Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Adam Sandler voices Dracula in Hotel Transylvania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

There's a search browser called google too.

Like this?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The phrase "call a spade a spade" is not inherently racist.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

That'd be a hell of a twist, though.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The phrase is "deep-seated" not "deep-seeded". I thought it was the latter because it made sense to think that certain things were deeply planted within someone (i.e., a deep-seeded fear of heights, or a deep-seeded fear of water).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Getting gasoline into an open cut burns like hell.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

wait, what the gently caress

there's no way I have even the barest baseline insect knowledge such that looking it up for myself would clear it up or confirm it, so I repeat: what the gently caress

:same:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The song Mr. Burns sings, "Like my Vest" is a takeoff of the Beauty and the Beast song "Be my Guest".

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The song is See My Vest, which makes it a bit more obvious too.

Oh. I didn't know that, either. I only just realized it last night when my wife and I were watching the new movie and I don't think I've heard the Burns song since middle school or so.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

So, this is a head slapping moment for me, but in the show Friday Night Lights, the title refers to the lighting for football games.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Cube and The Cell are totally different movies.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Speaking of Cuba Gooding Jr., it took me far too long to realize that he and Donald Faison were different people.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

kazil posted:

Short of not being able to tell black people apart I don't know how you could explain this.

Honestly couldn't tell you. For whatever reason, those two became the same person in my mind.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

NonzeroCircle posted:

Tigers, Lions, Jaguars and Leopards are Pantera Coldplay

Oh my.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The temperature of the water you use to wash your hands doesn't matter. The important thing is the soap.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I just now realized the pun in the Beatles.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Throw them all out the airlock ha ha ha who cares if they're sentient prisoners of war ha ha ha vote for me."

trump.txt

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

All three are totally unrelated scripts, much like the Die Hard movies were (I think the 5th was written to be a Die Hard, but the rest are all random scripts jammed into the franchise -- including the first Die Hard which was originally a sequel to a Frank Sinatra movie).

And according to his contract, they had to offer Frank Sinatra the part of McClane first, even though he was in his 70s (I think).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

The aurora borealis, at this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, is localized entirely within my kitchen.

May I see it?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

I'd just lightly drop the tray on the counter instead of placing it down gently. The amount of times (in my entire life) I've used ice cube trays was a total of three times, and on the third time my partner goes "you don't have to drop it, just twist it".

It seems weird to me that you've always had an icemaker. I was a teenager before my parents got their first fridge with an icemaker, and I don't remember a lot of my friends having fridges with them.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Isn't that something you shouldn't have to figure out?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Joss Whedon helped write Toy Story.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm pretty sure most kids do know Santa doesn't exist when they hit about third grade, but keep it going because their parents do, and it's fun. There's nothing wrong with adding some magic to the season; it's silly fun, and anyone who doesn't get that is a sad person, who had sad parents that didn't get it, either.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Credit and debit cards have raised numbers, because the old machines used to run them took an imprint of those numbers.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I did not know that!

However, it took me longer than I'd like to admit that "pos" stood for point of sales, than piece of poo poo.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

It just kinda hit me the other day, but I realized that we're probably going to see remakes of the Harry Potter movies in our lifetimes. We'll also see the copyright on Mickey Mouse run out, which is also weird. But I think that's only classic Mickey, not any modern version. I'm not sure how that works.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Abugadu posted:

also, Knockturn Alley..

Son of a bitch, I just got that.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Huh... I always figured it was Zach Galifinakas in some joke commercial.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

There's no tax on food in my state (Michigan), so it blew my mind when I found out there are states that do tax food purchases.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Yeah, in Michigan, the tax is applied at a restaurant, and I've seen it listed on the receipt as an eat-in tax.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

How is having crusty poo poo constantly all over your rear end gay?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

rydiafan posted:

Dude if you want to gently caress you could just ask me and leave my wife out of it.

Don't bring me into this.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Not "just figured out" per se, but my mom speculates that the kids being born around this time will eventually be called the "viral generation" or something along those lines.

I've seen Quaranteens bandied about, and I like that one.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The Midwest is the only accent free zone.

Source: am from the Midwest and have no accent.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

My mom showed me that trick years ago, and I think it's one of those little things that are just really nice for people who can't push the little thing to open them every time. Though, now that I think of it, I wonder if a pharmacy will dispense it to you that way. I work at a pharmacy, I should ask about that when I get the chance.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

They would when I was a pharm tech, you just had to request it. The default state is the more difficult state because that way is childproof.

I figured as much. I forgot to ask anyone in the pharmacy about it yesterday, but I couldn't imagine them saying no to something like that.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Courtesy of the media that did not age well thread:

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but as a fan of Aliens, I only found out this year that Pvt. Vasquez is played by a white woman wearing contacts and full-body makeup.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

OK hit me. I am ready for my new thing I can't believe I just figured out: what's the phantom hour? Is it like the witching hour?

It's the time where most of humanity is locked into coffins, but we're unaware of that, so it's okay.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Jippa posted:

I didn't even think about it until I saw this tweet.

https://twitter.com/VaGyver/status/1359080831663407106

It never occurred to me until my wife was singing that to our daughter one day, playing it on her toes. I don't know how it never clicked before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Goons can have a little book to chew, as a treat.