Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

windex posted:

I think the reason we're all here is because the number of chill art communities is non-existent.

Or at least, mostly. I've seen some rumblings from others in this/the making comics/the self-taught thread but I hear just as much criticism hurled at the same site(s) so it's hard to tell.

Art related, fixed most of my head issues last night, need to bring the hair in closer to the skull but we're getting closer to viable.

Note that I change facial expressions on characters constantly while drawing them for my own amusement and am not sold on this one.

-You aren't drawing hands or feet. If your hands suck, draw hands more.

-This is almost entirely contour. That's okay for finished line art, but you really should try drawing in box forms and cylinders to really push the idea of this figure as a 3d object. I want to see the sides of the kneecap and the inside of the elbow, the curve of the shoulder and armpit, and the general mass of the torso. The right boob stops at the bottom of the arm, it should continue up a little bit. Also, the right boob is clipping through the left.

-Your lines seem really, I don't know, labored? How long did this take? If it's a while, you might benefit from more gesture drawing - 60 seconds at posemaniacs/quickpose. Do a lot of these. Like, a lot.

-Save facial expressions for last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Nice Akira/Half-Life elevator.