Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

KillHour posted:

Yeah, this is what I was getting at. Pluto and Charon both orbit an empty point in space between them. The Moon orbits the Earth.

The same is true of the Sun and Jupiter - they both orbit (with respect to each other) a point above the surface of the sun.

Things I just realized.

Thomas Sangster, who plays Jojen Reed on Game of Thrones, also played the drummer kid in Love Actually. He looks exactly the same, so it shouldn't have been surprising, but I think I just didn't realize he was old enough to have played both roles.

On the same note, Pharrell Williams is 42. I always thought he was closer to 30 (and closer to 20 when he collaborated on Drop it Like It's Hot). Dude just doesn't age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

trickybiscuits posted:

Holy poo poo, I went to this school! I repeatedly got cheeseburgers at the exact place where this occurred! I am unreasonably excited about this fact!

I love how criminals are condemned by the sheer number of cameras around these days. It's like the scene in Hot Fuzz when Timothy Dalton is getting taken away and all the schoolkids are grinning and filming it on their phones.

From the Schadenfreude Thread.

I have seen Hot Fuzz many times. I just realized that the supermarket owner is Timothy Dalton.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

speshl guy posted:

There's an episode of Always Sunny where Frank and his brother are telling a story of their youth wherein they are competing for the affections of a beautiful singer. When they first say her name it's so absurdly elegant to the ears that I didn't realize that it was in fact an incredibly crass name for a black woman.

Sha-Dynasty

is actually

Shady Nasty

:doh:

I just figured out I'm not in the Star Trek thread in TVIV.

Tiggum posted:

But it isn't.

It kind of is, maybe (okay, not really but a tenuous connection is better than most of these). "Pet peeve" is a combination of "pet" meaning "especially cherished" with "peeve." That meaning of "pet" comes from "pet" meaning "tamed animal."

The origin of "pet" meaning "tamed animal" is unknown, but it was originally a term used only in Scotland and Northern England and was "probably associated with or influenced by petty" according to Etymology Online.