Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I would've liked to have posted these in the traditional art thread since that's how they started out, but seeing as how I inked them digitally it relegates them here!

It's okay, you're all good folk.

EDIT: This one's new, and NSFW http://i.imgur.com/Pyglj1z.png

I hope you guys like the robit particularly. I worked hard on the robit.

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Beelzebub posted:

Here's a dump of some of my digital stuff.
You sir, are ridiculous.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

So these are all from the past week.

The last pic is the only one not referenced from a tropical photo. I'm growing increasingly weary with how tumblr artists are expected to signalboost.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Hey thanks man.

And yeah. What I find odd is that there just plain isn't a good go-to art site right now. We're all using Tumblr because Deviantart is too bloated and busted to use. It's the modern-Simpsons version of itself at this point. But Tumblr isn't an art site at all. There is no Rocky story happening there.

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 3, 2015

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

So...

Splatterai? Ronink? Help me out here.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

This much sounds completely agreeable. Good, hospitable folk, I imagine.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Is there a gene ubiquitous to the human population that feels repulsed every time an artist or teacher is paid a decent wage?

Why does this poo poo happen so often?

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

The general populace does think it's a good idea. But we're not living in an actual democracy right now.

Anyhoo.

War Sylph.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I am still making Chaos in the Tropics, the comic formerly known as Kiki, yes.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I have drawn conjoined island goddesses of sea and sky.

And a chipper young gardener lady from a world of simian-people.

Ooh I think you've got a real knack for mecha. I can imagine having a toy of this and being able to move the joints anywhere within reason. I like it!

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

all your female anatomy looks like barbie dolls. if you're going to draw such blatant fap material at least change up the body types once in a while. that is My Opinion.
Don't be rude.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

You're accusing him of having a thin skin...?

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I just told you not to be rude. Which you shouldn't be. It will never make your life easier.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Yes, Szmitten is the correct-est fellow so far.

Tropo, I don't think our subject matter interests one another. You have to realize this is okay. You wouldn't enjoy it if I were as antagonizing to your artwork with my own specific set of values. And I wouldn't do it, because turnabout is fair play. I'm not interested in addressing art the way you do. All I see is fury. I mean has this ever worked out for you? Shouting at people to change their stripes? I'm not closed to any idea, but the discourse has to be all peace and love, or it's never going to work.

I've been in real life critiques, and it's the capital reason I don't put much stock in your own story. Where I was, people pinned their works to a corkboard wall, sat back to look at them all, took turns getting to each others pieces, making civilized comments, making sure to have at least one thing they like and at least one thing they think could use improvement, but often more. And other people would pipe up if they heard something they agreed with. And, generally, improvement was had by all. I never saw one person crying. What I hear you describing sounds more like a crab barrel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipg4EL_JUyE

Just some needlessly aggressive thing for people who want to get their crabby rocks off. "IT'S A DOG EAT DOG WORLD, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN." It's cute and edgy for a second, but not necessary. It's baggage. And I'm sorry that was your experience. It was bad luck, and you deserved better.

I would be more interested to discuss how I can get my poses to look less stiff and unnatural as Loga said. It is something I wrestle with. Until the other day I was going about the idea of gesture drawing totally wrong. And if he said something you meant, he got it across better.

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jun 20, 2015

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Pardon?

I now officially feel entitled to good manners.

But really, you're the first person ever to act creeped out. I doubt I'll be running into many people like you, but I appreciate the concern.

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 20, 2015

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

is this from your comic where you wanted the main character to be nude all the time so you could show off her sick pink pubes that even 4chan was like woah there maybe not do that
You could read the comic and find out, now couldn't you?

This is the first time I've heard someone describe the creation story that way. I don't think it's very accurate.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I did not make either picture with the intent of anyone jerking off.

Not that you'll believe it.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I'm notorious for rebuffing the rumor that I rebuff criticism as well.

Seriously, let it die. Let it DIE already. You have seen exactly what I take issue with. I went to great length to explain it. Go back to page 4 and read it.

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 20, 2015

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Ah I realized I never posted this'un.

I don't like it as much now. Especially that scribbly ocean job.

Now, can someone explain to me WHY anyone would ever hack a sweet little site like Pixelovely? I woke up to a neighborhood-specific blackout, waited for two hours for the power to come back, and then logged on hoping to bone up on some gesture stuff, and got this.

I mean c'moooonnn. For what purpose?

BROTHER~!!

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jun 21, 2015

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

These three pieces started digitally, which I find it so much more daunting to starting off traditional. Ususally, once I think I've gotten the gist with something on paper, I'll scan it in and just let Sai carry me the rest of the way. But looking at a brightly lit glass is such a different beast that people never seem to talk about. I mean with paper I can lay down one line, and start craning my head around it for all the possible next lines, as if I'm uncovering a fossil that's already there, with a little graphic needle. With the tablet it's like "Yeah you can do anything. ANYTHING. So how are you going to squander your next move first, BOY?"

If there's a quintessential lesson out there for multiply/overlay/screen/etc layers, I'm interested to see it. Because I've been messing with them more than I used to, and I still don't understand how they're MEANT to be used, y'know? Eons ago, Artgerm really made me want to try out his greyscale method.

I think anything endearing, funny, or sinister, can be MORE endearing, funny or sinister when the character has an obscured or featureless face.

~ One day the baby strawhats will be big enough to de-hatch from the weave, ride the wind, and find wearer's their own. Until then, they stay very close to their mother. ~

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Line confidence comes from both practice AND a fine-tuning of your tools. Especially when the tools are digital. If you use Sai (like I do), look into stabilizers. Set them differently betwixt your tools if you must (like I do). People tend to underrate the tool aspect when it comes to this stuff. I mean it's not everything, but it's something.

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 24, 2015

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Hah! I wish I had these kind of pants back in grade school, I could have done some mean M.C. Hammer shuffles waiting at the bus stop
Oh you've seen NOTHING yet, my friend.

I've got hammerpants for days.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

The surprise I think comes from how god-awful Tumblr is at communication.

I would be leaving a lot more feedback, if I didn't chance whatever I said being made a public part of the person's blog. It's completely bonkers.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Scathach posted:

I hate how you can't see your sent messages either.
THE worst part, by far. Or at least the most obvious oversight.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I've just discovered the method which works best for me.

I start a tiny tiny canvas, and draw thumbnails of stuff, and eventually start expanding the canvas, blowing things up in resolution and just finish from there.

I had no idea this could work. Been doing the complete opposite of this for years.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Is there any bit you liked?

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Sheeeeyit.

That arm and head position is actually a lot better.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Well that's loving radical.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I haven't had blackberries in so long. And blackstrawberry looks delicious.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Neverending Story is a good movie and I like it.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I drew my character looking how I feel.

On the upside, Clip Studio is an awesome program and I'm glad to switch over to it.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Ah sorry to double post.

This woman is more leg now than lady. Twisted and evil.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

This was fun!

I intended to color it differently than the way I ended up, but this was also pretty different and educational. I'll tackle it in the next piece I s'pose.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

That'd make some radcial Wonka wallpaper.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I'm shooting to be able to produce pieces like these in 30 minutes.

I do know it's possible.

Edit: Made this quick as well but wasn't gonna make a new post for it.

Edit 2: Ditto!

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 9, 2016

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

It's a shame the squire class is weak.

The female knight design doesn't look this cool.

Edit: I'm 'avin a grand ol time with these.

Edit: Thread seems a bit more inactive than usual.

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 11, 2016

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

sigma 6 posted:

Is that Orko from He Man?
Non...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjPF3AwVPM4

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

I may have gone a little overboard in places..

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Alrighty this may not be the best jumping on point since how I produced this is so atypical to the rest.

Recently I've been actually timing myself at 30 minute intervals. Every time the timer goes off, I screencap my progress, tuck it into the image and write the time.

You see how I colored it in early on. Those aren't final. I just put them in to make it easier to divine which lines were actually which. It helped a lot for this particular piece. Aside from that I think it's sorta visually explanatory, but if you have any questions, shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

frozenpussy posted:

This is a bit more detached, but if the staff was also off the ground, I wouldn't suspect this was one of those fake floating yogi deals.
This is precisely something I started thinking about as I was drawing it. "I should lift it off--No. No, maybe he is faking it."