Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Incredibly nerdy one, but Wolverine's clone/daughter is called X-23 because flipping the 23rd chromosome from a Y to an X was the main change they made when creating her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I got into a big argument with the substitute in sixth grade when the workbook told us to count the number of landlocked countries in Europe. It had only been like five years at that point, but Czechoslovakia was still two countries goddamnit.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
A watched pot never boils.

Because you keep taking the lid off.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

The Beatles posted:

Lady Madonna
Baby at your breast
Wonder how you manage
To feed the rest
and

Sublime posted:

I got a dalmatian
I can still get high
And I can play the guitar
Like a motherfuckin' riot
...have the same melody and I am reeling.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Hyperlynx posted:

Twinkle Twinkle, little star
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full
Q R S, T U V
Like a diamond in the sky
Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool?
Next time won't you sing with me?

Moon River
He's the man, the man with the Midas touch
The spider's touch!

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Zoe Kazan and Zosia Mamet are constantly throwing me thanks to their combination of thick eyebrows, Hollywood nepotism, and the letter 'Z.'

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
It just hit me that Taco Bell only calls it "Diablo Sauce" because marketing are desperately trying to avoid using the word "chipotle" and reminding people of their competitors.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Is a hot dog a shanty?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
San Francisco has KFOG as a weather joke.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Sachertorte was invented by a chef named Franz Sacher. It does not come from the German word for sugar like I always thought.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
What did you have for breakfast?
Pea soup.

What did you have for lunch?
Pea soup.

What did you have for dinner?
Pea soup.

What did you do all night?
Your mom.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
John Astin played Gomez Addams in the 60's. This means that Sean Astin is just IRL Pugsley.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
An adze is an axe on an axis.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Wish I could go back in time and see Plato's face when I tell him his name has become synonymous with not loving.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Takis are called that because it's short for "taquitos" and it all seems so very obvious to me now.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I knew that TV's Gotham and Rome had the same showrunner, but I've only recently been thinking about how they're basically the same show. Gordon and Bullock are Vorenus and Pullo, Alfred is Caesar, Bruce is Octavian, and the list goes on. This is amusing to me in both directions

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Empty Sandwich posted:

I felt like that when I learned that Kaopectate used to contain kaolin clay and pectin

Maalox is magnesium and aluminum oxides.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Hyperlynx posted:

Qapla' is from Star Trek. It is Klingon for "hooray!".
Ghafla is from Dune. It is Arabic Fremen for someone who is easily distracted, and not reliable.

They are not the same words.

At least you didn't embarrass yourself in front of any cool people.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Hot-but-scary half naked chick with blue skin and a belt made out of human skulls? Mystique from X-Men is modeled off of the Hindu goddess Kali.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
The Assassin's Creed logo is a capitalized Half-Life logo.