Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

Or it's just common sense rather than just expecting to go off of 'it looks like a barbie doll, fix it' and literally nothing else. You don't have to do all those things at once (according your lovely hyperbole) but atleast acting like a human being and not a prick certainly helps.

but here we are, bowing down to a special snowflake because they're upset at a picture of a lady with 4 boobs.

why do robots need panties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Just some needlessly aggressive thing for people who want to get their crabby rocks off.

"but what if YOU are the masturbaters"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

Also the character with the 'big child like eyes' doesn't have any sexuality to it and I explicitly was trying to go against that.

you just accidentally drew her with a pubic mound and panties because how can you not right, i mean look at that sexy as bich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

according to south park,

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Can't rebut him, huh.

That's okay.

christopher hitchens is loving dead hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

nobody needs to own him his own body did that for us

Alaois fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 2, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

So you can't? Alright. I guess that's fine.

christopher hitchens was a massive loving idiot who thought that women couldn't be funny because of evolution, that a woman's place was at home raising children and should never work, and was anti-abortion.

why the gently caress should anyone care what he has to say about objectification or any other issue relating to women.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elsa posted:

This is a good point. Like if I said I was waiting to see who would eat the next page starter and I was not disappointed.

and YOU are a disgusting creep who seems to have attempted to "lean-in" to that fact and make it some kind of weird posting gimmick, I guess under the assumption that if you just lay all your creepiness on the table nobody can make fun of you for it or something.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

They speak pretty well. They're entire scenes that everyone has access to.

"They're irrelevant because they're old."

Well, Nuh Uh Times Infinity to that.

so you didn't actually plan for anyone to engage the clip you posted because you didn't actually say anything to refute what I posted

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crap posted:

you should visit r/redpill my dude

why would he need to, he's already so euphoric

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

You cherrypicked fanart.

wow, look at this fake fan over here, can't even recognize official art when he sees it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

19 pages a week.

Look at any given chapter of One Piece and take note of the unusually high panel-to-page ratio. And how dense each panel tends to be.

The quality of the artstyle is going to suffer for decisions like these, but they're decisions made very well. People connect with One Piece, despite it's length.

how come he draws every woman the same but manages to draw an incredibly varied amount of bodies for the male characters, and you can't just say "19 pages a week"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im glad the conversation is now on overwatch, a game troposphere definitely created herself, instead of on how loving creepy you losers are

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't like design choices made for female characters in both overwatch and one piece. i think you can also like and even enjoy media that has poor choices in female character design, but all of this relies on acknowledging the problems and when you are control of the media (like say ur own art) working to move past that. fixing problems can even be done with media you don't have direct control over, like Troposphere's appreciation of what the overwatch fandom has done to resuscitate black widow's character. This also requires someone to recognize female objectification is real and be aware of what male gaze is in this 2016th year of our anime jesus because seriously wtf.

a dead idiot said it didn't exist 20 years ago, get with the times

Alaois fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 3, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

I honestly thought people left this term for dead.

What absolute twaddle. Imagine the opposite, and how stupid that would sound to you.

Why should we consider Christopher Hitchens to be an authority on this matter.

Why does Oda's schedule mean he can only draw one female body type but vary the types of male bodies.

Answer these two questions without being a dismissive shithead about them.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Rare that people complain about it. Because either one just plain isn't a big deal.

Who cares?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc91S11U3eo

WHO CARES?

Have your fun. A happier society this makes.

Answer my questions you stupid piece of poo poo.

You do nothing but bemoan that nobody will engage you and are just trying to "troll" or "intimidate" you but you continually ignore me asking you actual legitimate questions.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

It's FINE.

It explores a curiousity.

Here's the great news: Jack Thompson was a loving moron who got causality BACKWARDS. Violence has been going down for decades. And in those decades, video games were first born.

Fiction is a ventilator. It satisfies curiosities, and doesn't stoke new ones into existence.

No, seriously.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything anyone has said in this conversation except the voices in your head.

Answer my questions.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

Humanity used to have plays in which the death of a character meant an actor straight up got killed on stage. now we're at a point where they don't even need actors to make a story about death except for voices.

Things continue to get better every day by the way of progress but i don't think small people can change a problem that's caused by entities significantly bigger than us if it continues to sell.

are we just playing free association now or did you have a stroke

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

I can answer only one of those questions because tbh I have no idea who the gently caress Christopher Hitchens is or why he matters.

I don't know enough about One Piece to say much but if Oda draws dudes more and has them more focused on in the story then I get this feeling that he
A: doesn't know how to draw women well, which is actually a problem with some manga artists in general which leads to
B: he may not enjoy drawing them and just wants to draw goofy characters doing goofy things.
C: maybe even both.

Not being an expert on that series cuz I don't watch or read it, but the scenes i HAVE seen are almost exclusively focused on making a tense scene with some really silly bullshit happening. I could totally believe that he just doesn't know how to or just doesn't enjoy drawing women. It's even a possibility that publishers can straight up force artists to do different things or make more characters to bring in more readers. Akira Toriyama considers the entire Buu saga non-canon because he was writing a bunch of these scenarios for Piccolo, but publishers pushed him to change the stories to instead focus on Vegeta, a character he openly dislikes.

I think he enjoys drawing them very much, considering that he married a woman who played Nami in a live show.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

When the really good art starts getting posted, that's when everyone goes quiet as a church mouse.

And it's very, very good.

everyone goes as quiet as you do when someone actually demands you respond to their questions.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

wait who did that

Ya 4channer buddy scribbs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

I too would like it if everyone would be polite and on topic.

But they aren't really held accountable for it when they don't. And some spades need to be called spades.

do you run every post through google translate 6 times or do you actually communicate with people in real life this way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

I've been mostly over this poo poo for a long while now, i just want to poke fun at troposphere and crap every now and then. elsa and scribble though...
hm.

*covers face in poo poo*

Now see, I just wanna make fun of the people laughing at me for covering my face in poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colon Semicolon posted:

I answered your questions dork and I did a good enough job of it that you didn't have anything to say about it.

Probably because I wasn't asking you those questions.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elsa posted:

ugh don't make these posts unless you're trying to aggravate someone by calling attention to someone else being "on your side."

It's happened on the DL for the last couple pages but I expect more from you

There's even a word for it (cheerleading) and it's a probatable offense in D&D

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

scribblehatch i legitimately want to know, is english your first language

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Why aren't people given the benefit of the doubt that they aren't sexist or racist, and don't see transgendered folk as lesser people?

There's just no point getting very specific. Lame jokes always suck.

Consult your nearest box of popsicles for proof.

Is english your first language

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Is this considered a comeback now..?

No, you loving moron! Nobody can parse what you're trying to say! It is impossible to hold a conversation with you because your method of writing is confusing at best! We are trying to work out your intentions and you are making that actually impossible!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Is English your second language? Are you cripplingly autistic? Are you trying to act like an anime villain or something? Why can you not just talk like a regular loving human being?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Treat people with dignity. But joke about whatever you want. But please, please work on your material.

Agreeable?

You are a loving neutron star

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wants to gently caress robots 2 posted:

Tracer would look cute with a second trimester tummy under that jacket

it doesn't matter how much you lean into being a creepy rear end in a top hat with no filter, you're still a creepy rear end in a top hat with no filter

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

Dude. Seriously Dude. I'm gonna be serious here. That is not what you said.

When you say you are taking all of the "modern nouns" like transwoman out of the statement, you imply that transpeople are a modern invention, that is you are saying that before now they did not exist. I want to believe that is not what you implied but that's what the words you string together said. There are plenty of people out there who say this and mean it 100% (and these people often say the same about gay people too) and it is indeed a very offensive statement. If you don't see how your words might be seen in that way, it might be a language issue which is why people are asking if English is your first language. Words matter, communication matters, context matters. You are an artist! Visual communication is what we do and you should understand the importance of good communication.

If people take something in a way that you didn't intend that sucks but doubling down will never help. An apology and an effort to fix it will work much better. Just a little humility and a willingness to approach something from another person's point of view goes a long loving way.

Also using a marginalized group as the punch line of a joke is a special kind of irredeemable awful and some lame jokes (dad jokes made by an actual dad for instance) are really endearing. So I don't know how you can put those two things in the same category. Again, context is really important.

im sorry, can you phrase this post in the form of a big tittie lady? that's something scribblehatch can understand

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Oh do not lie to people about this. Apologies put blood in the water.

No one should apologize when they aren't wrong.

EDIT: Wow I just hit quote instead of edit. Dammit.

are you convinced you're still posting on 4chan right now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Diabetes Forecast posted:

I'm... not really gonna agree with that. sometimes a penis is just a penis and adding a penis as a joke is just adding a penis as a joke.

thank you for your authority on the matter, guy who bolts titties onto a robot so he can masturbate to them

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's not invalidating anything, where do you get it has to invalidate someone?

the gently caress else are you doing by constantly shooting back with "well MY GIRLFRIEND doesn't think so"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

So don't, I guess. Just like all the other times you didn't.

But be sure to tell me that. Like all the other times you did.

if she did you just wouldn't respond or say some incomprehensible one-liner so what's the loving point

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

YOU.
loving.
NAILED IT.

For once, that's PRECISELY what I meant and you didn't misrepresent me in the slightest.

And we just disagree.

Well, okay!

I'll take it.

And it's the stupidest loving thing you've said in the whole thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's really not that hard to not offend someone you just have to like

not be an insanely gross creep??????

and yet this is somehow and insurmountable hurdle?????????????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Yes!

Precisely!

That's the only way it is!

I am not straight, and that's exactly it.

hi milo, how's it going after getting banned from twitter

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only creep I see is that breakdancing weirdo in your avatar here like god who gets a mohawk like that?

you shut your loving mouth about Duck King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WEBSTERS DICTIONARY STATES *gets dumped into a garbage can*