Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

BuddyChrist posted:

For my own revelation, my sister used to have a round rock with a little sticker on it that said "TUIT" she gave it to me and said it was "a round tuit", it wasn't until years after she moved out that the stupid thing is a pun on "around to it". Right up there with pet rocks for stupid gimmick things but I was so young when she gave it to me and I just put it away and didn't think about it, it just didn't click until years later.

When I was a kid, my much older cousin told my younger brother and younger cousin (they were the only family members really into video games) that they could always just google "(whatever game) faq" to find cheat codes and so on. The kicker was that he told them "FAQ" was pronounced "fahkyoo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

KillHour posted:

You had Google when you were a kid? gently caress, I'm old.

Google is the retroactive verb I'm throwing on it, cousin probably told them to "internet search with DogPile" or whatever we kids were using then.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

OH MY GOD THERES A WHOLE OTHER THREAD FOR MISHEARD SONG LYRICS. NO ONE CARES WHERE YOU WERE THE FIRST TIME YOU MISHEARD THIS PARTICULAR SONG.

content: until I was eight, I pronounced "rabies" like the multiple of "rabbi."

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

This didn't get enough love, so let's end the derail on the conclusion that:

SomeJazzyRat posted:

God, you are such a weenie that you probably choked on yourself.