Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

tardwrangler posted:

Here's a thing, basically an agricultural tractor mounted with 6 106mm recoiless rifles firing those beehive rounds mentioned earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M50_Ontos

NVA often shat themselves and ran when it turned up. Smart move.

I had the instruction book/field guide/whatever for this thing for a long time. Something that seemed odd about it at the time was that it can go up a steeper hill in reverse than forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Probably. It seemed a lot more weird at the time though. I want to say that it also had a manual transmission and the steering controls looked like it was a real pain to drive, but I don't remember why I came up with that opinion. It was before I learned to drive myself, so who knows if I was right or not.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Am I understanding that right in that the driver's position was essentially fixed to the base in that it rotated counter to the turret's rotation? If so, there's no way you'll convince me that graphic is to scale AND that the tank is only 6' tall.

• Locked thread