Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Recently found out it's "those kids were fast as lightning," not "those cats were fast as lightning."

I'm still sure he says "cats"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
The moon is bigger than Pluto.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

spectralent posted:

I had an impressive moment where I only got the joke I had made a few months after when someone explained it to me. I named a character Shay DeGray and it took someone else pointing it out for me to notice this is a pun.

I don't get it.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Mister Macys posted:

Add Ontario to the sneakers crowd, along with running shoes/runners, because nobody plays tennis here (Milos Raonic excepted). :canada:

Atlantic Canada too. I've only heard "tennis shoes" in 80s movies.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
So apparently Benedict Cumberbatch is a real person and not a fake name used to mock British people.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Davinci posted:

Do people seriously think its weird to drink milk with dinner? What the gently caress? What the for real actual gently caress?

It's one of those weird goon things. For some reason this forum has a bunch of normal average stuff that a lot of users think is really odd. It's the same as when someone will tell a story about a "weird" family that doesn't wear shoes indoors, or thinking that everyone is circumcised.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Them the characters would be saying "there's a secret base in the Arctic of planet Hoth. By the way most of the planet is actually quite warm but we won't have a chance to go there."

Also R2D2 rolls ever where.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

syscall girl posted:

Words like "valet" and "foyer" are properly pronounced as read in English.

People try to put on airs with those but nope.

Are you saying that you pronounce valet so it rhymes like pallet? If you're going to somewhere fancy enough that someone takes your keys and parks for you, I don't think you have to worry about sounding like Mr Fancywords.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKGoVefhtMQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
When people have been discussing the movie "Room" they aren't talking about the movie "the room".