Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm not entirely sure this works as a 30 minute show. I loved it on The Tonight Show, but here the trash talking seems super forced and awkward, the commentary bits are terrible, and Chrissy Tiegen is adding nothing of value. They also somehow manage to do fewer songs in 30 minutes (4) than Jimmy Fallon would do in one segment of The Tonight Show (usually 6). It's screams of, "We have 10 minutes of content, so let's stretch this out a bit."

I like the songs themselves, but I'll probably just fast forward past everything else. My favorite part was the commercial they showed on the OnDemand version that had Stephen Merchant doing a bit in...that outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

pentyne posted:

Also, for a pretty face, Chrissy Teigen does a pretty great job just hanging out and chatting with LL Cool J. She actually brings a lot of entertainment to the show.

Really? Was she better this week? She's been pretty useless thus far, I thought.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

surf rock posted:

This is basically my new favorite show. This would be so easy to make terrible but they got the tone and guests perfect.

Teigen is nearly a black hole of charisma and really the only bad thing about the show. She's obviously hot as hell and looked amazing this last episode, but that's all she's bringing to the table for now. Of course, if she just had a more natural-sounding laugh and was given better material, I'm sure she'd be fine.

Agreed. That's why I was so confused when someone said they brought a lot of entertainment to the show. I just don't see it.

This episode was great, though. I love this silly show, slightly flawed as it is.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

DivisionPost posted:

Seriously, cursory Google searches have bought me nothing. Does anyone have an article or tweet confirming this?

And if she is on the show, I hope they paired her up with somebody who can match her commitment because drat.

Capt. Sticl posted:

Well, the person that matched her on Jimmy Fallon's show was Paul Rudd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvMeYEwWGQ

But, I don't think Meowbot was implying that Emma Stone would be on the show. Just that she should be.

Yeah, the post mentioning her just said they wanted her on, not that she was going to be on.

Also, agreed, Paul Rudd was amazing. He, Emma Stone, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Stephen Merchant (his single ladies performance) are my all time favorites.

• Locked thread