Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I hope you actually get a decent amount of ammo this time, especially from enemies, because HR's lack of ammo was obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

closeted republican posted:

I hope you actually get a decent amount of ammo this time, especially from enemies, because HR's lack of ammo was obnoxious.

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahaha

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

So, how hard exactly did you hit your head? Should we call someone?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Republican Vampire posted:

So, how hard exactly did you hit your head? Should we call someone?

I remember when I could freely use the Heavy Rifle and energy weapons because of how much ammo I had. Heck, thanks to all the shotgun ammo enemies dropped, I was able to kill most enemies with a shotgun! It was so much fun!

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.

I agree. You would think games have moved beyond enemies that can expend magazine after magazine against you, yet only drop 1-3 rounds even if you kill them before they can fire.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Oh so that's your problem, you were a little bitch and went lethal.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Oh so that's your problem, you were a little bitch and went lethal.
If I wanted to just level up some skill points and then press the auto-attack button to win, I would just play a proper RPG!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Yeah, it was super annoying to be carrying around this weapon that you just can't use on anything because there's never any ammo for it, or realising you've basically wasted weapon upgrades because the thing you put them on is just dead weight in your inventory. Also, given the way the boss fights were designed, having stuff like the rocket launcher (useless in most situations due to limited ammo) take up such a huge amount of inventory space was really annoying.

Tytan
Sep 17, 2011

u wot m8?
That trailer could've easily been for Human Revolution, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Very excited for this!

The shot at the end with the polygon shield thing covering Adam's skin, I'm guessing they're introducing nano-augmentation in this one?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tytan posted:

That trailer could've easily been for Human Revolution, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Very excited for this!

The shot at the end with the polygon shield thing covering Adam's skin, I'm guessing they're introducing nano-augmentation in this one?

Without a doubt. To both things.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lucius Debeers says he's cold.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What a shame.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

He needs to suck it up.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gonna be extremely disappointed if there's not a passing side mission with Pritchard who now works in some dead end bullshit place after Sarif goes under

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I hope that the prerendered cutscenes they have in the game are done by the folks who do the trailers instead of that muddy looking poo poo that they had in the first game.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Everyone has asked about Malik and Pritchard, but what about Sarif? Will we see him gain?

"But Aaadam you're reading this in my voice right now, aren't you? "

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He can't be alive, there's no way to resist either punching or killing him as soon as he stops having an invincibility flag. :colbert:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeathChicken posted:

He can't be alive, there's no way to resist either punching or killing him as soon as he stops having an invincibility flag. :colbert:

Odd I always found him pretty easy to save.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Everyone has asked about Malik and Pritchard, but what about Sarif? Will we see him gain?

Aaadam, Aaadam, ya can't leave! We need you!

I killed him at the end of every playthrough

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Can't see why you'd do that, considering Sarif kicks loving rear end.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Sarif rules and you're a monster for killing him.

ellic
Apr 28, 2009

I never asked for this

Grimey Drawer

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I'm pretty sure that's the canon ending that shapes the premise of the new game.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

It's even better with music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6e0abCt1ww

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Sarif sounded so much like a family friend (who was originally from Boston) it was surreal.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Isn't Sarif's VA a crazed conspiracy nut who would have a nervous breakdown if he was in another Deus Ex game? :v:

Extropist
Apr 26, 2008

Anatharon posted:

Isn't Sarif's VA a crazed conspiracy nut who would have a nervous breakdown if he was in another Deus Ex game? :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhJ2G7PZSkY

Nah, that's just a character he portrays for fun/laughs.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I liked Sarif.

Dude wasn't good with people, but if you actually checked the emails/talked to everyone, you could realize he was being honest. He was just trying to get augs into everyone's hands, without the horrific dependency on Neuropozyne, and it was mainly based on a philosophical desire rather then a monetary/economic one. Hell, he even refused to join the Illuminati a few times because he didn't want to rule the world, he just wanted to help people through better aug technology, which is what caused the events of the game in the first place.

Even the "extra augs" he put into Adam aren't very extra. If you read the file, most of the extra augs are in the arms/cranium, which hey guess what, were the most damaged. You were going to get both arms cut off anyway, might as well add some cool new toys in there while your at it. The typhoon I think is the only real aug he put in that you didn't explicitly need/stuff was removed for. And considering he knew the Illuminati existed and knew they were likely the ones who attacked him, I'm not even sure "more guns" wasn't a needed aug in his eyes.

He's one of the few people in the Deus Ex games that isn't a colossal shithead, but we all went in assuming he would be because of course he would, this is Deus Ex and he's got to be the Manderly analogue right?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Rookersh posted:

I liked Sarif.

Dude wasn't good with people, but if you actually checked the emails/talked to everyone, you could realize he was being honest. He was just trying to get augs into everyone's hands, without the horrific dependency on Neuropozyne, and it was mainly based on a philosophical desire rather then a monetary/economic one. Hell, he even refused to join the Illuminati a few times because he didn't want to rule the world, he just wanted to help people through better aug technology, which is what caused the events of the game in the first place.

Even the "extra augs" he put into Adam aren't very extra. If you read the file, most of the extra augs are in the arms/cranium, which hey guess what, were the most damaged. You were going to get both arms cut off anyway, might as well add some cool new toys in there while your at it. The typhoon I think is the only real aug he put in that you didn't explicitly need/stuff was removed for. And considering he knew the Illuminati existed and knew they were likely the ones who attacked him, I'm not even sure "more guns" wasn't a needed aug in his eyes.

He's one of the few people in the Deus Ex games that isn't a colossal shithead, but we all went in assuming he would be because of course he would, this is Deus Ex and he's got to be the Manderly analogue right?

I guess. Even though his ending is some sort of libertarian paradise hellhole, his parting words to Adam when Adam was skeptical of it was "Do what you think would be best" which was a far cry from everyone else's endings whoo outright told you to do their endings or else.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rookersh posted:

Rookersh posted:

I liked Sarif.

That's what I ended up walking away from the game feeling.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Adam only needed one arm replaced, it was Sarif's idea to tear off the other one and both his legs.

He might be a charming guy, but David Sarif is a pretty lovely person.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Momomo posted:

Adam only needed one arm replaced, it was Sarif's idea to tear off the other one and both his legs.

People always seem to forget this. hahaha. His reasons for doing what he did were anything but 'nice' and 'considerate'.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I mean, maybe I'm just weird, but I think if my company got me a full set of kickin rad robot death limbs I'd be ok with it.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Momomo posted:

The only file I remember talking about this mentioned that your spine was severed from your limbs ( a big deal! ), with the "extra augs" being ambiguous.

Because yeah, getting additional poo poo in your arm is "extra augs" but you still needed the arm replaced anyways.

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
I wonder what physical therapy for Jensen was like. Imagine scratching your nose and a blade coming out of your arm. Or not having a heartbeat in the same place because it was moved for an electroparachute and experimental explosive device. What does it feel like to have heavy skin, fortified with metamaterials and fiber optics? Does it shear from the softer tissue underneath easily? Jensen seems kind of apathetic about lifechanging trauma. The character never experiences any downside to augmentation, which makes the larger question "are robo-arms sweet?" kind of dumb.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rookersh posted:

The only file I remember talking about this mentioned that your spine was severed from your limbs ( a big deal! ), with the "extra augs" being ambiguous.

Nope. Only one arm needed to be replaced.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Drifter posted:

People always seem to forget this. hahaha. His reasons for doing what he did were anything but 'nice' and 'considerate'.

Sarif is a slight inversion of Bob Morton in Robocop. While he's still happy to feed someone else's limbs to his ambition, his ambition is slightly more altruistic--he doesn't want to climb to the top of OCP/Sarif because he's already there.

Though to be fair, I did go into the game with a certain set of expectations--like Rook mentioned earlier, I thought he'd be a Manderley analogue. But the writers and developers were smart enough to play against those expectations. It's kinda like KotOR 2--I went in expecting a huge twist like in the first game, but the twist was that there was no twist. Which I was completely okay with.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Drifter posted:

Then he starts treating Adam as Robocop and has him do things like sneak into a police station. Like, since when was this in his contract?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Momomo posted:

Then he starts treating Adam as Robocop and has him do things like sneak into a police station. Like, since when was this in his contract?

I didn *snickers* ask for *chokes back a laugh* ASK FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Sarif is great. I enjoyed his character. I dont really remember any of the endings from HR though, was only one of them the destruction of the place you're at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Anatharon posted:

I mean, maybe I'm just weird, but I think if my company got me a full set of kickin rad robot death limbs I'd be ok with it.

gently caress yeah. How lovely would your pathetic human arm seem compared to the badass robot arm on the other side?

• Locked thread