Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I was reading the last, I'd like to try this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I ain't lynching Kleedrac d1 hes a sweetie peeps keep murdering in cold blood.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

hello friends I kinda skimmed the last one

is this game like scum hunting vanilla style or is it like all about just figuring out the mechanics?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

ill read keanes game plan its probably good but im going to start with

##vote: Samfucious

because even if he is town he is a liability

lol this seems serious, why?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

you know why YOU KNOW WHY

no I don't I think samfucius is a dude who's played more than I realise but I think is an actual literal newbie.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Alasdair, I will record my voice but you need to give me a script including no less than three sentences.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Also I'm not using vocaroo because it makes my decent quality microphone sound like I'm shouting into a pair of pound store headphones plugged into the microphone jack (neat trick, try it!).

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

no FEWER

but "I am TheRam. In 3 axis mafia i am not scum. i also ate an entire ham"

I'm trying but the ham line keeps making me laugh.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

okay I did one for alasdair but it's only for alasdair since I address him directly I didn't like your lines so I did my own thing

http://tindeck.com/listen/lrqmu

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

alasdair I talked a bit soft cus it's p. late here but I included what you wanted and me scum claiming cus I figured you'd be able to decipher my alignment more fully with both sides of the coin?

http://tindeck.com/listen/ksvhe

again only for alasdair I don't want any wannabe voice cops

apparently alasdair doesn'tlike half life tho so gently caress him tbh

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Yes, you got me! I told a lie in order to work a gambit that was previously successful.

lol was it actually?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I can't stop yawning it's late here so I refuse to think about the mechanics side of things now, alasdair/keane feel p. town to me. iamgay felt pretty town from his voice clip need to listen to sombers now

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

lol legit feels like scum

##vote somberbrero

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

the whole keane mega play loses potency tho since he can do it as scum risk free? I mean I'd expect him to do it as scum at this stage since it's a ~~thing~~

idk I guess you're just trying to make content so sorry for pooping on that but you've talked about it alot

the gambit is just saying "I am oracle let's win scum just claim" and that's the whole thing? is it more nuanced? how could scum win off of a claim today? :s

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

i thought it sounded a bit scummy too yeah. see how the voicecopping works? i expect it to be banned from mafia games shortly

nah the meta will just evolve to use robots or something to trick people then it will become meaningless

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s00lwn89klFX - fine but no poking fun of my lovely lovely voice :p

hahaha kleedrac and samfucius sound like friendly nice people just like I read them anyhow :)

leaning town on both.

awkkkkssssss like 5 town reads at least and one scum uh oh

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

I'm so tempted, I could see it as a newbie scum move to Thunderdome after learning about it.

Has imgay been scum before? He any good?

thunderdome bitches

dance dance dance for my amusement

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Met posted:

Yeah, I'm arguing we shouldn't put our faith in a pair of roommates who started the game supporting each other heavily and claiming they could solve the game because one is an Oracle (which he'd claimed he'd say before the game started) and they'll win it for all but maybe one person with a strategy only they know but we have to follow.

It's asinine.

I think Met is a good lynch too.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

lol byers I'm diggin' it but at the same time I don't think iamgay is scum cus I voice copped him.

##vote byers

live by the dome die by the dome

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

lol I can get behind this.

vote solidified

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

like dis if you cry evertiem

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

I want the thread to notice imgay, not even attempting to make a case here. He doesn't think he's trapped scum, he knows I'm not, and he doesn't know how to fake a case.

Have you're scumbros help you, imgay, you're failing right now.

I don't get this though, you wanted a thunderdome too? Do you have a serious read on imgay or are you just trying to justify the thunderdome?

I can't remember who started the thunderdome, but I don't wanna re-read anything til tomorrow.

so tell me whattup I don't know how serious you are and you were super serious last game when I thought you were being tongue-in-cheek about how committed to your reads you were.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

huh?

I am not downloading it and the vocaroo link on its own doesn't work.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I am leaving my vote on byers, since he's doing a lot of thunderdome waffling and poo poo that just doesn't really read real to me.

Met and Somb are potential scums. As well as anyone else I might have mentioned yesterday

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I honestly think anyone being sus about keane and alasdair having a fun time with mafia is scummy. You know that having a few posters like that are pretty helpful as long as the town isn't stupid? It's a low hanging fruit type thing.

gangsta is a newbie?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I'm sure you do need posters like that, but at the same time they are calling suspicion on people just because they disagree. That's not suspicious to you?

And yes. Still relatively new at all of this.

No it's not suspicious at all. Aside from the fact it's Alasdair/Keane it's also D1 and the scum don't usually have multi-layered plots to incriminate and manipulate...

What's the threat of suspicion I guess is my point? Are you worried they're going to trick the town into voting someone they wouldn't have otherwise voted through scum mastermind trickery?...

This reads pretty scummy since it's like you're scared, but you're a newbie and that's why newbies can be hard to read properly and get murdered a lot.

join da thunderdome and kill byers, this is the first step towards not being a sissy I believe in you

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

oh yeh mate? how's that? you're the weak rear end not even voting anyone

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I'll fight you.

I'll thunderdome you tomorrow, bitch!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I don't know, Byers is so obviously scummy here and he's not a bad player, so I feel like there has to be something else going on and K&A are just capitalizing on his poor play.

I don't really get what you mean by this, can you explain or rephrase? More interested in the Byers thing but I guess all of it...

HiipFire posted:

LETS loving DO IT BITCH I DARE YOU

Thunderdome D2, cya there mate. If you're not scared put down your vote now so we can get to this sooner.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I'm interested to see why what their doing doesn't feel genuine to you.

let me answer this on behalf of somber, it is because I (somber) am scum.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

HiipFire posted:

the only thunderdome ive seen ended in both being town and both getting mislynched

someone is wimping out!!!!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

HiipFire posted:

im not talking about this game

I know that, what I'm saying is you just said the only thunderdome you've seen was town-town and you've yet to just vote one of the thunderdomers just makes me think maybe you're not committed to fighting me to the death tomorrow!

I thought you were a balls to the wall dude, your actions contradict this so I'm wondering if maybe you're a scared scum?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I get a null read on alasdair/keane but I don't get a scum one. I don't think scum mind has been demonstrated. They just seem like they're having fun...

If anything I'm for their play, since the few butthurt responses have felt meaningful and serious and will probably inform my reads quite heavily over the next few days. Whereas if you're town and you're casing them for being ~~~weird~~~ I think that's usual bad lazy mafia play. "It's confusing or weird so it's scum!" the lamest scum hunting.

Focusing on obviously joking players is scummy fyi.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I don't see how Keane's claim looked at all credible.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

idk know if this is some bias because I read some of at least one of the other games and I read their poo poo in field mafia... but byers of all people you're an oldie so I don't see how you'd honestly think that needed lie-detecting.

though I also don't really see how that makes you scum, it is weird. you are definitely a better thunderdome murder than imgay who reads town as gently caress!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CCKeane posted:

So again, why would a fakeclaim there make me scummy?

There is no explanation for your choice when better options presented themselves.

yeh if I had that power role I'd wait for a good claim or something to test, not bust my load early D1 on a player who obviously likes to fake claim especially when he's got his bro in the game.

it doesn't read right.

someone come end this day

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Look, a post that would have been useful to lie detect.

you can't usually lie detect alignment posts

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

:shrug:

You want me to unveil some master strategy that just ain't coming, bub.

haha awh this reads town but your fate is kind of sealed by the thunderous dome

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

How is imgay, who refuses to make a case and is sitting on "You asked for this" as his reason to vote me, town as gently caress?

his thunderdome voice clips and whatnot, guy seems like a yolo town to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

It's not a one-shot.

I mean within the game day... no way it's unlimited or multi-use daily so my point is that you could have waited a little while and not targeted Keane who from where I'm sat was soooo obviously joking, even if WM gave him oracle as a mod-joke I don't see what you woulda gained really.

• Locked thread