Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm in if you'll have me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Confirming. You all don't waste any time do you. Left the office and things were nice and quiet. Now there's a Thunderdome.

:suspense:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Met posted:

Worked for me?

A little fuzzier than I expected. The image after "Mafia" didn't come out.

drat that's fancy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Met posted:

What kind of game are we in? :psyduck:

##give Met Sandwich

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

wall monitor posted:

Nothing happens, as you do not yet possess the ability to grant sandwiches.

:shrug:

*looks down at empty hands, dissatisfied, but not broken*

If there's a will, there's a way. I will get a sandwich, and I will give it away...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
http://vocaroo.com/i/s03b2j4hoXWk

Also, does no one find this this voicecop stuff suspicious at all? Or am I just being paranoid?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

you sound town

and what do you sound suspicious about it. it's harder to lie with your voice than with a post.

Dunno, I'm just a paranoid dude and I definitely couldn't justify my suspicions. Also is this still joke phase or what? Are things like serious with this TD and the votes on Byers? This game kind of exploded in a few short hours so I'm already having to play catch up here. In the games I've seen Byers in he always read scummy to me, but I'm a bad scumhunter and a bad judge of character so double shrug.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've never recorded anything on vocaroo, so I kind of just want to make wild claims in strange voices.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't like this whole voice read thing, I mean it's entertaining, but I'm worried it might have other possibilities.

Also, not really seeing how Met is arguing against friendship lol.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Met posted:

As a town, I have but one vote among all the other votes and now I have to maneuver around the Alasdair/CCK voting bloc. I feel safer with them apart.

You want to vote one of Alasdair/CCK to split them up? Somber when you're around, why did you cast your vote on Alasdair?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

like what? the fact that its harder to lie with your voice than over text?

I don't know? Does it get results in the Skypefia you've played? If it works, then by all means, but I just got ~feels~ about it is all.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hood morning everyone!(morning for me at least)

i'd like to point something out btw, if i were scum i would go along with keane's plan anyway because its a very good one. the fact that I haven't scumclaim pretty much confirms me as town when you think about it.

I don't want to get labeled as hating on friendship, but re-reading CCKeane's plan and the blind support Alasdair has for it. It seems even more suspicious. I understand that it might have a high rating from previous games, but the eager buddies with a gambit bit just feels weird. Also anyone against it falls in suspicion.

I don't know what's going on with Byers and Imgay, but CCKeane and Alasdair jointly attacked Met and put scum suspicion on him. It seems a bit much.

CCKeane posted:

Actually I want to call this post out again because last two games I was killed night one after nailing scum to the wall day one.

SOMEBODY'S AWFUL WORRIED ABOUT THAT WILY KEANE AND HIS CUNNING GAMBITS.

ya byers reads scummy, mets post also reads incredibly scummy, we need to kill byers first tho;
The post you're calling scummy is literally his third post. how is that reading incredibly scummy?

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

nah, thats dumb, Alasdair is town.

You know for sure?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I'm not convinced man. You did just win as scum and my feelings are still hurt. I need more.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TheRam posted:

I honestly think anyone being sus about keane and alasdair having a fun time with mafia is scummy. You know that having a few posters like that are pretty helpful as long as the town isn't stupid? It's a low hanging fruit type thing.

gangsta is a newbie?

I'm sure you do need posters like that, but at the same time they are calling suspicion on people just because they disagree. That's not suspicious to you?

And yes. Still relatively new at all of this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

See I definitely feel like Keane and Alasdair are going after low-hanging fruit. It's one thing to generate content or push reads, especially on day one, but this doesn't feel genuine. The scumslip gotcha was silly.

I don't know, Byers is so obviously scummy here and he's not a bad player, so I feel like there has to be something else going on and K&A are just capitalizing on his poor play.

I'm interested to see why what their doing doesn't feel genuine to you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TheRam posted:

let me answer this on behalf of somber, it is because I (somber) am scum.

I don't know man... I think I'm on page with somber on this one. Something just seems disingenuous about what they're doing. I'm sticking with Alasdair for now. C Pig, if you can let me better know why that's dumb I'll change my mind, but something doesn't seem right.

The voice copping does seem cool though. My ~feels~ on that have subsided.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Fine then.

Alasdair and I are not scum.

Masonry?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

In fact I have an olive medley waiting for my goat cheese , honey, pita, olive sandwiches for lunch today.

My uncultured palate finds this disgusting. Olives are gross.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Also has Byers submitted to the voice cop yet?

Or Met?

Byers did, I don't know about Met.

Also all this olive talk lol. Olives are gross, folks.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't like the play CCKeane/Alasdair made, but you do seem scummy. Sorry Byers.

##vote Byers

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Why wait? CCKeane and Alasdair are getting results. I'm down for it.

##vote Met
:redhammer:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If there are 4 scum, is there room for any 3Ps or are we likely just facing down scum vs town, then color alignments now that sandwich victories are completed?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Anyway I suppose Somber is the best bet?

I'd guess somber or hiip.

##vote:Somber

Why somber? Other than having been set on Byers being town, he doesn't appear scummy IMO. Actually somber seems kind of passive if you ask me.

Hiipfire is tunneling on imgay. Hiipfire do you have a result of some sort?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Somber had a bad voice recording and yeah, was committed to being pro Byers.

He also joined in on the call for Met and we were all wrong about that. I just don't get a scum vibe from the rest of Sombers posting outside of that blind faith in Byers.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

no

i just find it slightly incredibly ridiculous that we're just ignoring the guy who randomly thunderdomed a guy and then proceeded to do nothing for the entirety of it

I think Byers was at -2 for most of the TD duration, I think imgay kind of came out of that on top and we got a scum from it. Also it may be because I've never seen a thunderdome, but I thought we were still in the joke phase at that time(kind of, I mean we did get real scum killed with CCKeane/Alasdair and Whiskey tripping Byers up).

Then again, all of my reads thus far have been wildly inaccurate.

For what it's worth, a list:
Town
C Pig (Masonry, sandwiches)
Ghostly Gangsta (CLAIMING: Vanilla, nothing special here but bad ideas)
King of Bleh
CCKeane (oracle claim, but I don't believe it. Do believe town)

3P
Hal Incandenza???
Samfucius (sandwiches)

Not suuurree
imgay (only because suspicion is already on them)
Somberbrero (Byers fan, active suspicion on them)
HiipFire (tunneling, but maybe a valid TD inactivity case)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyone else got reads?

I'll hold my vote until we hear from imgay, but I'd be interested in what cases or reads some of you had.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Also this is actually important in a no bullshit way. If no one else is vanilla, I suggest we vote GG.

Any particular reason?

HiipFire posted:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1w7NDTKFamZ

i said words

maybe too many but yeah

lol, I like this. The rambling was good.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Is good* still listening. Every couple of minutes vocaroo cuts out and I have to just restart and skip ahead.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Yes, because I think you are lying.

We have no vanilla flips, CPig, Somber, Sam aren't vanilla.

I think everyone may have a role and I think your role may be scum.

A fair assessment, but it hinges too much on setup speculation in a game where grilled cheeses beat peanut butter jelly sandwiches. Having a couple vanilla's in the mix would not be surprising. I get why you might be inclined to think otherwise, but it seems like something that you'd have to reach for.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King of Bleh posted:

After working it out on paper, I'm reasonably confident that the scum team is HiipFire/GG, and the known 3P player is one of Somber/imgay , leaning toward Somber.

Hal is the one wildcard since he hasn't posted jack all game.

How's about you apply some of what you worked out on paper into a credible case in thread. Channeling every math teacher ever, show your work for how you arrived at that.

I was considering Hiip as scum, but even his inactive thunderdome case is better than, "I've done the work, this is it"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

I'm thinking GG/Hiip as well.

3p I am much more up in the air on.

Same applies to you, substantiate your thoughts.

Just because you helped catch scum on D1 doesn't make you an authority, and I don't even buy your oracle claim. Besides, you lead the charge against a town or sandwich aligned the next day.

Up until my claim you were convinced somber was the lunch target, if my role is all you have to go on then you're wasting your time.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King of Bleh posted:

Keane -- confirmed oracle

If Keane was confirmed I missed that. Was he confirmed as oracle?

Also a non-mod-killed lurker doesn't rise suspicion in anyone? Hal is likely 3P or scum, probably 3P.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King of Bleh posted:

Is thunderdome like an actual serious thing that gets used in other games and players adhere to? I assumed it was some weird joke but if not that's really dumb.

I also thought it was kind of a joke.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

thats me you gently caress how dare you steal my thing

Hiip.... Fire...

I get it lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King of Bleh posted:

Who do you think is scum, scum.

Going to assume this is directed at me :v:

I'd say HiipFire, Hal Incandeza/King of Bleh(you only because you're coming at me like this, bro), Byers, TheRam as the scum team.

Modkill for lurker seems harsh, but not replacing and not removing leads me to believe that maybe they are active in other ways.

I doubt there's an SK 3P, but it would be entertaining if there was one, and they'd be very laaazzyy.

----

If I was scum, I certainly wouldn't have wasted an NK on Kleedrac, I'd have gone after whoever was making the most noise(OR better put, whoever had the most influential noise)

In this games case, I'd have gone after Keane (loudest claim/support and gained a scumslip), I'd not have wanted that to continue. Then after Keane was dead, I'd probably just keep going after whoever seemed like they actually had their poo poo together.

Channeling my innerscum, my prediction for tonight's NK is Sam, C Pig or Hal.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King of Bleh posted:

Why do you think there's a 5 person scum team when Keane has claimed there are only 4?

If you don't think the claimed 3p is a serial killer what role do you think it is? Or do you doubt that there is a 3p?

What do you think about the fact that Alasdair was killed last night and Keane wasn't?

I put a slash on your name to indicate that it was you or Hal as scum. I doubt there is a 3P at this point. I think Alasdair being killed is just alasdair being killed I guess :shrug:

I think there is a 3 or 4 person scum team.

Also I'm just going to take a stand here, gently caress it.

Aside from your actions today King of Bleh, you've not really contributed anything of use to this game. 1 sentence statements riding on someone else's momentum with no conviction of your own. Although I applaud you for your scum effort today.

So tell me scum, who do you think is scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

It's just a forecast :v:

Like the weather :)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

I consistently vote the weatherman sooo.....

:arghfist:

Open your eyes my porcine ally, I'm not your enemy here.

Vote King of Bleh.

##vote King of Bleh
Stand officially taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King of Bleh posted:

Why did you change your mind between these 2 posts?

The only thing I changed my mind on was 3P and I'm not really sure of it. I'm inclined to think there may not be any 3P at all. We had blue/red/sandwiches as known color or alt. factions so I think assuming there could be a 3P makes sense, but as far as my stance on Hal's role? that's unchanged. A non-modkilled/mod-replaced lurker is weird on D3, or maybe I'm just reading into that too much.

• Locked thread