Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLRqzTp6Rk

quote:

Prototype Synthetic Combat Humanoid 01 (Psycho)

Aspects
High Concept Prototype Combat Android
Trouble Ghosts In The Machine
Expendable Asset
Child of Mad Science
Efficiency is Everything(?)

Skills
Strength, Athletics, Resolve, Marksmanship +4
Alertness, CQC +2

Stress
Health [][][][]
Stamina [][][][]
Will [][][][]

CONSEQUENCES
Mild
Moderate
Severe

Stunts

Alertness? - Advanced Sensor Pods: Create an Advantage (no free invoke) that takes a Good +3 roll to remove once per scene.

Targeting Matrix: Grant +3 to a specific action (Attack) using a specific skill (Marksmanship) when you pay a fate point.

I Have Detailed Files: Switch ANY skill with a specific skill (Resolve) once per scene at the cost of a fate point (The neural network dredges up some skill that was previously unaccounted for. Who programmed that in?)

Hyper-alloy Combat Chassis: Use a specific skill (Athletics) in a way that lets you ignore multiple laws of physics human limitations once per scene (Not needing to breathe, able to lift heavy objects or fall long distances)

Extras
  1. H&K G36C
  2. H&K G36C
  3. H&K G36C
  4. Combat Vest
  5. Smoke Grenades
  6. 9mm Silencer

Internal status report - all systems nominal. No breach in wet suit. All non-essential communications disabled. All team members accounted for. First priority - secure beach. Simulations clearly state most dangerous part of amphibious insertion is the landing. I go first. Enter the water slowly - submerge fully before moving towards shoreline. Currents, temperature, sharp coral, dangerous fish, unexploded ordinance - any of these things could compromise the mission if not accounted for.

Moving from the sub to the beach.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

P.Sy.C.H-01

"Eliminating the sentries would be a tactically sound decision. Leaving them active risks them flanking us if we encounter opposition further inland. Silenced weapons and knives to reduce the risk of alerting other opposition. I can scale the cliff directly if need be."

The android looks at Lt Silvers, tilting it's head to emulate a curious expression.

"Lieutenant, I will defer to your judgement. Do we engage or avoid?"

Because I lack a stealth skill I'm not going to make the decision for everyone else.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

"Affirmative, Lieutenant."

So to cross the beach I roll my +0 stealth: Crossing the beach: 4dF+0 0 and end up with a wash. Can I invoke the 'predictable searchlights' after the roll?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

In the interests of keeping moving I'll pass on invoking the searchlights and cross the beach to join team 1 with the roll at +0

Sand. The android is not fond of it. It gets into supposedly sealed compartments, affects footing and vision, is harsh and gritty...

Still, crossing the beach is part of the mission, and it must comply.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

"The motion sensors will be set up to detect human movement patterns, otherwise every wild animal would trigger an armed response. I can move in ways that will not trigger a detection response."

By using I have detailed files, allowing me to roll Resolve instead of stealth at the cost of a fate point.

"I can also climb the cliff. But I am not programed to disable the electrical device other than by brute force. Someone would need to guide me through that process."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Resolve (Stealth): 4dF+4 3

Athletics: 4dF+5 5

Infiltration: 4dF+1 -1

Walking without rhythm to fool the motion sensors into thinking nothing more threatening than rain is approaching, Psycho reaches the cliff face and scales it with the uncanny efficiency of a machine. The complicated wiring of the junction box may prove to be more an issue - there are a lot of highly conductive surfaces covered with water up here.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho
Fate Points 1/2. Complications: Severe Power Spike (Med).

code:
Error - damage to tertiary cognition inhibitor. Error - cooling systems at 80% function. 
Error - damage to outer shell, possible breach.

Amber and scarlet status alerts compete for my attention with the panicked requests for information from Dr Oldman, the drumming rain, and the breezy confidence of Lt Silvers on my communications system. That was...poor judgement on my part. Next time the detective can do his own wiring work.

"Dr Oldman, I confirm I am not on fire. I have experienced some damage but it will not impair my mission effectiveness."

A certain degree of bravado can go a long way to building team morale. I raise myself out of the mud, recover my equipment, and rejoin my comrades.

"How shall we procede tothenext objective?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

"Lt Silvers, I can dips...pidsose...dispose of the prisoner. Ifyoupreferto keep him alivethen we need to store him somewhere. I suggest the guardpost."

Diagnostic: Something is wrong with my vocal modulator. How...unfortunate.

"I sug-gest-gest-gest we proceed immediately, before the storm impedes our progrezzzzzzzz"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

"Inspector, if you are not comfortable with risking yourself I can assault the facility directly. Otherwise, Agent Layla's suggestion has merit."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

Did anyone pick up that SMG earlier? if not I'd like to combine SMG and SILENCER to solve the problem of GUARDS

"We have breached the perimeter. We should move swiftly to support Inspector Pirrazo. I will secure the barracks and neutralize resistance."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho
Fate Points 0/2. Complications: Severe Power Spike (Med).

The silenced 9mm pistol is steady in the android's grip as it smoothly, efficiently and accurately places fire on the remaining guards. All possible tactical contingencies are accounted for.

Pistol v Guards: 4dF+4 5, Spending a Fate Point to use Targeting Matrix for a total of 8.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

The alarm has been raised. This increases the likelihood of resistance, but also broadens our tactical options somewhat. Inspector Pirrazo has astutely suggested securing the radio room, which I will proceed to do. Readying my G36 I indicate my intentions to the others and make my way towards my new objective. Unless I meet enemy forces on the way I will execute a dynamic entry.

Tell me about the G36 rifle as Psycho stalks the halls.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

"Affirmative, Agent Pearce. Please stay back, there is a risk that a ricochet could injure you."

The panicked fire of the guard is predictable, easy to avoid. Most humans have very similar stress reactions in combat, and pressing forward rather than falling back is an effective response, demoralizing the opposition.

Athletics to dodge: 4dF+4 4

Closing to within near point blank range I place a neat three round burst onto the center mass of the enemy soldier. Even f he has a trauma plate installed in his body armour the shock will incapacitate him.

Firearms: 4dF+4 6, I'll take the free invocation which adds +2, right?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

"Returning to assist you, stay in cover."

Is that a hint of concern in the electronic voice? Maybe. Servos whine as Psycho runs full tilt back towards the fight, firing from the hip at the shotgun-wielding guard.

Firearms: 4dF+4 6

I'd like to use the Automatic Fire stunt to Pin Down both attackers if possible.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

Lt. Silvers is a good soldier. She should stand up. Soldiers need to stand. Why isn't she standing up? Is she damaged injured seriously? I...could have been faster. I should have absorbed that damage instead. Why did she try and go first? She knows that I am designed to absorb damage to protect human combatants. Inspector Pirazzo is yelling at her, but I suspect he is just reacting to the adrenaline. I do not intervene in their argument - it would not help. Instead I talk directly to her.

"Lt. Silvers, do you need assistance? I can carry you to our designated medical officer if necessary."

That seems like the right thing to say. Routine, calming. Humans find comfort in the familiar, responding to situations they are trained for. But...they should be trained to stay behind me. Can't allow anyone else to be hurt in my place.

When Agent Pierce questions me I am confused.

"My decision making protocols are based on tactical necessity. I responded to the needs of my teammates. 'Self' is not a concern, I am a device for limiting human deaths in combat. I am not programmed to feel...satisfaction. Regret. Self-recrimination. Fear for self/others."

It is not a lie to say that I was not programmed to feel these things. I do not know what they are supposed to feel like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Psycho

Slinging the assault rifle, Psycho helps Alicia to her feet.

"Save reflection for debriefing. Combat is unpredictable. 'Deserve' has nothing to do with standing. You need to stand. "

Agent Pierce's questions are...distracting. There's a microsecond of hesitation before the response, which could just mean that the machine is processing a complicated response.

"The physical and emotional safety of my unit is of importance second only to the mission, Agent Pierce. My concern is a purely practical matter."

Inspector Pirazzo is furthering this interrogation.

"Self-preservation requires a self to preserve, Inspector. I am not programmed to consider myself as having a self. Survival is a tactical priority, not an instinct. It does not outweigh the well-being of my unit. Including you."

If there is any contradiction in that statement, Psycho does not seem to realize it.

• Locked thread