Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

FELD1 posted:

I just learned last week that Patrick Swayze has been dead for like 6 years.

It's okay most people missed that happening. It got overshadowed by Kanye interrupting TSwift at the MTV music awards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Vashro posted:

wookie pedia says they are "motorized all-terrain treads"

yeah you can see that in A New Hope with the sandcrawler.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FFT posted:

small, whiny, rude lions.

My feet totally exist just as chew toys for that little poo poo though

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh hey, me too

If there were any terrible reports about derails you should share them in the shaming thread because that sticky doesn't get enough love.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pastry of the Year posted:

"rapey"

what a fun little adjective used by grown adults

Brought to you by the generation that wants college to not teach uncomfortable topics.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Did anyone suggest changing the genders of the singers yet?
:goonsay:

Lady Gaga and Joseph Gordon Levitt did a couple years back.

https://youtu.be/ZtoW4aV-CIc

Len has a new favorite as of 15:57 on Dec 4, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jerry Cotton posted:

On the Muppet Show :lol:

You got a problem with Muppets? :colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

JoelJoel posted:

You're thinking of tapout.

Isn't that the green rangers clothing line?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

purple death ray posted:

Diamonds are one of, if not the, hardest metals known the man.

No because if theres a car made of diamond and it goes 400mph it'll explode when it hits a wall because the faster something goes the less durability it has.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HairyManling posted:

Wait, what? Wireless headphones where the wires come from the ends? And do you mean backwards not upside down? Right earpiece over the left ear? How the gently caress do you not notice wearing them upside down?

I assume this style https://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-Tone-Pro-770-Bluetooth-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Black/51624261

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sentient Data posted:

Room temperature has nothing to do with butter for most americans, since they're terrified of spoilage no matter the time period or storage method

But of course day+ old pizza kept on the table in a cardboard box is fine

The girlfriend and I just moved into an apartment and she keeps putting my butter back in the fridge convinced it's going to spoil. I just want to butter my toast without destroying the bread drat it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I don't think 78 is room temperature unless you live in a Godforsaken hell hole.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Look, everything I believe says Texas is a hellhole but King of the Hill doesn't make it look any more backwards than the part of Ohio I just moved away from so I don't know what to believe

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Memento posted:

It's just as backwards only forty degrees hotter and commensurately stupider.

I dunno does Texas have Amish? Because if it doesn't I think Ohio might win out.

Those people drive black buggies, at night, in the snow, with only a lantern hanging off the side to tell you they're there. Fuckers.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

hogmartin posted:

I think there were some programs in the early-mid 20th century to promote food safety and were passed on by boomers to their kids, to the point where lots of people instinctively think "butter is dairy, dairy must be refrigerated at all times" and "pork must be cooked to leathery cinders to kill trichinosis". Some people will act like you slapped down a week-old raw fish if you give them butter from the counter or a medium-rare pork chop.

I have a friend who did exactly that. He was given a pork chop and went "This is medium rare. That's not safe." and he ate it anyway. Then the next day he texted me saying he didn't feel good and that he hopes it wasn't from the pork.

In his defense he did just get over food poisoning so he was probably already on edge.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Inzombiac posted:

TRUMP IS GOING TO BE PRESIDENT

gently caress

Edit: hell yeah, new page.

It's not the President we need but it is the President we deserve.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

purple death ray posted:

God drat I feel old. Because literally nobody who was alive in the late 80s would not know what that song is

I was born in 89 and know that song. Shits on my Spotify playlist

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I still question how old you are if the first time you'd heard that song was 2001.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shellman posted:

Psst, people born in 2001 can drive.

Yes? And?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MariusLecter posted:

As is Power Man.

Not originally

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nermal is necrogender

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's the same as the people who go "my public school system sucks. It doesn't have (program) or (feature)" but refuse to pass anything giving them more money.

The district I graduated from in 2007 is still trying to get the same tax increase passed they were back then.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Inzombiac posted:

I always vote for better school funding because making smart kids is, uh, really loving important.

Like how is this a difficult concept.

Because then you have to spend more money?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I wouldn't mind voting for school funding if they actually taught kids important knowledge, instead of just how evil white people are, and evolution

You must have gone to a different style place than me, we learned how great while people are and evolution.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I still prefer my admittedly wrong take "like Frankenstein I did it my way"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Powaqoatse posted:

Does anyone even know that band without having read about on his wikipedia or something?

They had a song that was used for the trailer to that owl movie

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

mind the walrus posted:

Suspenders are going to blow your mind.

It's a shame men can't wear them visibly without looking like a city hipster appropriating Americana workwear, because those things are so much better than a belt. Bending down with a much lower chance of asscrack? Yes please. Not having to adjust pants constantly? Yes please. No more belts wearing out the holes from overuse? Yes please. Wearing them under my scrub top changed my entire work experience.

Then again I am rapidly becoming an old, so maybe I should just roll with it. :getin:

I'd love to wear those without looking like a hipster. I can never find the right belt tightness where my pants stay at just the right level where my rear end crack doesn't show. Either it's too tight or too loose.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

mind the walrus posted:

My wording was poor and I underestimated the number of goons rushing to defend outfits with untucked shirts. My point is that outfits with untucked shirts look like crap the vast majority of the time anyway. Wearing a belt underneath a loose shirt just means you aren't taking care of your pants.

So I'm supposed to tuck my t-shirt into my pants anytime I wear a belt? That's just :psyduck:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Besesoth posted:

Thank you for the nice thought! It's really heartwarming to see so many pro-trans posters on SA these days. :glomp:

Wait not liking Stephen Universe makes me anti-trans? Gonna need to see the math on that one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Besesoth posted:

Nothing to do with Steven Universe, he was wishing me good luck in my future GRS plans! :v:

Oooooooh I get it now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Inzombiac posted:

In the SNES game Zombies Ate My Neighbors you have to survive each level and save your clueless neighbors.

What I didn't know until recently is that the neighbors are not a set amount per level.
You have only so many that carry over from level to level and if they die, that's it.
I've never had them all die but I assume that's the second fail state.

It is. A friend and I kept getting wrecked after a sandworm level because those fuckers ate too many people

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Every so often you'll get a neighbor added back to the lineup. I can't remember if it's at certain level marks or what but I know you can earn them back.

Also loving sandworms man.
And fishmen.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Efb

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

walrusman posted:

Are the Animaniacs really supposed to be cats? Huh.

No the cat is a cat

http://animaniacs.wikia.com/wiki/Rita

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I was loving around with the Google Assistant and one of the phrases it has a response to is "When does the narwhal bacon?" Which is apparently the Reddit equivalent of "Do you have stairs in your house?" Only even more lolrandom. I hate you so much Reddit.

Edit: She does not reply to the stairs question

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ladron posted:

to the bacon question, in case I need to lie and impress someone about using reddit

She says it's at midnight.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Garrand posted:

The man who's been driving all night, hands wet on the wheel does not have a thing called red hot love. It's called Radar love. Honestly red hot love sounds less stupid.

Their love is a wave in the air like a radar, it makes perfect sense

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

syscall girl posted:

Cougar Town is a great show until the network change.

She has the most hippy name imaginable though.

Fixed that for you

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Powaqoatse posted:

Shamefully I got up to episode 2 of this season before I stoppped watching, honestly I haven't really cared since 2-3 seasons ago.

I guess for some reason I had the idea that they had some kind of ending in mind but lol milk that.

Last interview with Kirkman I read he didn't have any sort of end planned for the comic either, it's literally just keep making them until they stop making money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I started TWD the other day just because it's The Thing to talk about at work and I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't watch it and I still can't be assed to care about it. I watched the first four seasons because my ex made me catch up and watch season 4 with her but I've had no interest in going past that.