share levels and download levels with everyone. The Mario fanbase is pretty dedicated and talented as is evident from all of the romhacks that have been made over the years. So there should be some really good stuff out there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I am feeling really good about this game because of the ability to share levels and download levels with everyone. The Mario fanbase is pretty dedicated and talented as is evident from all of the romhacks that have been made over the years. So there should be some really good stuff out there.
Is it all 2-D? I would kill to be able to make Mario 3-D World levels.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

at the moment it is 2D. stuff from SMB1, SMB3, SMW and NSMB.
but apparently there are plans for more modes. so maybe.

it was this game that sold me on saving my money for the wiiu

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, all 2D, but 3D levels in the same fashion is Super Mario 3D World would be really amazing. Maybe something as DLC or a sequel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like that would be way harder to make fun, since 2D stuff will all be straightforward sprite stamping and what not. Adding that third layer of geometry seems like it could be overwhelming

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
theres cute stuff in the trailers that you dont even realize, like they had to make a mario 1 version of wiggler

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like that would be way harder to make fun, since 2D stuff will all be straightforward sprite stamping and what not. Adding that third layer of geometry seems like it could be overwhelming

I think the way to do it would be to break the geometry up into small blocks and then you place one block at a time. Similar idea to the Starcraft 2 editor.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

elf help book posted:

theres cute stuff in the trailers that you dont even realize, like they had to make a mario 1 version of wiggler

God drat it I s going to be awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I hope they have versions of every enemy. I want to fight wart in smb1

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I hope they have versions of every enemy. I want to fight wart in smb1

oh man I wonder if you can do SMB 2 stuff :stare:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, all 2D, but 3D levels in the same fashion is Super Mario 3D World would be really amazing. Maybe something as DLC or a sequel.
3-D World seems like it would be easy, since everything can be built out of placeable blocks just like the 2-D ones.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Mario Maker looks awesome but when do we get DK:C creator or does rare own the old assets? I have a bunch of graph paper maps from childhood in a box just waiting

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

surc posted:

Mario Maker looks awesome but when do we get DK:C creator or does rare own the old assets? I have a bunch of graph paper maps from childhood in a box just waiting
Just buy some modeling clay.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

surc posted:

its right in here sir *points to back of police car*

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got the Mario Kart 8 DLC just now. Excited to see the new tracks.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

I got the Mario Kart 8 DLC just now. Excited to see the new tracks.

You've made a good purchase.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

man nurse posted:

You've made a good purchase.

I got the 1 + 2 pack since I didnt get the first pack to begin with. I want play these online, I really like Mario Kart against other players.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The sunset shore level of Donkey Kong Country Returns is beauitful. this whole game, man.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I played through all of the tracks just now, they are really great.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
trying to play mario gaklaxy.

the second hand disc is scracthed somewhere so it errors now and then.

however, the camera is taking a long while to get used to, and the controls feel weird using the remote/nunchuck. i hope i get used to it. currently, not sure i like a 3d mario so much compared to the 2d platforming

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

however, the camera is taking a long while to get used to, and the controls feel weird using the remote/nunchuck. i hope i get used to it. currently, not sure i like a 3d mario so much compared to the 2d platforming
Galaxy's more about precision and timing than momentum the way the 2-D Marios are. It's why there's no run button. The game as a whole is a lot slower, but once you get it you'll realize how precise and fluid everything is.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Galaxy's more about precision and timing than momentum the way the 2-D Marios are. It's why there's no run button. The game as a whole is a lot slower, but once you get it you'll realize how precise and fluid everything is.

do you think id be better suited to it if Id ever played mario 64?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

VideoGames posted:

its impossible to pick up IMO loving dumb controls. shame on nintendo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

do you think id be better suited to it if Id ever played mario 64?
No, but Mario 64 is closer to a 3-D version of the classic Mario gameplay.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just keep playing though, it'll click. It took me a little while too - I had barely played 64 and never touched Sunshine.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

youre retarded

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
OP is having a great time with games and I'm very glad of it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

youre retarded
Oh come on, that's unf

African AIDS cum posted:

im gonna buy a wii u the day it doesnt come with a gay ipad for a controller. haha ill just wait
Carry on.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

elf help book posted:

youre retarded

it would be better on a normal controller. fact.

Dec 26, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

do you have flippers for hands

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

it would be better on a normal controller. fact.

just buy the Pro Controller.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just been playing some super paper mario and I love it. I don't know what to do with myself there are so many great games

Even gotten the hang of Galaxy but it crashed again. Ordered a brand new disc and returning the second hand one

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I said come in! posted:

just buy the Pro Controller.

you can play mario galaxy with it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

African AIDS cum posted: