Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Crows can meow like cats. It's hilarious when you look up and realize that it's a bird making the sound.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Aug 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
they don't usually do it unless they're trying to catcaw you

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Squirrels make a sound similar to a chicken.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rilo Kiley and Riley Kilo are not the same people.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

amityville anus posted:

they don't usually do it unless they're trying to catcaw you

FTFY

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

...is this supposed to be gently caress this, gently caress you? what the gently caress is going on anymore

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

gentle pete posted:

Rilo Kiley and Riley Kilo are not the same people.

At first I read this and thought you were saying they were. And I was really goddamn confused.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Frostwerks posted:

...is this supposed to be gently caress this, gently caress you? what the gently caress is going on anymore

I always thought it was fixed this for you, but nothing was changed there...

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
It's loving supposed to be!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Frostwerks posted:

It's loving supposed to be!

FTFY

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Frostwerks posted:

That was the joke, yes.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I had to write an email today about a work party for a colleague who is getting married, and today I learned it is spelled (and pronounced) nuptials instead of nupitals (nup-i-tals). Whoops! I'm 30.

\/\/\/ :iceburn: I deserved that!

genetic_knockout has a new favorite as of 04:27 on Aug 26, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

genetic_knockout posted:

I had to write an email today about a work party for a colleague who is getting married, and today I learned it is spelled (and pronounced) nuptials instead of nupitals (nup-i-tals). Whoops! I'm 30.

More like genetic_mistake.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The World Eskimo-Indian Olympics is a real thing, and not a throwaway line in MGS1.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

There's even an ear pull event!

You tie your ear to another man's ear with a loop of string, and pull your heads away to see who cries "Uncle" first.

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.

genetic_knockout posted:

i just learned it's not nuptuals. :downs: I know I've seen it written out before, I think my brain just always "corrected" it to how I thought it was spelled.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

There's even an ear pull event!

You tie your ear to another man's ear with a loop of string, and pull your heads away to see who cries "Uncle" first.

The other event Vulcan Raven mentions, the stick-pull, is a thing too. Two guys sit on the ground facing one another. Each hold the end of a smooth stick, and try and pull it out of the other guy's grip.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

genetic_knockout posted:

I used to write and say tangenital, so it could be worse.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The other event Vulcan Raven mentions, the stick-pull, is a thing too. Two guys sit on the ground facing one another. Each hold the end of a smooth stick, and try and pull it out of the other guy's grip.

The stick is even lubed, for easier inserto make it more difficult to hold on to.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

XMNN posted:

I used to write and say tangenital, so it could be worse.

I used to have tan genitals.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I used to have tan genitals.

How're you recovering after the surgery?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
this just makes me wonder if, when Mitt Romney spray-tanned himself orange to appear Hispanic, if they made his mormon mast look like a loving baby carrot

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
The chorus in Move Your Feet by Junior Senior isn't actually sung by Junior. It's some Danish producer.

Peter Stomare's last name is pronounced Stor-mar-e, not Storm-air.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Celery Face posted:

The chorus in Move Your Feet by Junior Senior isn't actually sung by Junior. It's some Danish producer.

Peter Stomare's last name is pronounced Stor-mar-e, not Storm-air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb5FOa3DrkY

Thomas Troelsen :allears:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
This rules, thanks for sharing. 2007 really had a lot of good synthpop.

This isn't something I just figured out but it's related so I'll say it anyway. The chorus in Let The Music Play by Shannon is not sung by her, it's a male session musician.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Celery Face posted:

This rules, thanks for sharing. 2007 really had a lot of good synthpop.

This isn't something I just figured out but it's related so I'll say it anyway. The chorus in Let The Music Play by Shannon is not sung by her, it's a male session musician.

You're welcome! The whole album is great (& the song Crucify my Heart is fantastic). I think it's actually Junior Senior singing the bridge in Secret Lover, with the plugging in keyboards.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Snapchat A Titty posted:

You're welcome! The whole album is great (& the song Crucify my Heart is fantastic). I think it's actually Junior Senior singing the bridge in Secret Lover, with the plugging in keyboards.
I looked closer at the silhouettes, it's definitely them. Good catch.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Macys posted:

The World Eskimo-Indian Olympics is a real thing, and not a throwaway line in MGS1.

I tried to tell somebody that once and he didn't believe me.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Recently found out it's "those kids were fast as lightning," not "those cats were fast as lightning."

I'm still sure he says "cats"

fuckin breeders man
Mar 21, 2007
I thought those playlists that show up in my suggestions on youtube were playlists made by other people that had a video I liked in them. I just found out that they are auto playlists using my liked videos.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm still sure he says "cats"

It isn't kicks?!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rolo posted:

It isn't kicks?!

Assuming we're talking about "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas, yes. It's "Those kicks were fast as lightning."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0

KillHour has a new favorite as of 09:21 on Sep 3, 2015

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
The word cereal comes from Ceres.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

More importantly, I just learned that corn is a cereal. :psyduck:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
It's true.

The military guy from Jurassic World that wanted to use the dinosaurs as weapons is Gomer Pyle from Full Metal Jacket.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

XMNN posted:

It's true.

The military guy from Jurassic World that wanted to use the dinosaurs as weapons is Gomer Pyle from Full Metal Jacket.

I never watched it, but dinosaurs would make terrible weapons.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

KillHour posted:

Better than zombie virus.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

XMNN posted:

I was like, "woah, Jim Nabors is still acting?"

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

KillHour posted:

Better than Aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

KillHour posted:

What about Dino-Swords?