Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Fetus Tree posted:

Yeah I still can't believe I actually saw that happen :stare:

E: i wonder if the sock was planted there and there was actually two :(

No loving way. You'd have to have the balls of a Navy SEAL or the shame of a fruit fly to pitch something like that to Tiegen. If someone did, hats off to him, but my head just can't make that connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It was Stephen Merchant. The man has had all his shame surgically removed.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Stephen Merchant really went for it this week. He earned that victory.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
He's also another executive producer. Dude can do what he wants on his own show.

Although he probably would've done that regardless :allears:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
"Dwayne, Dwayne, you see that belt up there? It's not going home with you." :drat:

This show is magical. :allears:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
2 episodes that were good but not a huge draw, maybe the next 2 will get a bit more hype.

I'm kind of surprised how they're getting the original artists to show up. I thought J.Lo was going to be a one off then suddenly Bell Biv Davoe and Megan Trainor shows up. This could send the ratings through the roof if people think they might be able to see the actual artists show up to join the celebs.

Also, Derek Hough looked genuinely uncomfortable watching his sister perform "I Just Had Sex" which made it even better, like when John Legend did his bit.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 15, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That performance of "I Just Had Sex" is up there with "Wrecking Ball" and "A Thousand Miles" for my favorite performance of the season so far.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Watching the Hough siblings ep now. I'm an Aussie and, as such, don't rly know these people, but gotta say I'm enjoying it. I didn't even bother with the previous episode. It also probably helps that they're both quite nice to look at :allears:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bubblelubble posted:

Watching the Hough siblings ep now. I'm an Aussie and, as such, don't rly know these people, but gotta say I'm enjoying it. I didn't even bother with the previous episode. It also probably helps that they're both quite nice to look at :allears:

It's not just you, I live in america and have never heard of either of them

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Julianne Hough is a judge on Dancing with the Stars, but other than that I have no idea. I have only seen the first two episodes of this show because I somehow forgot about it..time to catch up on youtube!

Edit:

Just caught up to dick sock...:wtc:

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 29, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Darn Queen Latifah, having the artist of the song perform with her. :rolleyes:

I loved this week's episode. I'm sad we have to wait until July 9th for the next episode.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I forgot about this show too. Its hilarious to me that spike managed to put on such a kickass actual legit show

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

I forgot about this show too. Its hilarious to me that spike managed to put on such a kickass actual legit show

What's more hilarious is NBC completely passed on it and that network is basically a dumpster fire.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

pentyne posted:

What's more hilarious is NBC completely passed on it and that network is basically a dumpster fire.

Yeah that is more hilarious actually since it made me lol

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Senerio posted:

Darn Queen Latifah, having the artist of the song perform with her. :rolleyes:

I loved this week's episode. I'm sad we have to wait until July 9th for the next episode.

Queen Latifah is awesome but that bit did feel a little like she was pandering to LL Cool J.

The show is always best when the 'contestants' mix it up though, Latifah and Marlon were great. Eps like the Salt & Peppa one not so much.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Rock the Bells is such an epic track though.

Full 7+ minute version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGabHGJAHfc

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 31, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Getting singers who have probably mimed a million videos kinda sucks.

No more singers.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Getting singers who have probably mimed a million videos kinda sucks.

No more singers.

I'm down with this.

They could do ridiculous theme episodes. Like, have the dudes that played the vampire and werewolf love interests from those lovely glitter-vampire movies in an episode together.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Just have every week be Merchant vs Crews.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

wukkar posted:

Just have every week be Merchant vs Crews.

Finale has to be Crews vs Rock though

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

WarLocke posted:

Finale has to be Crews vs Rock though

Pretty sure the volume of baby oil they'd demand between the two of them is illegal indoors without industrial strength ventilation.

Edit: vvvvvv I could see Jennifer Lawrence tearing it up, and was all set to make a snide comment about how Kristen Stewart can't emote enough to lip synch, but her doing some Radiohead or Smashing Pumpkins listlessly might actually be pretty funny in its own right.

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 31, 2015

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

WarLocke posted:

Queen Latifah is awesome but that bit did feel a little like she was pandering to LL Cool J.

I think because those two came up together, are tighter than tight, and she wanted to do something cool for him.

WarLocke posted:

They could do ridiculous theme episodes. Like, have the dudes that played the vampire and werewolf love interests from those lovely glitter-vampire movies in an episode together.

That would be fun (and they're apparently doing a theme episode in the next batch: Terence Howard vs. Taraji P. Henson). You know what else would kill? Jennifer Lawrence vs. Kristen Stewart.

Anyway, I did a thing. I'm happy to leave it and just run it with a couple of friends in IRC when I'm/we're bored, but if you guys are interested, I'd be willing to knock out a few Google Forms and settle this. (You can also bitch at me about the seeding, but just for the record: winners got priority. Which is why Hoda Kotb is seeded 10th when she probably deserves 20th.)

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
they should have hugh jackman vs robert downy jr

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Rocksicles posted:

Terry Crews for President.

President Camacho for 4 more years!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
poo poo. I know poo poo's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

poo poo. I know poo poo's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution.

We got our man not sure over here, and he's gonna solve aaaaaalllllllllllll our problems.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Emma stone going to be on this? Her lip sync is the best i've ever seen and funny as hell. I wach this like once a week. Her vs rock is basically best two.

sure most of you have seen this

Emma stone vcs jimmy fallon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBSoC_2IY8

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's saving it for our wedding, so back the gently caress off. :colbert:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Meowbot posted:

Emma stone going to be on this? Her lip sync is the best i've ever seen and funny as hell. I wach this like once a week. Her vs rock is basically best two.

sure most of you have seen this

Emma stone vcs jimmy fallon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBSoC_2IY8

Please don't tease me about Emma Stone being on this show :swoon:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

WarLocke posted:

Please don't tease me about Emma Stone being on this show :swoon:

Seriously, cursory Google searches have bought me nothing. Does anyone have an article or tweet confirming this?

And if she is on the show, I hope they paired her up with somebody who can match her commitment because drat.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

DivisionPost posted:

Seriously, cursory Google searches have bought me nothing. Does anyone have an article or tweet confirming this?

And if she is on the show, I hope they paired her up with somebody who can match her commitment because drat.

Well, the person that matched her on Jimmy Fallon's show was Paul Rudd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvMeYEwWGQ

But, I don't think Meowbot was implying that Emma Stone would be on the show. Just that she should be.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DivisionPost posted:

Capt. Sticl posted:

Well, the person that matched her on Jimmy Fallon's show was Paul Rudd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvMeYEwWGQ

But, I don't think Meowbot was implying that Emma Stone would be on the show. Just that she should be.

Yeah, the post mentioning her just said they wanted her on, not that she was going to be on.

Also, agreed, Paul Rudd was amazing. He, Emma Stone, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Stephen Merchant (his single ladies performance) are my all time favorites.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
July 9: Alison Brie vs. Will Arnett (:aaa:)
July 16: Justin Bieber vs. Deion Sanders
July 23: Andy Cohen vs. Willie Geist
July 30: Victoria Justice vs. Gregg Sulkin
August 6: Abbi Jacobson vs. Ilana Glazer (:aaaaa:)
August 13: Iggy Azalea vs. Nick Young (:jerkbag:)
August 20: 2-Part Season Finale
Terrence Howard vs. Taraji P. Henson (Part 1) (10pm)
Terrence Howard vs. Taraji P. Henson (Part 2) (10:30pm)

Edited to include source: http://www.tvtango.com/series/lip_sync_battle

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 24, 2015

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

DivisionPost posted:

July 9: Alison Brie vs. Will Arnett (:aaa:)
July 16: Justin Bieber vs. Deion Sanders
July 23: Andy Cohen vs. Willie Geist
July 30: Victoria Justice vs. Gregg Sulkin
August 6: Abbi Jacobson vs. Ilana Glazer (:aaaaa:)
August 13: Iggy Azalea vs. Nick Young (:jerkbag:)
August 20: 2-Part Season Finale
Terrence Howard vs. Taraji P. Henson (Part 1) (10pm)
Terrence Howard vs. Taraji P. Henson (Part 2) (10:30pm)

Edited to include source: http://www.tvtango.com/series/lip_sync_battle

The last three don't appeal, the rest look pretty awesome, and holy poo poo I can't wait for Will Arnett/Allison Brie

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
drat I wish they'd spread out the big A-listers a lot better because the only one of those I'm looking forward to (and know both celebs) is Brie and Arnett, which should be fantastic.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
im excited for deion sanders

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Does the guy ever win when its guy vs girl? Seems p hosed up they all just win on sex, wtf???

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Does the guy ever win when its guy vs girl? Seems p hosed up they all just win on sex, wtf???

Stephen Merchant won over Malin Ackerman.

And in this case, Brie deserved that win. She just ran ripshit riot over Arnett.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

DivisionPost posted:

Stephen Merchant won over Malin Ackerman.

And in this case, Brie deserved that win. She just ran ripshit riot over Arnett.

I honestly thought they were both disappointing. Their lip syncing wasn't spectacular, Will Arnett chose kinda lazy songs to do, and their respective productions seemed boring. Their end gags were alright I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Soylentbits posted:

I honestly thought they were both disappointing. Their lip syncing wasn't spectacular, Will Arnett chose kinda lazy songs to do, and their respective productions seemed boring. Their end gags were alright I guess.

Yeah, watching two old has-beens phoning it in was kinda sad.

• Locked thread