Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I'm shocked that a convicted rapist and generaly viciousl thug is so warmly held in a nation's heart. It's baffling.

His voice is so sweet. And honestly as lovely as the fact is rape just isn't a career killer. Unless your a serial rapist like Darren Sharper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Deadpool posted:

Anna Kendrick was great but Krasinski was robbed.

Well, Krasinsky is also the executive producer and if I remember correctly, co-inventor of the concept, so giving the belt to Anna Kendrick was part of being a good host.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Anyone doubting the potential of this show, here are some brief previews.

Justin Bieber doing Crazy Train in full Ozzy Osbroune make up and outfit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vco8XuwXM6w

Mike Tyson going nuts on Salt n Pepa's Push It in tight leather pants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHM9E6g9YG8

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This is basically my new favorite show. This would be so easy to make terrible but they got the tone and guests perfect.

thrawn527 posted:

Really? Was she better this week? She's been pretty useless thus far, I thought.

Teigen is nearly a black hole of charisma and really the only bad thing about the show. She's obviously hot as hell and looked amazing this last episode, but that's all she's bringing to the table for now. Of course, if she just had a more natural-sounding laugh and was given better material, I'm sure she'd be fine.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

surf rock posted:

This is basically my new favorite show. This would be so easy to make terrible but they got the tone and guests perfect.

Teigen is nearly a black hole of charisma and really the only bad thing about the show. She's obviously hot as hell and looked amazing this last episode, but that's all she's bringing to the table for now. Of course, if she just had a more natural-sounding laugh and was given better material, I'm sure she'd be fine.

Agreed. That's why I was so confused when someone said they brought a lot of entertainment to the show. I just don't see it.

This episode was great, though. I love this silly show, slightly flawed as it is.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Holy poo poo! I never knew I needed this show in my life. I almost wish I hadn't discovered it for another month so I'd have had more to binge watch.

thrawn527 posted:

Agreed. That's why I was so confused when someone said they brought a lot of entertainment to the show. I just don't see it.

She reminds me of how in the '90s, there was always a random, scantily clad kinda dumb bimbo-y co-host on MTV game shows and poo poo. They were basically there for the tits and rear end factor. Jenny McCarthy and Carmen Electra often filled these roles.

I get second hand embarrassment whenever she talks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

KilGrey posted:

Holy poo poo! I never knew I needed this show in my life. I almost wish I hadn't discovered it for another month so I'd have had more to binge watch.

She reminds me of how in the '90s, there was always a random, scantily clad kinda dumb bimbo-y co-host on MTV game shows and poo poo. They were basically there for the tits and rear end factor. Jenny McCarthy and Carmen Electra often filled these roles.

I get second hand embarrassment whenever she talks.

Hey Kari Wuhrer was great! :mad:

Also, I haven't watched a full episode of this show, but the clips I've seen have all been pretty fantastic and it looks like the celebs are just out there having some legit fun.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I think Teigen is funny, f the haters. “I got blunted!”

Her Twitter is also pretty good. Goon confirmed.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Hey Kari Wuhrer was great! :mad:

Well, I did derive a sort of enjoyment from that movie about rolling on canvases while being covered in paint.

I have no idea what Teigen is there for, though.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

pentyne posted:

Justin Bieber doing Crazy Train in full Ozzy Osbroune make up and outfit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vco8XuwXM6w

This might be the coolest thing he's ever done. Like he might seriously redeem himself as a person with this performance. Jesus Christ what a hilarious show.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

LloydDobler posted:

This might be the coolest thing he's ever done. Like he might seriously redeem himself as a person with this performance. Jesus Christ what a hilarious show.

It's bizarre, he actually looks like old school Ozzy for a bit and pulls it off with insanely wide open eyes and the make-up/outfit.

I know there are some much smaller names on the show (Stephen Merchant, the Houghs, etc) but so far it looks like celeb friends have used it to one-up each other as hard as they can. The Emily Blunt/Anne Hathaway episode was pure magic and you could just see from everything Anne was doing that she was there to absolutely destroy Emily's performance.

Most of the articles since the show blew up mention how eager some celebs are to come back and do it again and how hard it initially was to do, but I think in the end a lot of famous people would love to take the chance to get to do a lip-sync musical performance and beat one of their friends/rivals.

For example, Mike Tyson wasn't even pretending to lip-sync much but he was going crazy with the dance moves for Push It, and unless Terry Crews pulls off something completely insane I'd bet that Tyson will win that episode. And it was blatantly obvious that Dwayne Johnson had extensively practiced his lip sync to Shake it Off to nail almost every lyric perfectly.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 21, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As if anyone didn't expect it, the show has been renewed for 20 more episodes.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Deadpool posted:

As if anyone didn't expect it, the show has been renewed for 20 more episodes.

Well guys it was rough going for a few days but our plan to send microphones to the Spike offices worked, we can all breathe now

EDIT: In case you thought every matchup would appeal to you, next week we have Michael Strahan and Hoda Kotb -- The Battle of Two People You Steal Glances At In Your Dentist's Waiting Room.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 23, 2015

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Holy loving poo poo this episode is bananas so far. Mike Tyson's "Push It" has to be epic if it's gonna top Terry Crews ribbon-dancing to Vanessa Carlton.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That was amazing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Just for context, this show approached Mike Tyson and asked him what he wanted to do, and he said "I want to lip sync Salt and Pepa's Push It while dressed like them"

The sky is the limit.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Terry Crew get's 2% cooler everyday.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ok, just discovered this.

There is no :stare: big enough, holy poo poo this is great.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

"I do not posseth nipples" - Mike Tyson

I don't know why, but that made me giggle like a loon. Loved his Mick Jagger moves.

I don't think I've ever seen someone have as much fun doing something as Terry Crews seemed to be having doing this show. His enjoyment was infectious.

Also, LL Cool J is still fine as hell.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Terry Crews for President.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Terry Crews revisiting A Thousand Miles while topless made my week. Good loving lord :aaaaa:

Also come on Mike Tyson was rubbish. I rly don't get his whole deal at all.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
At least he tried it. Balls is one thing Mike isn't short of.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Rocksicles posted:

At least he tried it. Balls is one thing Mike isn't short of.

Going commando in tight pants more than proved that, yes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bown posted:

Why does LL Cool J say that "knock em out of the park, Sal!" thing as his sign-off every week?

Anyone? Google doesn't help and it's just so weird

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bown posted:

Anyone? Google doesn't help and it's just so weird

It's actually "Knock 'em out the box" which should be pretty self explanatory.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
....no? And who is Al?

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

Bown posted:

....no? And who is Al?

it's knock em out the box L, knock em out the box.

Not Al

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Active666 posted:

it's knock em out the box L, knock em out the box.

Not Al

I don't think that really explains anything. I had the same question, and it's still a stupid catchphrase that makes no sense. Who is the "L" he's talking to? Himself?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

It's a reference to one of the best Hip Hop songs of all time Childrens Story by Slick Rick. The outro hook is "knock em out the box, Rick."

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 1, 2015

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

LionYeti posted:

It's a reference to one of the best Hip Hop songs of all time Childresns Story by Slick Rick. The outro hook is "knock em out the box, Rick."

I'll do this one better: https://youtu.be/NXCXVWjSbik

Also, let's get a title change: Michael Strahan vs. Hoda Kotb.

That doesn't warrant an exclamation point.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It merits a :wtc: more than anything else honestly.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It merits a :wtc: more than anything else honestly.

It's a weird casting but it wasn't terrible. It was still fun to watch but definitely the weakest so far.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
As soon as Hoda started doing the spoken word opening of Baby Got Back all I could think was "oh my GAWD mom staaaahhhhhp"

This feeling did not subside

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

As soon as Hoda started doing the spoken word opening of Baby Got Back all I could think was "oh my GAWD mom staaaahhhhhp"

This feeling did not subside

I had to say, she really went all in, which is the point of Lip Sync Battle. Celebs of all ages are doing songs and routines that are shocking and the end result is only a good thing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LionYeti posted:

It's a reference to one of the best Hip Hop songs of all time Childrens Story by Slick Rick. The outro hook is "knock em out the box, Rick."

Ahh yes, definitely "pretty self-explanatory"

edit: especially because the way he phrases it in the show is like the polar opposite of in the song

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 2, 2015

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I need a Terry Crews vs Dwayne Johnson battle ASAP!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Well, tonight you're getting Stephen Mrechant vs. Malin Ackerman, which should work well enough.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Merchant had me laughing pretty hard. This show rules man. I only heard of it because I like Terry Crews on facebook and it linked his Vanessa Carlton thing and holy poo poo

tl;dr show rules im hooked

E: :stare: hahahaha what

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 8, 2015

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Chrissy Teigen with Merchant's cock sock was a "holy goddamn poo poo" moment if I ever saw one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

DivisionPost posted:

Chrissy Teigen with Merchant's cock sock was a "holy goddamn poo poo" moment if I ever saw one.

Yeah I still can't believe I actually saw that happen :stare:

E: i wonder if the sock was planted there and there was actually two :(

• Locked thread