Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerny
Apr 6, 2015

Here's a thread for posting digital art. Stuff you've made with drawing programs and tablets.

Only rule I can think of is no traditional art or pixel art, as there's already threads for that!

Finished works as well as WIPs are welcome! Let's see what ya got!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Here are some of mine. Each is drawn using Sketchbook Pro on a 10.1 Samsung Galaxy Note tablet. For anyone looking at tablets for art, most sites won't tell you but the Note series has a Wacom interface. The S Pen registers 1000 degrees of pressure so you can draw some really loving amazing stuff. The tablet works with a bunch of different Wacom styluses; I use an old duct-tapedToshiba one because it's comfy. Sketchbook Pro is a really great and inexpensive program, it has brushes and layers and you can kinda tweak it where needed to get a lot of different textures and stuff.

Anyway.

Link to my last one since it's huge and Imgur artifacts it bad. NWS for girls making out: http://oleary.ink/gallery/104fe310e94ab09a143fc1f96b7396dc_gallery.jpg

Scathach fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 7, 2015

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Work in progress, been working on this off and on for like 2 years now.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

spent 2 hours on this yesterday. planning to refine and have it ready for the juried art show coming up in late May-early June

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!
This is the first fully colored thing I've ever made so far with my Intuos. I'm still learning.

They're Yuki and Roxie Road from MySims.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

more progress. starting to look more defined and understandable now.
creepier too, I hope.

EDIT: now with more hints of it being a void space.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 18, 2015

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Finally.

Can't call god on this phone because it's surrounded by burds.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
probably going to change the upper left and darken the floor and some other things. It's a level for a game. Any critique is welcome.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Nude posted:

probably going to change the upper left and darken the floor and some other things. It's a level for a game. Any critique is welcome.

I would say the texture sharpness is inconsistent - as in it looks blurry or would read as out of focus in certain areas. Choose a reference point and keep it consistent (I would choose the bottom right corner rocks)

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Pentagrams, spandex, and Cathy Lee Crosby are the only things I care about.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I would've liked to have posted these in the traditional art thread since that's how they started out, but seeing as how I inked them digitally it relegates them here!

It's okay, you're all good folk.

EDIT: This one's new, and NSFW http://i.imgur.com/Pyglj1z.png

I hope you guys like the robit particularly. I worked hard on the robit.

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 26, 2015

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
http://catmint-sketchbook.tumblr.com/image/116873080861

I am currently working on improving my lighting/shadow rendering. What do you guys think?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Fyadophobic posted:

I am currently working on improving my lighting/shadow rendering. What do you guys think?

Looks solid to me. Anything in particular you're trying to improve?

Would like to know if anyone has any advice/opinions about this too. It's a level in a game for context.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I tried experimenting with drawing cartoons in a semi-realistic sorta style.

I've got an notebook that is almost full of Pearl noses.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Nude posted:

Looks solid to me. Anything in particular you're trying to improve?

Would like to know if anyone has any advice/opinions about this too. It's a level in a game for context.

Right now I'm mainly trying to practice drawing the eye to the focal point with light & shadow, and rendering solid-looking objects in general. Thanks for taking a look!

Your game level looks good too, but if it were up to me I would make the background a little darker for better contrast. Of course, it could just be my crappy monitor talking.

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE NAZIS?

Fyadophobic posted:

I'd say you need to work on your hatching but looking at the sketchbook its really the digital medium screwing with you. Did something with the drawing if thats ok here

Using my faux watercolor brush, uh painted the ground green.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

loga mira posted:

I'd say you need to work on your hatching but looking at the sketchbook its really the digital medium screwing with you. Did something with the drawing if thats ok here

Using my faux watercolor brush, uh painted the ground green.

Haha, woah! It feels cool and weird to see someone else's interpretation of something I drew. I see what you mean about the hatching now. Thanks!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

President Kucinich posted:

Finally.

Can't call god on this phone because it's surrounded by burds.

This is weird and spooky and I love it.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

I don't know how I feel about this. Prolly could have used A LOT more man rear end.

Scathach posted:

This is weird and spooky and I love it.

gently caress Yeah!

Beelzebub
Apr 17, 2002

In the event that you make sense, I will still send you to the 7th circle.
Here's a dump of some of my digital stuff.

Beelzebub fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 22, 2016

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Beelzebub posted:

"this is all really bad please stop" - me, on opposite day 2009.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Beelzebub posted:

You sir, are ridiculous.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Beelzebub posted:

Oh hey, I remember seeing this when it was first being done and people were offering redlines and colour advice. Came out real nice.

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

Man that horse's knees look like bendy straws. The nostril looks like a hole and whatever is going on in the back. Someone familiar with human anatomy would not draw a horse's legs like that, since they know how a knee works, and that part of the foreleg looks on the surface very similar to that. So basically study study stud y.

For inspiration

noggut
Jan 15, 2008
^You must be an incredible painter. Post some of your stuff.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

noggut posted:

shut up. it's valid critique and you dont have to be better than someone to notice perspective or anatomy issues.

It's great work beelzebub!

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

noggut posted:

Clearly you must be a chef to know when food tastes like poo poo.

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

noggut posted:

Eh I'm not even a painter, doesn't take a painter to know that horses got nice big knees. Artists like to exaggerate them also eyes and nostrils, and mane. Arthur Hale, the lessons from the masters guy, talks about similarities between human and equine anatomy in his video lectures that some American schooll sells for like $800, that may be a good start. Doodling walking tanks in clip studio right now

noggut
Jan 15, 2008
It wasn't invalid critique, and yeah, you don't have to be a painter to critique something. But when you put it in those words as a reply to someone complimenting a painting it just looks petty rather than intended to help.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

noggut posted:

It wasn't invalid critique, and yeah, you don't have to be a painter to critique something. But when you put it in those words as a reply to someone complimenting a painting it just looks petty rather than intended to help.

he didnt sound petty at all. please shut up

Beelzebub
Apr 17, 2002

In the event that you make sense, I will still send you to the 7th circle.
Did some more work on this one based on the feedback above.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Well, while we are critiquing, something about her arm looks off to me, but I'm not sure what it is. Other than that, I dig it.

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

Beelzebub posted:

Nice.

Was gonna draw somthing in Procreate with my new stylus but compatibility issues, another Clip Studio qkey

Im waiting fore some reclusive goon artist to post his poo poo and blow everyones fuckn mind.

Springly
Dec 10, 2011

Beelzebub posted:

Sweet as. I'm not suggesting you change it now but in future this is how you hold reins. What she's doing it would slip through her hands, and I think it's adding to the slight weakness of her arms. They also feel kinda... too long, for the foreshortened angle they're at? And I don't really understand the slope of her shoulders - it's what might happen if she were about to lose her balance or if she was yanking hard to turn the horse towards the flame. Another horse nerd thing is that her saddle cannot support her sitting down like that when the horse is rearing - she'd have to stand up in her stirrups more. Currently she's in danger of sliding off it's rear end.

As a side note, I would really like to see her looking at... something? She's looking towards where the horse is facing but her head is facing the flames. Seems unlikely she wouldn't be looking at the flames given they're right there, or if there is something important out of frame it would be more intense if she were really rolling her eyes hard to the side to see it. As it is she looks slightly dazed. This is a dirty paintover of what I would change (grain of salt yada yada).

Anyways I actually really like it, especially the rendering of the background and horse, and the gaps to that sienna colour. It feels really traditional.

content

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.
So the left side was drawn about the time I had mostly worked out how to translate a few years of still life drawing into mostly anatomically correct comic style character design, and the right side is I am now substantially better at line work, but still working on it.

I've been drawing on the Cintiq for about a year now whenever I can summon both motivation and time, and my still life was always both crap and time consuming, so I think I'm doing pretty well, but I've now hit the point to where I realize I am not as bad as some but still terrible. :)

Also - the right side is my one-hour daily from last night. The left side probably took me ten hours to sketch out a few months back.

So people who think they suck and probably do, it gets better, but only in progressive degrees of "I suck less".

Other stuff:

Used last week to explain to someone how I was doing shading.

The original character ref for that character next to a sketch used for something else.

Unfortunately throughout almost my entire progression of inking/line work skill buildup so far, I didn't bother saving images.

Edit: I'm using Clip Studio Paint EX on a 24" Cintiq Touch HD. Forgot to note. (This is one of those I have money not time hobbies.)

windex fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 21, 2015

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hey there, didn't know there was a thread like this! I like to paint from time to time; not good enough to keep up with the heavyweights out there, so I just doodle on my Nintendo 3DS. Here's some of my silly artwork:

Drawn using Colors!3D software

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Sketch Sketch, forever sketch.
putting down ideas for a comic, still lots more design work to do.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

I don't care for double posting but this kinda turned out pretty nice, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Kinda awkward upskirt/mound area you got going on there. Unless your intent was to sexualize the robot I guess, otherwise it's a bit distracting.