Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangeconcoction
Sep 7, 2015

"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness." ~ Rumi
Total noobshit here, I did have a question about this thread, awesome work all of you by the way!

Would photo manipulation be appropriate to post in here? However if there is another thread wholly for photo manips I would love some linkage. c:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangeconcoction
Sep 7, 2015

"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness." ~ Rumi

Delta Echo posted:

Test your might

Hope I don't get fatalitied up in this bitch.

strangeconcoction
Sep 7, 2015

I do use some filtering, but even that has a technique in itself. Like many other photo manip peeps I used to slap one on at full blast setting because I thought it hid all of the ball busting worthy flaws. Careful adjustments of layers, layer opacities, and merging will give it a painterly and unique but sharpened allure.

Basically if I'm gonna use a filter I'll make it so it doesn't look like it has a filter. c:

strangeconcoction
Sep 7, 2015

Well consider me truly tickled, haha.

The second one looks like a painting. Absolutely dreamlike.

strangeconcoction
Sep 7, 2015

Digital drawing of some feline primate species things I made a ways back.

strangeconcoction
Sep 7, 2015

The artwork in this thread is to die for <3

Here's a piece I did of my Esk, a closed species on deviantart that's also a huge ARPG.

They're little ghost creatures who are spirits of people and or animals that have passed on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangeconcoction
Sep 7, 2015

quote:

Ooh, I like the contrast between the face and the fur, nice! I'm not sure what a closed species is, it sounds ominous

Thank you so much, I was very proud of that piece! A closed species just means you can't freely make loads of your own unless you take part in the community ARPG that created them.

quote:

This is awesome, and I love the background. Also digging the foliage in the foreground trees. Did you use a pattern brush?

Oh yes pattern brushes up the yin yang because I'm not quiiiite good enough to do that kind of thing from scratch with regular CS6 brushes yet. Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it!

quote:

I hate working on something for a while only to get the feeling I've made it worse

lolllllll It's still amazing though.