Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

.45 ACP US Army Ball FMJ is around 477 joules at the muzzle out of a five inch barrel. Tokarev out of a similar length barrel averages between 500 and 700 (the Czechs were notorious for edging towards the latter -- google "tokarev czech load", you'll probably see some stories about Russian TT33s blowing the gently caress up because someone shoved Czech ammo in them).

I think .30 Carbine is ~1300 J. I could open a tab to wikipedia but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

I would guess you get a significant decrease of muzzle velocity with a three inch barrel.

Still the same amount of gunpowder. Though a LOT of it would burn outside the barrel (hence the massive fireball).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

My favourite thing about it is its main guns had an effective range of half its maximum hourly travel distance. It could fire reliably at a target it would take half an hour to drive to.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

If it's just shooting a hunk of DU, then not likely. Maybe if it hit a fuel line and sparked a fire...

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

A fire spitting hover rescue bot?

Robocop drones.

"Dead or alive, you are coming with me." *burns crook's face off with hover thrusters*

• Locked thread