Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

blunt for century posted:

Well, first of all, that's a much better idea than mine of stationing mobile AA next to it. :downs: There's plenty of room on top for it to fit.

Humor the idea, but what if a country like the US were to develop a giant fuckoff tank like that? We don't have to worry about getting bombed, we hardly ever engage a country with an air force, and when we do, we cripple the AF first things first. I could totally see us developing something like that as a mobile HQ for artillery, tanks, and infantry. If you want to say it would cost too much, look at the F-35 that Son of Thunderbeast posted a minute ago :v: It would be mostly immune to any kind of IED or RPG, due to the massively thick armor and treads, and, I would assume, the reactive armor on top of the thick-rear end regular armor. It would also have plenty of area to station different types of weaponry in different sizes, depending on the local difficulties, including the AA issue mentioned earlier

It could have a med bay, ammo dump for infantry and artillery, a small kitchen, local intelligence, and even possibly area enough on top for a helicopter to land on, and all sorts of other poo poo

I've definitely seen our military/congress make worse decisions on things to blow billions on, like, once again the F-35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread